Sep 07, 2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
I agree with your analysis. And thanks!

A couple months ago I used the Nano to learn inverted hovering. The lower mass provides all the benefits you have described. Hit throttle hold and it's very much like the mSR from a durability standpoint. During this process I never popped a link much less lost one, and the main gear only slipped on the shaft once as a result of one hellacious impact. Canopy pins are still intact.

So from a personal experience standpoint, the Nano has helped me move to the next level in heli flying, and I'm now enjoying helis in a way I wasn't sure I'd ever achieve. You can call this hype if you want to, but I'm just sharing my own personal experience here. Your mileage may very.
Thanks Dave for your incite. Product looks super on the video. JAMES does it justice. Now I just need one for my fleet!!!

Glad you are having fun and progressing too!!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
At least 1s lipos are really cheap!

Blade/Eflite/HH is KILLING me!! About a year ago I said that I need a CP heli that was bigger and more powerful than the mCPx for backyard flying. Along comes with 130x. EXACTLY what I was looking for. Then about 6 months ago I said it would be really nice to have an mSRx sized indoor CP heli and NOW they've released this.

Awesome job guys! Seriously. You know you're doing the right thing as a company when you are consistently putting products on the shelves that allow people to find more and more ways to have fun with this hobby.

What a fantastic time to be in the hobby. I can fly helis in my house. I can fly helis in my backyard. I can fly planes in my backyard. And when it's freakin' raining or too cold... guess what? I can plug my transmitter into the computer and getting a really darn good simulation experience.

Keep it coming HH... keep it coming!! Off topic but while you're at it - how about that dang Park Size Beast I've been looking/waiting/longing for all this time? You got me hooked on the wee Beastie with the V1 and now the 3D Beast with AS3X. Now I just need a park flyer sized Beast (preferrably balsa but I'll take whatever you can give me )!
Off topic too!

Man I would love a park sized BALSA 3D Beast.
How much do you think it would cost?
Sep 07, 2012, 02:58 PM
Free Beer
the Nano cpx does NOT! have the same motor as the mcpx!

manual here. see the motor in the exploded parts view.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3300-Manual.pdf
Sep 07, 2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
I agree with your analysis. And thanks!

A couple months ago I used the Nano to learn inverted hovering. The lower mass provides all the benefits you have described. Hit throttle hold and it's very much like the mSR from a durability standpoint. During this process I never popped a link much less lost one, and the main gear only slipped on the shaft once as a result of one hellacious impact. Canopy pins are still intact.

So from a personal experience standpoint, the Nano has helped me move to the next level in heli flying, and I'm now enjoying helis in a way I wasn't sure I'd ever achieve. You can call this hype if you want to, but I'm just sharing my own personal experience here. Your mileage may very.

Seems like Mikel just mentioned your learning inverted on the R/Cast. http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...t_render-rcast
Sep 07, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just a bored guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
the Nano cpx does NOT! have the same motor as the mcpx!

manual here. see the motor in the exploded parts view.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3300-Manual.pdf
I'm pretty sure it is the mSRX main, which is the biggest 8.4mm out, with an mCPX tail.
Sep 07, 2012, 03:41 PM
a little kid at heart
I'm getting one too.

Bill
Sep 07, 2012, 03:43 PM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
I'm pretty sure it is the mSRX main, which is the biggest 8.4mm out, with an mCPX tail.
my only fear is that the tail will blow out with pitch movements. i really hope we all dont have to extend the tail like the mcpx. it just looks dumb.
Sep 07, 2012, 04:24 PM
Dave, will the nCPx be at the Horizon Hobby US Airmeet this weekend? I was hoping James would be showing it off since he is going to be there.
Sep 07, 2012, 05:00 PM
Horizon Hobby - BLADE Nano CPX testing - Rccopter Magazine (3 min 8 sec)

Sep 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex
Off topic too!

Man I would love a park sized BALSA 3D Beast.
How much do you think it would cost?
I don't really care how much it cost... I just want one.
Sep 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
I wonder what the run time is compared to the stock Mcpx?
Sep 08, 2012, 09:06 AM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
I wonder what the run time is compared to the stock Mcpx?
manual says to set the timer to 4:00. maybe 5 with turnigy batts.
Sep 08, 2012, 09:06 AM
Wow, really glad I returned my MCPX and skipped it altogether. This one is exactly what I've been looking for, thank you Horizon!
Sep 08, 2012, 10:49 AM
Gettin back into it!!
the guy in the video got about 3 minutes.
Sep 08, 2012, 11:26 AM
Yes for 3D, we'v put 3mn (manual recommend this)

Quick Reply