Jul 26, 2012, 05:48 AM
Danny has recreated his Swedish RC club field in detail, Kungälv MFK, Gøteborg, with club house, garden shed, high grass, and three curious club members (plus one) watching you perform your tricks. It's possible to create good works without spending six months on each project. Danny knocked together all the loose pieces and important details here in a couple of hours one late evening.

There's an IKEA handyman inside every sane Swede. Nice'n'easy does it. Good guy!

Danny - Henseleit TDR - Kungälv 120704 (3 min 34 sec)

Kungälv MFK: http://dannesholk.se/page/rc/sites/p...te_kungalv.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 27, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
Kanayama Lake has received a makeover since we last visited the place. Danny picked up the panorama shots from a third party source on the net and converted them to Phoenix with the Creator. Puzom looked over the scenery and suggested improvements to the ambient light settings and the starting positions of the various aircraft. The result is one of the most pleasant water sceneries in Phoenix. I always forget the nasty weather outside my window when I fly here. Very summerish spirit in this one. It's Zen & Japan, but looks like northern Europe.

Canoe Lake Kanayama (1 min 0 sec)

Kanayama Lake: http://dannesholk.se/page/rc/sites/p...e_kanayama.zip
Jul 27, 2012, 01:53 AM
Rhein Quay, Cologne, Germany, another of Seaky's brilliant sceneries. We have managed to rescue one of his masterpieces before it sinks into the sea (river). Hurry up and download it from this Italian address, it's an unstable one, sometimes it works, most times not. Italians cannot be trusted with anything whatsoever. Per favore, evacuate l'edificio! Rhein Quay's water is revealing. You can see the pebble stones below the water surface. Cologne (Køln) has never looked better.

Cologne Cathedral and Hohenzollern-Bridge - crossing river Rhine (2 min 23 sec)

RHEIN QUAY: http://modellismoticino.jimdo.com/si...oenix/scenari/ (#13 on the list)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 30, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Jul 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
A square grass field behind a wooden fence. It looks like a backyard or a local sports ground. I can't find "the head or the tail" of this one, it's difficult to make good screenshots of it too. Light is good in it and there's an annoying little tractor you hit all the time. It's designed for helicopters but I'd rather play football here than fly.

HK Helicenter: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/H-K_helicenter.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 28, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Jul 28, 2012, 06:22 AM
Another square field by Csaba, this one's much less closed in than the one above, high up on a Hungarian hill. Csaba loves autumn colors, many of his flying fields are in brown tones like this one. Rough landscapes with good views are somehow more pleasant to fly in than the one behind a wooden wall. The only drawback here is poor masking by some of the trees and shrubbery, it's very disturbing when you fly behind them.

Hármashatár-hegy (HHH) model airfield: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/HHH_M.zip
Jul 28, 2012, 06:41 AM
The Pink Panther Smoke Trail Test: Masking is too crude.

(HHH) model airfield, (details)
Jul 29, 2012, 04:02 AM
Csaba designed this lovely green hillside scenery, with some help from Puzom. You're on the top of a sleek slope, overlooking a farm and some farm fields. It's one of Csaba's few lush green summer sites. Very nice one too. Where are the bird-songs in it? I remember this one with fantastic bird-songs. The birds must have been German or Swiss, they sang that well. This one is also part of the unoffical flying sites addons menu on Phoenix's homepage. This is the high quality version of it.

Pipis: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Pipis_UJ.ZIP
Jul 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
It's still one of my favorite fields, Börgönd runway, with its amazing sensual concrete runway textures. There's one bumpy version available, which I got stuck in with the Cessna 182 Scale model, between the square tiles, and one smoother version, which is linked below. You can smell the humidity and feel the warmth in this fantastic little piece. It's got a nice clunky sound when you land as well.

Börgönd Runway: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Börgönd_runway.zip
Jul 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
Some details from the flying site linked above, the details are stunning. It's easier to vary hard structures, like asphalt and concrete textures, than grass surfaces. More solid runways should be designed. There's enough of grass fields.

(I'm still waiting for Harald B's Berlin Tempelhof runway scenery (#152), it looked fantastic in a video posted on You Tube).

It's just one small part of a much bigger field, a maintenance area for helicopters, hence the square boxes. I think they're landing straight into the environment in this video from You Tube:

Aerospatiale SE 3180 Alouette II HA-LFZ helicopter Takeoff- Flight-Landing / Börgönd 2011 (2 min 16 sec)

Börgönd runway, (detailed screenshots):
Last edited by Fatgadget; Aug 01, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Jul 29, 2012, 03:08 PM
Another semi rough little environment, Szentedre, an unkept weedy field at Pest county near the gate of the Danube bend, in front of Szentendre-island. Wherever that is, somewhere, hopefully? Most designers ignore the Use field weather option, you can set your own perfect/interesting wind directions and strengths. Here Csaba has added his own options and they worked very well with double deckers like the Pitts Special, a sweeping sidewind you can "surf" and slide on. We'll do something here with the weather set ups. Most people seem to ignore it. Adding interesting weather and setting the right winds is half the fun with Phoenix.

