Jun 18, 2012, 12:51 AM
manual flying apologist
i like the drawing
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2012, 12:57 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Has anyone had an issue where their Naza doesnt recognize the GPS?
Jun 18, 2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275
i like the drawing
Its a rough depiction of my F450 installation.
Jun 18, 2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
merzwurn, i for one would like to see your 9303 settings on 6 ch.question for everyone is i have 2 perfectly flying quads with nazas currently. my gps is in route but i,m trying the first before i order the second to see if i want it on both quads, is there any advantage to updating the naza that might or might not get a gps? will my gains or other settings change with the new firmware? thanks for the input...rob m
Rob I'll take a few pics tomorrow as I'm just about to go to work. Your just after the mixing setting etc?
Jun 18, 2012, 02:58 AM
My naza with gps, gaui330 frame quick rth test on failsafe, sorry about the video quality,

Naza gps gaui330 phfs.wmv (1 min 7 sec)
Jun 18, 2012, 03:24 AM
My mini review.
Impressed with the Naza GPS.It will hold within a 2m square with ease and is easy to configure and will give you real peace of mind during flight.
I fly WKMs to, and when flying that, it is more stable,has better gps accuracy BUT is more than twice as much.If all you are doing though, is flying and taking a few snaps,it is not twice as good.GPS add on is worth it.Far better than i expected!
Honestly.DJI is really pushing forward with great products and innovation.Sure there are others.None though,are as easy to set up and just go fly.(No affiliation with DJI)
If i can do it,anyone can......I is well fick

Specs....
Carbon Core quad
MK Motors
APC 10*3.8 props
Hobbywing 12a controllers

Man-180,Atti-120,Yaw-120,Vertical-180
GPS...X=0,Y=0,Z=-15

I use a DX7 and carbon receiver, set up like this.
Piccy...Name: IMG_0096.JPG
Views: 150
Size: 270.6 KB
Description:
Jun 18, 2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari
My mini review.
Impressed with the Naza GPS.It will hold within a 2m square with ease and is easy to configure and will give you real peace of mind during flight.
Im surprised with your "2m square" position hold. I tested mine yesterday in strong gusty winds and mine held within 30cm with a distinct lean into the wind. The altitude changed sometimes by 30 - 60cm in gusts which probably just needs an increase in altitude gain, but horizontally it was spot on.

When the gusts stopped and the wind was steady the Naza was rock solid and didnt move at all horizontally.

My friend was flying alongside with his F550 fitted with the Wookong with the v2 GPS and his was solid too although it wasnt any more stable than my Naza.
Jun 18, 2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papernkero
Im surprised with your "2m square" position hold. I tested mine yesterday in strong gusty winds and mine held within 30cm with a distinct lean into the wind. The altitude changed sometimes by 30 - 60cm in gusts which probably just needs an increase in altitude gain, but horizontally it was spot on.

When the gusts stopped and the wind was steady the Naza was rock solid and didnt move at all horizontally.

My friend was flying alongside with his F550 fitted with the Wookong with the v2 GPS and his was solid too although it wasnt any more stable than my Naza.
If you just hover,then yes, it will stay within a 30cm area.When you fly to a point though,there is an initial drift of 1 to 2 meters,especially at the beginning of flight.It is not as accurate at "parking" in the sky as the WKM.It is as good at position hold though,as you say papernkero.
WKM-Man parking.
GPS Naza-Woman parking.
Last edited by paulujvari; Jun 18, 2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Sexist pig alert
Jun 18, 2012, 04:25 AM
LOL, well it was very windy so didnt do much flying around except to send it out to test the RTH feature. Hopefully next weekend I can do some general flying and compare.
Jun 18, 2012, 06:34 AM
I'm still a little confused on how measure the COG...
Jun 18, 2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelog
I'm still a little confused on how measure the COG...
Hey Marcelo,
did you get your GPS alredy? How it is perform down here in Brazil? If you want you can PM in portuguese...

Cheers,
Mauro
Jun 18, 2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramovan
I would either try some 9" props or a 4S lipo. A 4S 5000mah pack might be the way to get some long run times again. A hex eats up a lot of power and I usually have to double my battery capacity when going from quad to hex. The 5 minute runtimes you're reporting are about what I would expect with a 3S 3300mah, but the small props on 3S is probably not helping your efficiency.
I still need to do some tests, and test different props to find a good power efficient combination, i have ordered 10" Graupner props but only the CW arrived, CCW where out of stock, l will also order some 9" and 11" to try.

Having a Lipo with more capacity will be an option too, i'm thinking on buying 2 packs of the Turnigy nano-tech 3s8400 they weight only about 250gr more than my 3s4500.
Jun 18, 2012, 07:16 AM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
Thats cool u got yours fixed,
No i didn't get mine fixed , i just gave up on it, being a 330 small quad im just letting it go, But if my hexa does it i will fix that one, should have my GPS mid of the week, cant wait..
Anyways Happy Flying!!

G
Shame that. I was hoping to see you beat it (Ooooh! Matron ).

Personally I'd take it as a challenge in a "it's you or me you little bd" sense, but I get how frustrating it can be.

I've a feeling that DJI have designed and tested this GPS round their F450 frame size with any bias going towards the F650, that being their two most popular frame sizes. It may even be that their main focus was on the 550, in which case it's probably even worse news for your F330.

I still think you could beat the concentration of electronic interference by getting the GPS up and out of it, or try shielding and winding.
I get not being bothered if you've got a hexa coming though, as it's unlikely to share the same issues.
Jun 18, 2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
\

Were your 10x4.5 props the originals? I couldn't fly with mine - they were way too flexible and caused wobble especially in the wind. I changed to 10" Graupners which are very stiff and it made a huge difference in stability. I now run 3S batteries and getting 8 - 10 minutes flying.on 3000 mAh.
I'm not using DJI motors, so i'm using standard props from flyduino.net the Carbon reinforced ones, they are very stiff and balanced (excellent quality) will have to try the Graupners also.
Jun 18, 2012, 07:21 AM
Empire Support

Z values

Quote:
If your antenna is above the COG then your Z value will be negative. The lower your COG the larger will be the negative Z value.

I have my antenna on the supplied mast and my COG is below the lower plate so my Z value is -6cm (from a line that passes through my COG to a parallel line that touches the top of the GPS antenna

See the attached diagram

Turn your Quad on its side and try to balance it vertically along the edges of two of its apposing arms with the lower plate facing towards you and the upper plate facing away from you. If it tips towards you then your Quad is bottom heaving (COG is below the bottom plate). This is what you'd expect if your battery and camera are mounted underneath as with mine. If it tips towards the upper plate then its top heavy (battery and camera on top).

Which ever way it tips try to find a balance point, then measure vertically (in cm) from the balance point to the top of the GPS antenna). That is your -Z value in cm.
I suspended the Flamewheel by a string run through the arms at their attachment points to the plates and arrived at a point about 1 cm above the bottom plate as my COG. My battery is on the top plate, and I have a camera and gimbal hung from my bottom plate. My GPS is essentially just above the top plate, so I set Z at -3 cm. The toilet bowl effect was so bad it caused a crash. Think I should go to -2 cm or even -1 cm? Which direction do you think I need to go? power's explanation of using the thrust plane as a Z reference instead of the true COG seems logical to me. That would mean taking the Z setting to -2 or -1. Or even 0...
I appreciate the help. Pre GPS the Naza flew on the Flamewheel 450 rock solid. The TBE (large circle) and crashing was disconcerting...

Quick Reply