View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Dec 02, 2012, 08:37 AM
treefinder
Of the hundreds of boxes shipped, we only had two really damaged enough to return. Overwhelmingly, they arrive in pristine condition, typical damage is tiny nicks in the box that doesn't get to the foam, or crushed box corners that may wrinkle corners on a few sheets. Obviously I can't guarantee UPS will drop it off in perfect shape, but the history has been good.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
I just ordered a bundle. The last time I ordered a bundle of FFF it cost me $65.00 at the local lumber yard and it was in kind of rough shape. This foam looks like an answer to my prayers. I have notified all the folks in my local flying club, and my dentist, who flys foamies.
Prop s
Dec 02, 2012, 08:42 AM
I mis-read the shipping....I thought it was Usps, not UPS, which always brings things in excellent shape...Thank You. I hope this makes the grade for your new business venture. WE all need a good supply of good foam.
Thank You again.
Prop s
Dec 02, 2012, 08:46 AM
treefinder
Thanks for your order, it will ship tomorrow. If you have "made fff work for you", you will really like MPF.
Dec 08, 2012, 10:39 AM
treefinder
Folks: For those of you who haven't been following this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1774453 there is enough interest internationally for us to try to figure out how to economically send MPF to the rest of the world. The criteria for shipping such a light weight material for actual weight is to use USPS priority mail international, and stay within their requirements: Max box length of 42", and max girth plus length of 79" (for most countries). I found two commercially available boxes that fit that criteria: 36x12x4, and 40x8x8. So far, the preference seems to be for the 40" box (longer wings, I'd suppose). We can ship about 32 40"x8" sheets in that size box. Since we get our foam from the manufacturer precut to 24x48, we'll have to cut it down. We can get three "international size" sheets and one 8"x24" piece from each original sheet. Our next hurdle is what to do with those 8x24 pieces. We could include them in the international pack. That would make the pack 27 40x8 sheets, 5 24x8 sheets, 4 16x8 sheets and 2 8x8 sheets if we "ship everything". Question is, would that be acceptable to you potential customers?
Dec 08, 2012, 02:36 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
That sounds great to this potential customer.
Last edited by Whiskers; Dec 08, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Dec 08, 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Folks: For those of you who haven't been following this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1774453 there is enough interest internationally for us to try to figure out how to economically send MPF to the rest of the world. The criteria for shipping such a light weight material for actual weight is to use USPS priority mail international, and stay within their requirements: Max box length of 42", and max girth plus length of 79" (for most countries). I found two commercially available boxes that fit that criteria: 36x12x4, and 40x8x8. So far, the preference seems to be for the 40" box (longer wings, I'd suppose). We can ship about 32 40"x8" sheets in that size box. Since we get our foam from the manufacturer precut to 24x48, we'll have to cut it down. We can get three "international size" sheets and one 8"x24" piece from each original sheet. Our next hurdle is what to do with those 8x24 pieces. We could include them in the international pack. That would make the pack 27 40x8 sheets, 5 24x8 sheets, 4 16x8 sheets and 2 8x8 sheets if we "ship everything". Question is, would that be acceptable to you potential customers?
Sounds good, why waste it, it all gets used
Dec 08, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop stitches
I live in the country, and some of the packages I recieve are "a little worse for the wear" how do you think the foam will handle rural Wisconsin?
Gary c aka Prop Stitches
It would fair better than here with people trying to steal it of my porch .lol BIG dog and BIG gun helps me out tho. joe
Dec 09, 2012, 07:27 PM
SARG5
Here in Kansas, with our wind, we like to build a little larger plane. Would like to stay at 50/60 in wing. Also starting to scratch build full body planes. Do not like the Profile, due to equip attachment
SARG5
Dec 09, 2012, 08:22 PM
treefinder
No worries Sarg, the domestic box will stay 24x48!
Dec 09, 2012, 09:01 PM
Proto morlock
Quote:
Question is, would that be acceptable to you potential customers?
It is.....acceptable

: )
Dec 09, 2012, 09:33 PM
treefinder
Yeah, I know, not optimum, but ... acceptable. Well, We'll get on it and try to make it acceptable and available.
Dec 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
treefinder
Ok, the carbon fiber page is up on the website. It seems to work, so use with care.... Also, note that we aren't currently packaging CF sections separately from the foam, but shipping them in the box with the foam (assuming you don't order a couple hundred pieces! ) So you can only order CF if you order a box of foam. Sorry about that, but we don't have the additional containers at this point.
Dec 10, 2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Ok, the carbon fiber page is up on the website. It seems to work, so use with care.... Also, note that we aren't currently packaging CF sections separately from the foam, but shipping them in the box with the foam (assuming you don't order a couple hundred pieces! ) So you can only order CF if you order a box of foam. Sorry about that, but we don't have the additional containers at this point.
Great, you guys are doing an outstanding job.

Could you indicate the weight for the CF to help in picking and design? That would be helpful if not too burdensome.
Dec 10, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
CF page is here:

http://www.modelplanefoam.com/index.php/cf/

Quick Reply