Szentedre: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Szentendre.zip
Jul 29, 2012, 04:31 PM
We'll do something with the weather, here's a little experiment. Sometimes you're real lucky with setting up the weather. There are ten dials to adjust, now and then you get it right with the desired effect. Here's a good combination. Unzip it and place it in the Documents/PhoenixRC/Weather Setups/... folder. All PXW files are placed here. Check Use my weather and choose the name of this file from the menu.

Flying site: Börgönd
Model: Tutor 40/ High Wing Trainer
Effect: You're getting a slow to medium strength unpleasant sidewind with short occasional bursts, knocking you slowly but persistently off center of the runway. The trick here is to point your nose sideways into the wind and adjust your speed accordingly .

Börgönd PXW-file:
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Jul 30, 2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget
A square grass field behind a wooden fence. It looks like a backyard or a local sports ground. I can't find "the head or the tail" of this one, it's difficult to make good screenshots of it too. Light is good in it and there's an annoying little tractor you hit all the time. It's designed for helicopters but I'd rather play football here than fly.

HK Helicenter: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/H-K_helicenter.zip
Many thanks for commenting my flying sites.
If you are so kind I would like to add some comments, about this and those which follows.
1. Helicenter This is a field behind Szigetszentmikós cemetery.
This was a dedicated heli flying site, the building You can see, is a truck service owned by a person who is well know heli pilot:
http://rchelicopter.hu/content/pilots/mjozsi.htm
At the table "sausage team" is a friendly group of heli pilots including Seaky.
As far as I know this field is closed because of the complains of people living around.
The little tractor was used to carry four identical Align T-Rex 700, he used one after other, continously refilled by his colleagues, to make possible the daily continous practicing.
2. As to HHH (three border hill) is inside Budapest, the airfield where I used to fly gliders. http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/H...BAs%C3%A1g.htm
Looking at You can judge how old I am.
HHH was my second "flying site". I will check if I can repair the masking.
3. As to Pipis: It is a sport airfield at a top of a hill near to Mátra the highest peak at Hungary (1024 m) (the home of wave gliding all Hungarian height records was set here.)
The birds are not singing because as Puzom said it is not available at the present version.
The city is Gyöngyös, one person said that he can identify his home there.
4. I was invited to Börgöng (heavy debates recently, because I declared that this was Soviet heli air base). When I was leaving I did see those former heli platforms and the service lane between them. I made the picture because visiting Nyíregyháza the home of recent FAI World Advanced Aerobatic Championship, just to have a concrete runway as at Moscow RC-Club, unfortunately I set the tripod too far from the runway and Nyíregyháza is too far to visit again.
At Börgönd I was standing at the "runway"
Last edited by lcsaba; Jul 30, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Jul 30, 2012, 06:47 AM
Csaba: It was interesting to see you fly in one of those old wooden gliders. So, you grew up living in the "the happiest barrack" within the Eastern bloc. Communist Hungary fared better than the other countries under Soviet rule. We share borders with Russia up north, but it's quite friendly. It's far from Moscow and big time politics, thankfully. They have left us in peace.

- I've found a small bug in the Börgönd scenery, a very strange one. When you fly out to the right and fly above the chimneys of the military barracks there's an invisible "enemy" 4-5 meters above it. You slam into it like a nasty brick wall. Maybe it's Samu who has returned because we joked about him? You can't trust them prehistoric siblings.

Asphalt/concrete textures: BEST OF...
Jul 30, 2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget
- I've found a small bug in the Börgönd scenery, a very strange one. When you fly out to the right and fly above the chimneys of the military barracks there's an invisible "enemy" 4-5 meters above it. You slam into it like a nasty brick wall. Maybe it's Samu who has returned because we joked about him? You can't trust them prehistoric siblings.

Asphalt/concrete textures: BEST OF...
It was not Samu it was me. Not too mysterious.
But there is a rhetorical question.
Have You ever made skyline using about 100 base points?
If yes You know, if not I am going to say that this is one of the horrible bad thing about Creator. It would be managable 100% better if the values of x, z coordinates were shown. Now if it is not properly positioned, and looking at "top" view you can find the point extremly near of far. If you push it the upper point's height is changing accordingly. Possibly this was the reson that one point of he skyline climbed up. Sorry I did not realise it.
The files has been replaced.
Anyway I am grateful of Your thorough checking.
Jul 30, 2012, 03:34 PM
We look forward to Harald B's Tempelhof - Berlin, runway scenery. It looks really special in the You Tube video he posted, linked below. Tempelhof is closed now, check the bottom video, the famous old airport is open for the general public, today it's a public park for the Berliners to enjoy, which explains the rather odd looking pedestrians flanking the runway ground in his video clip.

Tempelhof was enormously huge, the old terminal was originally constructed in 1927. In anticipation of increasing air traffic, the Nazi government began a massive reconstruction in the mid-1930s. And Hitler and his chief architect Albert Speer never cared much for miniature designs. Even the models they built are gigantic.

Fun fact: Tempelhof Airport's main building was once among the top 20 largest buildings on earth; in contrast, it formerly had the world's smallest duty-free shop. (Wikipedia).

Phoenix RC-Szenerie Berlin-Tempelhof-Startbahn (2 min 7 sec)

Flying Legend - Good Bye, Airport Tempelhof (7 min 27 sec)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 31, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply