Mar 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Thread OP
Can you guys post the flight times here when you get the Zippy 350s ?

I just tested the Oversky 400mah linear 20C battery. Results are in the BL section. Will add head speed later today.

So far the Nano-tech 300mAh is the best battery for the most head speed, thrust, and flight time. The Hyperion 240 mah is very close to it.
Both batteries are good choices.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2012, 06:30 AM
Have you tried the Hyperion 250mah batteries that are made for the mcpx?
Mar 20, 2012, 08:52 AM
has anyone tried these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Extra-3-...#ht_2415wt_965
Mar 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33
Have you tried the Hyperion 250mah batteries that are made for the mcpx?
I don't have any of them to try out. They should about the same as the Hyperion 240mah battery flight time wise. 10 more mah won't give too much more flight time.

Tom
Mar 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
Got them on the way, they have gotten thru Chicago so I expect them this week. I'll see what the run time is.
Sport flying only. Can't do/afford 3d .

Moto
Mar 20, 2012, 11:50 AM
i have the miniCP already and the esc and c05 for brushless...waiting for those gunmetal Devo10's actually had one on pre-order but i had to pull out because of an emergency but payday is coming again. I'm thinking about going 8T and keeping basically the stock headspeed. Should make for really good flight times with that ebay battery. I'm actually worried about the tail motor more than anything else.
Mar 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
Thread OP

Hawk goes after my Mini CP !

Just got back from flying my Mini CP BL outside in a big field.
I took some HD videos which I will post tonight of basic flying and flipping and inverting.

As I was flying a Hawk came after my MCP. It chased it very close and attempted to grad the rotor blades a number of times.
It knew something wasn't right so it flew away but came back.
I wish I would have caught this on film but it happened above the cameras view.

I did get the Hawk coming after my MCP again on video and took some still pictures of it. Pictures are in the BL Section.
Will post the video of it tonight along with my other videos of me flying.

I thought the Hawk might get a hold of my brand new heli and fly off with it.

Final Score:

Mini CP: 1
Hawk: 0

Tom
Mar 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z
Just got back from flying my Mini CP BL outside in a big field.
I took some HD videos which I will post tonight of basic flying and flipping and inverting.

As I was flying a Hawk came after my MCP. It chased it very close and attempted to grad the rotor blades a number of times.
It knew something wasn't right so it flew away but came back.
I wish I would have caught this on film but it happened above the cameras view.

I did get the Hawk coming after my MCP again on video and took some still pictures of it. Pictures are in the BL Section.
Will post the video of it tonight along with my other videos of me flying.

I thought the Hawk might get a hold of my brand new heli and fly off with it.

Final Score:

Mini CP: 1
Hawk: 0

Tom
Lol....I can only imagine a big ass hawk swooping and taking my brand new heli away, id be so pissed.
Mar 21, 2012, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Went flying outside again today. No Hawk going after my Mini CP this time
but something else attacked my helicopter...

Tom
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Mar 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
So would you consider this the best configuration for the MCP ?

C05 motor w/9T pinion
Genius CP main gear.
Oversky 400mah linear 20C battery.
Stock tail motor
Stock servos
Mar 21, 2012, 02:23 PM
A 9t pinion will give a higher headspeed, for indoor you are probably better going with an 8t pinion.
Mar 21, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hi Tom,
Long time. I know...where have I been?!?

Too broke to afford helis at the moment...this house. You ever see "The Money Pit"?
I had a red tail hawk stoop on my 4g3 and stopped about 18" from a "bird strike". Funny as all get out, watching it back peddle that hard. I kind of keep an eye out...I live next door to a wildlife refuge and they're around, even if you don't see 'em.

regards,
Bill
Mar 21, 2012, 04:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewho83
So would you consider this the best configuration for the MCP ?

C05 motor w/9T pinion
Genius CP main gear.
Oversky 400mah linear 20C battery.
Stock tail motor
Stock servos

That is my preferred setup for normal and 3D flying except for the Oversky 400mah due to it is pretty heavy at 11.2G VS. 7.7G for the Hyperion 240 mah battery.
For normal (non 3D) flying the Oversky 400mah should be fine to use. It had good power when I tried it for a full 4+ minutes.

Tom
Mar 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
Hi Tom,
Long time. I know...where have I been?!?

Too broke to afford helis at the moment...this house. You ever see "The Money Pit"?
I had a red tail hawk stoop on my 4g3 and stopped about 18" from a "bird strike". Funny as all get out, watching it back peddle that hard. I kind of keep an eye out...I live next door to a wildlife refuge and they're around, even if you don't see 'em.

regards,
Bill

Hi Bill,

Got away from the helicopters for a while. Came back here to update my RX/TX sticky and add some more setup guides.
Then saw the Mini CP threads and had to get the MCP! Liked it so much had to do a review on it.

That is interesting you had a Hawk go after your heli also. Sounds like Hawks like helicopters.
I hear it is common for birds to chase a heli or plane but this is the first time I had it happen to me. If only I could have got it all on film!

Think I saw you got the GCP and liked it. If so have you tried to flip and invert or do any 3D?

Tom
Mar 21, 2012, 04:50 PM
definitely recommend going with a 8T or even 7T if you can find them.. the smaller the pinion the lower the headspeed (which is good for mostly sport flying) but you'll have more torque so less bogging and longer flight time..

Quick Reply