Jun 16, 2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the Fish
I am not knocking the YS either. It appears to be a good controller. I just don't have the stuff needed to really make it work right now. I have the WKM and Data Link for my S800. Before I just had click and go single way point. Now I have 5 waypoints. With the S800 on 6S and a 18-20 min flying time, it actually might be useful. I think that competition is a good thing and improves the sport. May the best company win. Win my money.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2012, 12:11 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
I am not knocking the YS either. It appears to be a good controller. I just don't have the stuff needed to really make it work right now. I have the WKM and Data Link for my S800. Before I just had click and go single way point. Now I have 5 waypoints. With the S800 on 6S and a 18-20 min flying time, it actually might be useful. I think that competition is a good thing and improves the sport. May the best company win. Win my money.
Yes, competition is good, and hopefully drop the price of the top YS kit.
Jun 16, 2012, 03:06 AM
V did you ever ask them for the carefree function?
Jun 16, 2012, 08:49 AM

How much does it really cost

I've been looking at the YS and I'm a bit confused on the pricing. At GotHeli's site it is $1049.00. Does this not include everything to be able to use all the GPS and waypoint features?
Rich
Jun 16, 2012, 09:24 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I got my new frame all built up. I ahve the radio setup, but now I would like to calibrate the compass. I heard there was a video here shoing how to set up the compass. I have searched this thread and can't find it. anyone have a link to the video, and will any pointers onhow to setup the compass.

Oh and yes I have not messed with the wifi again yet. LOL. that I will do once I have this thing flying.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:06 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
looks like nothing can be easy. I tried to calibrate the compass. and when I click on horizontal it just says horizontal mode, does not say success.. and gives me a solid blue light. any Ideas. would love to have this thing flying this morning.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:08 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
I don't have a video but in a nutshell here's the steps:

1. First make sure the YS and your Tx is powered up and GCS is on and communicating.
  2. Next, make sure you are in position 1 (Manual) on switch 1.
  3. Click "Init Setup" on the settings tab.
  4. Go to the Data tab and confirm it shows "settings state"
  5. Now go back to the settings tab and click "magnetic compass"
  6. Here's where things get fun. You want to first click on "Horizontal alignment." Now it is in horizontal alignment mode. You will simply rotate the craft 2-3 times while trying to keep it as level as possible. The blue light coming on or flickering means you are keeping it level. If the light goes off it means you are off axis a bit. Do that for a few laps until you've had the presence of the light for at least one full revolution.
  7. Now it's time to go back to the "Magnetic compass" button and press "vertical alignment" instead. Same rules apply but make sure the front of the craft is facing the ground. Get a couple good laps in while trying to keep it perfectly vertical and keep the light on or blinking.
  8. When you're done with the vertical, click "Magnetic Compass" once again and click "Save alignment." It should show the Cross on the screen and after processing for a minute it should show you the red and blue circles superimposed over each other. As long as they are nice and round and rather symmetrical, you are good.
  9. Click "Quit Setup" and fly.

It's important to note that you won't get any feedback on any of this in the GCS until you have done both horizontal and vertical and then saved it. I spent a long time stuck on horizontal till I realized it wasn't going to do anything and I needed to continue to vertical then save it on my own.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:19 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
like I said things don't want to work. I tried all that. I am not getting the blinking light it is either solid or off. also I am not getting the success before I do the calibration. the copter is talking to the computer I can change parameters. I can see what pos the switch is in etc. but it will not calibrate?
Jun 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
still trying but I am not getting the ciecles or success when I click the horiz or vert setup
Jun 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
No, you do not go into Init Setup to calibrate compass.

1. Power up the craft and make sure it's on a level surface. Attitude angle 0,0

2. Make sure data is connected, using phone or computer go and click on magnetic compass, select Horizontal Align. You will get a solid blue light, carefully lift up the aircraft, while maintaining the solid blue light (it's ok if blue light blink, but try to avoid that). Spin in circle 2-3 times. Set the craft down.

3. Click on magnetic compass again, this time choose Vertical. There won't be any blue solid light until you pick up the aircraft, point the nose down, roll it left and right to find the 90degree vertical point. Once it's at the correct angle blue light will come on. Once again, spin 2-3 circle. Set the aircraft down.

4. Click on Magnetic compass again, chose Save Alignment. Once you do this it will automaticly take you go the Control tab and start to save calibrate and the circle will come up.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Ahh ok. Don't know why I was always putting it in settings mode first but it worked for me either way.

The one thing I keep seeing Tc3 looking for is confirmation or success after doing it but you won't see any confirmation. Just proceed with the steps the way V or I outlined them and at the end you'll get the confirmation.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I did all that it is not taking me to any other screen. etc. and on vertical alignment I get a white light not blue.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:39 AM
Did you do it inside or outside? Need to be outside and stay away from too many electronic device.
Jun 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
ok did it inside. but what about the white light for vertical? should it be blue?
Jun 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
I believe the white light mean there's an error somewhere. Make sure you TILT the aircraft NOSE down then roll it left and right to find the blue light.

Quick Reply