Sep 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
After many frustrating days and nights, the 1900mm Skywalker is safe to go for it's maiden flight. My first plane to have a UHF system in it. Too bad the weather isn't looking too promising now. Charging up the batteries just in case it clears.

-Chris
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2012, 02:22 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnast
After many frustrating days and nights, the 1900mm Skywalker is safe to go for it's maiden flight. My first plane to have a UHF system in it. Too bad the weather isn't looking too promising now. Charging up the batteries just in case it clears.

-Chris
Come on out to dfc tomorrow...
Sep 10, 2012, 01:24 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Looks clean Chris!

...Hey Rich, check this out:
BURNING MAN FPV - Black Rock City Aerial Tour 2012 (5 min 20 sec)

I wanna go for 2013, when/where are tickets available?
Sep 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Looks clean Chris!

...Hey Rich, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftsNh...layer_embedded

I wanna go for 2013, when/where are tickets available?
Check the website...

That environment is brutal on Rc gear. It has to be much worse for fpv cams and electronics. I went in 2001 and everything that I took was pretty much ruined by the gypsum dust, including my lungs for 3 weeks. It's a hippie heaven, and I'd love to do it again, but my wife won't let me hang out with thousands naked 22 year old girls anymore.. Not to mention the "random tests" I get at work
Sep 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I need to order a DL antenna for my Zepher, do I get the 30 or 36 inch antenna? Do I get better reception with the longer antenna?
Sep 13, 2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
I need to order a DL antenna for my Zepher, do I get the 30 or 36 inch antenna? Do I get better reception with the longer antenna?
Either is fine ....no difference in reception. Get the length that works best for your setup placement.
Sep 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thanks, just ordered.... also picked up 2 JR DS821's and an Ice 100 today

This covering arrived and looks great, it is the colored CF vinyl- white for top and red for bottom
Sep 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Taking care of business
Quote:
Thanks, just ordered.... also picked up 2 JR DS821's and an Ice 100 today

This covering arrived and looks great, it is the colored CF vinyl- white for top and red for bottom
Sounds slick Bradley...ice 100?! Pushing some power! I have a ice 50 and can get 60mph level no prob. Dive around 115...
What motor you running? And 4s?
Sep 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
FPV Racer - N4FPV
Shadow - I see you are in Acworth. I am over by Brookstone myself. Where are you flying FPV out here?
Sep 13, 2012, 09:29 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I think I could get away with an 80amp, but figured I could have a little headroom.

The motor is a Hyperion HP-ZS3014-12, I have found a few people using this on 4s; reports of 10x6 prop putting out 1200 watts and pulling 80 amps at WOT
Sep 13, 2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie James
Shadow - I see you are in Acworth. I am over by Brookstone myself. Where are you flying FPV out here?
Eddie.....come up to woodstock and we will fly I just got back from Canton....made a few flights with my disco quad ....workn on dialing it in.
Sep 14, 2012, 06:24 AM
FPV Racer - N4FPV
When I drove by there the other day GC the dust bowl looked like a shopping center was being built. Are you flying at that soccer field near it?
Sep 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie James
When I drove by there the other day GC the dust bowl looked like a shopping center was being built. Are you flying at that soccer field near it?
JJ Beillo soccer fields off Arnold Mill . I also like to to fly in Canton off Bluffs Parkway near Hickory Log reservoir......a large undeveloped industrial park.
Sep 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Most of my time is spent flying at noonday park but head up to JJ beillo occasionally. We all need to get together for a small FPV meet one day
Sep 14, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
Most of my time is spent flying at noonday park but head up to JJ beillo occasionally. We all need to get together for a small FPV meet one day
Sure....I think you would like the sight in Canton. Its always clear to fly there...deserted ....great for FPV . This was taken from my EZ*.

Evening FPV flight (6 min 44 sec)

Hickory Log Res. 12-29-11 (7 min 0 sec)

Quick Reply