Sep 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird
Hello guys
Is there among you who has you change the tail motor DH9116 for another motor other than that proposed by Double horse.
For example N60 or N20 Motor or N30?
And have you had good results?
Bye Gilles
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3554
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2096
You may try a MJX F45 stock tail motor. BThirsk wanted to test it a few weeks ago.
N60ies are to heavy for this heli - it will become unbalanced and you have to add weight in the nose what decreases flight time.
-mike-
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Sep 20, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Woohoo,

First flight down in the basement. With all the info here I was able to hover with just a little left tail trim. Kinda worried about servo throw in "Q" mode. The servos max and start clicking when I move the aileron and elevator to the extreme upper left and bottom right. Maybe I'm just to new and don't know if this is normal but they don't do it in "S" mode so I changed the D/R settings to match those in the "S" mode and I'll play around with it. Can't wait for the wind to die down so I can take her out side.

Thanks again all
Neil.
Sep 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany
Glad to hear it'll work again.
But:
Something IS still loose..... Cold solder joint or cable connection - perhaps the antenna wire - there are some problems with it documented in this thread early on.
BTW - that was not for nothing - you had a closer look to learn about the bird
and you have now a spare PCB - it would come in handy - believe me ....
-mike-
Mike,
problem back again. gave in an ordered one for $7 plus SH from xheli.com. I will also break out the solder iron and start touching stuff, Maybe i'll get lucky and hit the bad one.
Sep 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anyone been successful with the Q/S switch resoldering/shorting techique. I wanna try it until my new Tx arrives.
Sep 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
Wow, the sky is clear

Sleeve for decorative bar

Hello
I have another small change that I want to show it to those interested. I entered a few times in my neighbor's trees and twice I lost a decorative bar. Decorative bar holder are a bit fragile. So I put a sleeve to counter this problem (I emptied a fair one cable sleeve).
And you can also see the change in the picture of the upright tail blade protector I drop of 1 CM for protect the tail blade
Bye Gilles
Sep 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird
Hello
I have another small change that I want to show it to those interested. I entered a few times in my neighbor's trees and twice I lost a decorative bar. Decorative bar holder are a bit fragile. So I put a sleeve to counter this problem (I emptied a fair one cable sleeve).
And you can also see the change in the picture of the upright tail blade protector I drop of 1 CM for protect the tail blade
Bye Gilles
I use shrinking tube on all 4 holder - to strengthen them before it breaks...
-mike-
Sep 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weav01
Mike,
problem back again. gave in an ordered one for $7 plus SH from xheli.com. I will also break out the solder iron and start touching stuff, Maybe i'll get lucky and hit the bad one.
hm bad news.
What a pity you are not in germany - I've got 5 mode2 TX lying around quite useless...
Would send for postage paid for anyone who is in need - but shipping charges in Germany are quite expensive for overseas destinations.
-mike-
Sep 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany
hm bad news.
What a pity you are not in germany - I've got 5 mode2 TX lying around quite useless...
Would send for postage paid for anyone who is in need - but shipping charges in Germany are quite expensive for overseas destinations.
-mike-
thanks for the offer mike. 7$ plus 4.95 SH, 11.95 probably much cheaper than shipment from Germany.
Sep 22, 2012, 07:41 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weav01
thanks for the offer mike. 7$ plus 4.95 SH, 11.95 probably much cheaper than shipment from Germany.
it is.
-mike-
Sep 26, 2012, 11:22 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Read a post about resistance and adding a resistor and such to the Q/S switch. Slammed the throttle stick down hard and felt a little click. Since then the damn thing binds everytime. I have a feeling I was suffering from the resistance at 0 throttle and fixed it. Too late though cause the new Tx already shipped from xheli. I guess i will have an extra for anyone out there who breaks one.
Sep 28, 2012, 04:51 AM
hi guys i have a few questions/
1. is the right steering supposed to be stronger than the left one? it seems that the tail motor has a lot more power than the main motor in turnings (talking about the left stick)
2. when i switch on the tx the led turn on, but after few seconds it shuts off, and the only way to turn it back on is when I'm pressing the trim button,
isn't the back light suppose to turn back on while moving the left or right sticks?
Last edited by karatekid1800; Sep 28, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Sep 28, 2012, 04:52 AM

2 question about dh 9116

hi guys i have a few questions/
1. is the right steering supposed to be stronger than the left one? it seems that the tail motor has a lot more power than the main motor in turnings (talking about the left stick)
2. when i switch on the tx the led turn on, but after few seconds it shuts off, and the only way to turn it back on is when I'm pressing the trim button,
isn't the back light suppose to turn back on while moving the left or right sticks?
Last edited by karatekid1800; Sep 28, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Sep 28, 2012, 09:19 PM
Micro Menace
Hey guys, just ordered 9116 last night. I see that it's possible to bind the 9116 tx to the WL v911. My question is, does the tx have memory for multiple models?? Or do you have to reprogram it each time you switch helis?? I have 3 v911 and would love to be able to control everything with the same tx but it seems like it would be a hassle if I have to reverse the rudder everytime I switch from the 9116 to the v911.

My 9116 will be here monday and I can play around with it then. Just trying to get all the info I can before it gets here.
Last edited by Budasac; Sep 28, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
Sep 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
Blue Skies

Memory in the transmitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
Hey guys, just ordered 9116 last night. I see that it's possible to bind teh 9116 tx to the WL v911. My question is, does the tx have emmory for multiple models?? Or do you have to reprogram it each time you switch helis?? I have 3 v911 and would love to be able to control everything with the same tx but it seems like it would be a hassle if I have to reverse the rudder everytime I switch from the 9116 to the v911.

My 9116 will be here monday and I can play around with it then. Just trying to get all the info I can before it gets here.
The programming will stay in memory but the trim won't. Once you reverse the controls to fly the V911, it'll stay that way until you change it again.
Oct 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Micro Menace

Little help please!

Ok, I got my 9116 today. Unfortunately, when I I try to lift off the motor runs for 1 second and shuts down. If I turn the elevator stick all the way down then up again the motors will again run for 1 second and cut out. Anyone experience this before. I was looking foward to flying this thing and now it looks like I'll have to send it back.

Quick Reply