ME at Cal Poly
Looks good!

Can't wait for the vid!

Free
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
BlackLivesMatter.
Thread OP
Prop Stalled in a Hover and it Fell out of the Sky so i Have To Repair the Nose a Lil
EDIT: bullet connector was loose

K
Last edited by Keenan smith; Sep 18, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Sep 18, 2012, 01:40 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies
Prop Stalled in a Hove and it Fell out of the Hove so i Have To Repair the Nose a Lil

K
Without being obvious if your based in the UK as your location suggests you should really get yourself to the Electric Indoor Masters in February. If you ask nicely I'm sure I could allow you some access to the flightline so you can marvel at the F3P and AM models we're using. Once you see these models fly as modern F3P / Indoor models should I think you'll take a lot of inspiration and knowledge back with you
Sep 18, 2012, 01:56 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap
Without being obvious if your based in the UK as your location suggests you should really get yourself to the Electric Indoor Masters in February. If you ask nicely I'm sure I could allow you some access to the flightline so you can marvel at the F3P and AM models we're using. Once you see these models fly as modern F3P / Indoor models should I think you'll take a lot of inspiration and knowledge back with you
Please..
Sep 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
Just crash it
You lucky lucky guy! I wish I could oogle the models at ETOC up close! Two years ago one of them went flying down the hall I was in across the way and it turned literally right in front of me and around a pillar. I could have reached out and smacked it, but I took a picture instead.
The AeroMusicals are really cool too! I wish we did a lot of F3P and AeroMusical stuff here in the US... The only big thing is the ETOC and a hundred people, if that, even show up to watch. It's only once a year.

Chris G.
Sep 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvehicleGuy
You lucky lucky guy! I wish I could oogle the models at ETOC up close! Two years ago one of them went flying down the hall I was in across the way and it turned literally right in front of me and around a pillar. I could have reached out and smacked it, but I took a picture instead.
The AeroMusicals are really cool too! I wish we did a lot of F3P and AeroMusical stuff here in the US... The only big thing is the ETOC and a hundred people, if that, even show up to watch. It's only once a year.

Chris G.
What i'd do to be in the US
Sep 18, 2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies
What i'd do to be in the US
Think you might be surprised by what we have to offer ourselves

And to Witness Derk Van Der Vecht fly his 6 minute aeromusical routine for the first time is "Inspiring to say the least"

We have Young Connor Stephenson leading the way for home grown talent too. Connors been flying for about 4 years now and holds his head really high against some of Europe's top pilots

Website is being revamped again for the Febrary comp but watch this space

www.f3p-uk.org.uk
Sep 18, 2012, 04:00 PM
Just crash it
Trust me, if anybody can do foamies it is them Germans. Ever see how much an AXi motor is?

We have no F3P or AeroMusicals here. Only the ETOC.... We do get some of the best at the ETOC sometimes though. Donatas was there a few years. WE had some guy from Germany there last year. Gernot, RJ, and Devin are usuals there.
Though I wish we had lots of F3P/AeroMusical events here. For us it is more of a hobby and less of a sport, a shame.

Chris G.
Sep 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
ME at Cal Poly
+1

Free
Sep 19, 2012, 12:51 AM
Chris the Axi is from czechoslovakia and at under €50 is a budget motor LOL
The Glavak is a dedicated F3P motor hand made specially for the job at €80 and Glavaks new Contra motor is believed to be more like €250 when its released

At the EIM we have also see international pilots including Donatas, Derk, in fact a six or seven strong group from Holland, we have also seen pilots from France, Poland, Canada, Sweden.

The very best pilots who fly the FAI F3P schedules that include Donatas and Gernot Bruckmann (ETOC winner from Austria) all regularly compete across Europe. The biggest filed of these pilots is found on the German F3P competition scene
Sep 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
Just crash it
AXi is the most expensive here in the US and a lot of foamie guys use them because those 2204's are not as amp hungry as Hacker stuff. A 2204 would cost 80 dollars to a Hacker a10-9l's 35-40. Of course the Hacker does make a bit more juice, but it is also a bit heavier and a LOT more amp hungry. My friend flies his AXi powered machine around for twice as long as I can on my 9l.
Seeing the prices on those other motors is kinda crazy though! I would not put that in foamie, what's wrong with people?
My bad on AXi being from Czech.

Chris G.
Sep 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
Just crash it
Err, make that 2203, look at me making myself look dumb.
Sep 19, 2012, 01:46 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
Thread OP
I Crashed it Being Silly and Tore off the Gear and Broke the Prop apart form that its fine,,,
Sep 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvehicleGuy
Seeing the prices on those other motors is kinda crazy though! I would not put that in foamie, what's wrong with people?
My bad on AXi being from Czech.

Chris G.
We use them because they are the best thing you can put on an F3P model.

This is after all an F3P forum and whilst they may be made from foam competition F3P models can be extremely complex, hundreds of hours in design and development, hundreds of hours learning to fly the schedules properly all justify the cost and getting the very best from your setup.

You pay your money and take your choice. For European pilots the biggest problem with the Hacker is the noise, not the cost or availability
Sep 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap
We use them because they are the best thing you can put on an F3P model.

This is after all an F3P forum and whilst they may be made from foam competition F3P models can be extremely complex, hundreds of hours in design and development, hundreds of hours learning to fly the schedules properly all justify the cost and getting the very best from your setup.

You pay your money and take your choice. For European pilots the biggest problem with the Hacker is the noise, not the cost or availability
Quality might cost a little more but it also lasts. Compared to the cost of actually flying it isn't much. An indoor flying session costs me as much as £10 a time plus maybe £5-£10 in petrol. Do that a few times a month and same price as the Axi :-) a competition weekend will cost me more than a Glavak. Might as well have good reliable gear for the job.

My competition model cost me more than my outdoor practice model :-)

Dave

Quick Reply