Dec 08, 2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
The reason i asked is i got hold of a 12t pinion today & finally got to run my bike just in the yard where it is very tight & a couple of high speed runs up the road dodging traffic, but the gyro shut down before the motor but i did have a good run time so i am hoping the shut off on the gyro speedo is 3.2 as i know my speedo is set on 3.0 i am charging my battery now to see if it spools up again.

Love the power of the tenshock & i only have the punch & power set on medium can't wait to get it down the park tomorrow hopefully if the gyro still works.
Cool TJ, great fun even at low speed . Don't get it run over yet lol. 3.2 sounds about right I think so I'm sure you'll be having a ball tomorrow .. I don't like to let mine go lower than 6.4 volts.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 04:16 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Cool TJ, great fun even at low speed . Don't get it run over yet lol. 3.2 sounds about right I think so I'm sure you'll be having a ball tomorrow .. I don't like to let mine go lower than 6.4 volts.
I will change the setting in my speedo to 3.2 if it spools up again, another thing i noticed the rear axle got hot as well by the end of the pack is that normal?
Also mate how do you set your slipper?
Dec 08, 2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
I will change the setting in my speedo to 3.2 if it spools up again, another thing i noticed the rear axle got hot as well by the end of the pack is that normal?
Also mate how do you set your slipper?
The axle will get warm but shouldn't get hot hot. I set my slipper pretty tight so as to slip only if the wheel gets stuck like something in the chain not really as a traction controlling device. I just try and use my finger smoothly lol. I love being able to pull the front up even at 3/4 throttle . Let me know if it spools up ok.
Dec 08, 2012, 04:37 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Quote:
The axle will get warm but shouldn't get hot hot. I set my slipper pretty tight so as to slip only if the wheel gets stuck like something in the chain not really as a traction controlling device. I just try and use my finger smoothly lol. I love being able to pull the front up even at 3/4 throttle . Let me know if it spools up ok.
I set mine so it barely slips when i hold the gear & try & turn the wheel it pulls wheelies easy as, even half way through a speed run it starts lifting the front wheel & it still has more yet in the speedo settings, my speedo & motor barely got warm, it is going to be fun racing my mate now i will have to turn the throttle down to half so he can keep up with me .
Dec 08, 2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
I set mine so it barely slips when i hold the gear & try & turn the wheel it pulls wheelies easy as, even half way through a speed run it starts lifting the front wheel & it still has more yet in the speedo settings, my speedo & motor barely got warm, it is going to be fun racing my mate now i will have to turn the throttle down to half so he can keep up with me .
That's pretty much where I set mine so I can turn it but its really hard. Sounds like you've had a taste, hope tomorrow goes ok. You'll have to gear your mates up to at least 12 and then blast around the park ha ha . How did you go, is it spooling up ok?
Dec 08, 2012, 05:31 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Quote:
That's pretty much where I set mine so I can turn it but its really hard. Sounds like you've had a taste, hope tomorrow goes ok. You'll have to gear your mates up to at least 12 and then blast around the park ha ha . How did you go, is it spooling up ok?
Yes mate it is all good it must have been just the shut off settings were different it had me worried for a second, we are eventually going to put the 4800 in my mates bike to make it more even when he sees mine go he will definitely want it in.
Dec 08, 2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Yes mate it is all good it must have been just the shut off settings were different it had me worried for a second, we are eventually going to put the 4800 in my mates bike to make it more even when he sees mine go he will definitely want it in.
All good have fun tomorrow .
Dec 08, 2012, 06:56 AM
i think the LVC on the gyro esc is lower then the main esc as i was on the bench working on my bike and the gyro shut down and i went to charge and it said battery voltage to low to charge. i have my lvc set to 6.4 so the lvc on the gyro esc has to be lower then that if it even has one
Dec 08, 2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
I'll be curious to see if there is any speed difference between them when geared the same.
Dec 09, 2012, 09:53 PM
Member #1
Hmmm, i wonder what this could be?? And to give you a perspective on its size, thats a fully grown Great Dane behind it :P :P :P

Dec 09, 2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
i think the LVC on the gyro esc is lower then the main esc as i was on the bench working on my bike and the gyro shut down and i went to charge and it said battery voltage to low to charge. i have my lvc set to 6.4 so the lvc on the gyro esc has to be lower then that if it even has one
It's definitely lower Rellik. I don't even let mine go till the cutoff. As soon as I feel the power start to drop I stop. I've got it now where I'm stopping consistently around the 7 volt mark. Probably best for the batteries IMO.
Dec 09, 2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Hmmm, i wonder what this could be?? And to give you a perspective on its size, thats a fully grown Great Dane behind it :P :P :P

that didn't take too long. It mustn't have done the around the work trip eh . Maybe get a spare SM rear tyre as mine didn't last long. Chris said they made a change to the carcass making it slightly thicker so maybe try one from Atomik as all the RedStar stuff would be old stock.
Dec 10, 2012, 02:37 AM
Member #1
Is that the off-road tyre? If so there's a spare in there. I opened it up to make sure the chain tensioner, spare tyre and front brake setup were all there and they are! Can't wait to Xmas day to pull it all out!!!
Dec 10, 2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Is that the off-road tyre? If so there's a spare in there. I opened it up to make sure the chain tensioner, spare tyre and front brake setup were all there and they are! Can't wait to Xmas day to pull it all out!!!
No I mean maybe order another rear slick tyre for a spare if you plan on doing some laps as they aren't really thick and can wear out quicker than what you may think. This is obviously the reason Atomik increased the carcass thickness. I didn't find this out until the other day.
Dec 10, 2012, 06:53 AM
Member #1
Ahh ok. I'll see how I go with the first one before I commit more money just yet.

Quick Reply