Jun 18, 2003, 12:11 PM
Thread OP

E-Starter Propeller

Hello,
I have purchased an APC 10 by 7 propeller and I have a lot of questions.

~The 10 is referring to length and the 7 is referring to pitch correct?
~If the 7 is indeed the pitch, than this propeller has less pitch?
~If this propeller has less pitch this will make the plane faster?
~Or will it make the plane more sluggish and harder to keep in the air?

B.T.W. This propeller seems to have more pitch!?! It may just be me, but compared the G.W.S. 10 by 8 it seems to have more. Though please don't let this confuse anyone, just my opinion.

Okay, essential information: The plane is an E-Starter, using the stock EPS 300 powerplant with "C" gearing. The battery is a 7 cell 700 mah "AAA" size Nimh.

Oh, anyone thinking about the E-Starter. This is pretty much my first R/C aircraft and I love it! I have had 7 flights and I have gone inverted 3-4 times for an average of 5 seconds each time. I have done numerous loops. One time I even did 5 consecutive (though I could have even done more)! I have also done 2 outside loops! This plane ROG's in about 10 feet and I love it.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2003, 12:44 PM
Hi Chris,
You are correct, the prop is 10" in diameter and it has 7" of pitch (one rotation should theoretically move it 7" forward).
Less pitch will be slower, but not very noticeably. Especially since the GWS props flex much more than the APCs. You'd definitely notice the difference if you went to a 10x4.7.

Good to hear you're enjoying it!
Jun 18, 2003, 12:48 PM
Forgot how to fly
I'll Take a stab:
A 10X7 prop, the 10 is the diameter and the 7 is the pitch. Yes, the 10x7 will spin quicker than the 10X8, but also produce less thrust but...... should speed up the plane. However, I am not sure what the results will be on a high wing plane like the estarter. I have had more success dropping the pitch on low wing planes that are less draggy.

Mike.
www.atlantaeflyers.com
Jun 18, 2003, 03:40 PM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
I had a 9x7.5 APC E prop on my EStarter with 010 and it was much better than the GWS 9x7. I had way more torque and speed. Went with a GWS 10x8 with similar results.
Jun 19, 2003, 04:16 PM
At high altitude I have only had good luck with higher pitch props the 10x4.7 is very weak compared to even a 9x7 on the few planes I have played around with so far.

Quick Reply