This thread is privately moderated by Red.Sneakers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 06, 2015, 02:46 PM
2016 The Year for Air Shows
Thread OP
Yippee!

Best Day of the 2015 Season

Beautiful Autumn day in Northern New Jersey. Winds light & variable, no turbulence, mild thermal activity, low UV index, temps in the mid 60’s F. Spent 4 hours at the Club, watching very accomplished pilots fly anything & everything fixed-wing electric. Strapped in a camping chair under the shade of a tree, Sport Cub S C9, with a new HH motor, ran through 6 batts for a total of 70+ minutes of airtime. Flight logger activated for the first two flights. First flight did a 360 foot spiral in 12 seconds (30.0 fps / 20.5 mph / 32.9 kmh). A full scale pilot said " that's a lot of G's" & waited for the wings to snap off. Second batt caught a thermal, dead stick glide for over 2 1/2 min, back up again into another thermal. Dead stick from altitude for over 3 1/2+ min spiral & glide to a perfect power off landing on the deck. Total flight time for batt #2 ~ 20 min 18 sec. Sustained winds on the last batt so did a bunch of near vertical elevator landings & STOL ROG to appreciative spectators. One of my mentors commented, "Red, I still remember the day when you would pack up your planes at the slightest hint of a breeze." Hum, I’ll call it the best day of the 2015 season.

Best Day for the 2014 Season
=> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2233797 <=

Last edited by Red.Sneakers; Jan 22, 2016 at 11:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply