Aug 04, 2004, 11:52 PM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Thread OP

How do you "series connect" battery packs.

I am pondering a big electric. I was thinking of linking in series two of the 3300 mah car packs for a AXI 2826/12. How do you "series connect" I have a pf12 charger that only goes up to 2500 mah. What charger would you recommend for these packs.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2004, 02:08 AM
I assume you are asking how two series two seperate packs together. In your case 2 6 cell gp3300 packs.

It is easy.

Make a connector harness as follows.

You will need 2 male versions of the plug that is on the battery and one female version.

Wire from the positive terminal of male #1 to the positive terminal of female #1
wire from the negative terminal of male #2 to the negative terminal of female #1
wire from the negative terminal of male #1 to the positive terminal of male #2

The flow of current should be a big loop. If you start with the negative side of your harness and follow the wires it should loop through each battery and then out through the positive side of your harness.. Do not connect the harness onto your battiers until you are 100% the polarity etc is correct. (Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or destruction )

It is late so I hope this makes sense. Sorry if its just a bunch of mumbling

You will need a charger that can hand 12 cells if you want to charge them all at once or if you break them apart almost any NIMh can handle that. I recommend the Great planes Triton charger.

Keep in mind that the first time you should charge them seperately. Because you should only charge them together if are both at the same state of discharge. i.e. same amount of capacity out of both. Not a bad idea to top them off individually from time to time anyway.

Mike
Aug 05, 2004, 02:18 AM

Visual aid :)

Aug 05, 2004, 07:58 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Thread OP
Thanks, the visual helps alot! Seems that sermos connector ought to make charging simpler.
Last edited by Solcat; Aug 05, 2004 at 09:26 AM.

Quick Reply