May 03, 2007, 08:01 PM
Conformity Kill's
Thread OP
Cool

RC-Tek Diablo and Sky Shark Thread

This is an open thread for the discussion of the RC-Tek Diablo and Sky Shark.

Full production versions of the two Helis will be released for sale starting on Monday the 7th (happens to be my birthday).

I'm starting this thread for all those intrested in the two Helis and don't really care who's selling them.

I was given the chance to buy and fly this heli pre-production and it was IMO a very good and in some cases better than the Trex SE V1, I don't own a V2 so I can't really compare the two.

Like I said the release will be this coming Monday and for all that are intrested I will post information here in this thread.

I personally will be flying mine this weekend at a local Funfly and a Sponsored pilot will aslo be flying his. I'll update with pictures and video.

Mods,

Please don't kill this thread, for some of us who like the Heli regardless of who's selling them, we would like to talk about it.

Geneween
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2007, 08:36 PM
obey gravity, it's the law

sky shark

isnt there a thread for these all ready?
are they being released with the G-head?
May 03, 2007, 08:37 PM
For those of you do don't like rc-tek or Scott, don't come in here and ruin it for us.
May 03, 2007, 08:37 PM
All I know is I want one!!
May 03, 2007, 08:41 PM
Conformity Kill's
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying glass
isnt there a thread for these all ready?
are they being released with the G-head?

the Mods killed the thead, but for those of us still intrested I opened this one.

the things that are included, If I miss one I'm sorry, the original thread is gone now, I hope I can remember all of them...

included for 339.00US:

- New "G-HEAD" standard
- New all metal tail standard
- New larger painted canopy standard
- New universal servo mounts standard
- New enclosed tail control rod guide standard
- New frames with tail gear collar access hole standard
- New upgraded stainless steel socket head hardware standard
- Alum. case for the heli and enough storage for your TX and stuff
- 100% assembled

you can get it for 299.00US without the case.

GW
Last edited by geneween; May 03, 2007 at 08:48 PM.
May 03, 2007, 08:43 PM
Here is the new and larger factory painted Diablo canopy.

Regards,
Scott
Last edited by Scott_RC-TEK; May 03, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
May 03, 2007, 08:44 PM
Your user title is suggestive,
It looks pretty nice. I like the high flybar; fewer destroyed servos and gyros. However, I don't like the fixed "hoops" around the blade grips. HomeybeeCPs have the same design. It really limits the adjust ability of the head.
May 03, 2007, 08:45 PM
Conformity Kill's
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xptical
It looks pretty nice. I like the high flybar; fewer destroyed servos and gyros. However, I don't like the fixed "hoops" around the blade grips. HomeybeeCPs have the same design. It really limits the adjust ability of the head.

what hoops...there gone now with the "G-Head"

GW
May 03, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hoops?? where?

Scott-
May 03, 2007, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k
All I know is I want one!!
Peter, you buy one yet????
May 03, 2007, 09:28 PM
Model Bender
but you -will- be stocking hoops for a long while... for those that bought that particular head?
May 03, 2007, 09:38 PM
TEAM SCHC
I just test flew the skyshark (silver model) and man!!!! I have to say it is an animal!! It is WAAAAYYY more stable than my trex has ever been. Ofcourse this was because of good setup (thanks to AH clem). WOW!! Piro flips were dead on!! I can do about 3-4 chaos..or two piroflips or whatevers and this thing is crazy!!! WAy better than the TREX 450 SE V2 that i had. Almost half the cost!!
May 03, 2007, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDragonFlyer
but you -will- be stocking hoops for a long while... for those that bought that particular head?
Yes, we will keep a few, but it is actually cheaper to just give our customers the two new flybar cage rods and linkages to change to the G-HEAD. If anything, we do take care of our customers.

Scott-
May 03, 2007, 09:55 PM
Model Bender
Quote:
Originally Posted by timphan84
I just test flew the skyshark (silver model) and man!!!! I have to say it is an animal!! It is WAAAAYYY more stable than my trex has ever been. Ofcourse this was because of good setup (thanks to AH clem). WOW!! Piro flips were dead on!! I can do about 3-4 chaos..or two piroflips or whatevers and this thing is crazy!!! WAy better than the TREX 450 SE V2 that i had. Almost half the cost!!
Half the cost of the SE V2? Link please?
May 03, 2007, 10:02 PM
Suspended Account
I like that RC-Tek 450 lettering you put on the G-Head....

Gives it a nice originality!!!!

Sweeet

Quick Reply