Jun 24, 2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen
Sorry to hear that
did the motors all stop in the air? it's seems the FC reboot then detect that your throttle are not at the lowest level and it stopped all the motors.
Normally FPV devices are installed separated from FC and all other devices, the only thing is they are using same power from battery. that is, FPV devices are connected in parallel with FC, AHRS, RX etc.
to confirm the whole system(including FPV and other devices) is working always well, i think it's a good idea to fly out at least one battery not far from ground.
Yes all motors stopped mid-air.
I was using a separate battery for FPV and Video transmitter was on one of the arms...very far from FC etc. So that was not the case.
i had flown FPV 5.8Ghz many times before but in short intervals of 2 to 3 minutes at 2-3 meter height...

when FC can reboot...what are the causes??

can you please confirm if Xaircraft is also using Futaba 10C and 14 Ch 2.4 Ghz gear... ?? if yes did you experience this at your end.

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
I have laid the hexa out on some paper and using the standard arms, give or take a few mm, the distance between the props is about 18mm (.72inch). Is that enough? or should one extend the arms slightly?

Rob

i have the same gap on my hexa it is fine a little noisier but still flys great
Jun 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer
That's exactly what I did. I put a second fan under the second esc. So far no problems.

Nick
yes I would love to see pictures also of the set up so we can get an idea.
Jun 24, 2011, 02:29 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
I weight my y6 today with battery and props without camera and camera mount, its comes down to 2,4kg

I need some help on my y6 the front right botum motor prop is not tracking 100% , i have put brand new prop on and its exacly the same, what can i do to correct it. Only possible cuise i think it can be is that the motor shaft is bent.
As soon as i trottle up half pitch it track fine. Prop is tighten
Last edited by Andre6553; Jun 24, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Jun 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
Ok, so here are some pics. Sorry they aren't too helpful, but i'm not pulling it apart for fun ;-)

I'd be happy to answer specific questions.

I bought a second set of the hexaganal plastic stand offs, and drilled out the holes on the second fan so that it was a tight fit (1/4" if I recall). If you do this, be carefull. The fan material is really soft and the drill press loves to suck it up.

Fan, ESC,Fan, ESC, then FC, then AHR, then compass. So far so good. I have maybe 20 sets of bats through it in this configuration, maybe 30, but it's working great. I fly the gopro with no rolling shutter issues, and it is happy as a clam flying a t2i. I run 2 separate batts 2200 MAHs. I cut the red wires to the second esc. I have the timer on my radio set at 4 mins, and when I charge my batts I put in 1600 MAH.

Cheers,

Nick
Jun 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Nick, thanks loads for this, It's exactly what I needed to see! by the way, what landing gear / camera mount is that, looks mega sturdy, really nice!

Im wondering wether I should build a hex or go for the X8 like yours now!

Daniel
:O)
Jun 24, 2011, 04:36 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodh
Hi all!
I recently got a x450 with a camera mount (some minor mod to fit the legs).
I'm trying to make work some servo I have (htx900 analog and a corona 922 digital).
I have some trouble make them work correctly. The htx jitters (it make noise and get hot) and the corona starts to rapidly move randomly.

What kind of servo you use?

Thanks for the info.
HXT servos are nice and inexpensive...also cheap. They are very susceptable to noise...especially from 900mHz VTx. I'd recommend a better servo, Hitec's seem to work fine for me. Sometimes 'buy cheap' means 'buy twice, thrice, etc...'

edit: I'd also recommend metal gear servos. Standard nylon gears are likely going to strip out on you everytime the camera sees a load (bumping on the ground, etc).
Last edited by Vantasstic; Jun 24, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
Jun 24, 2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsalem
Yes can be a possibility...Jingchen..can you comment plaese
Quote:
A possible scenario: there was a momentary loss of power (loose connection), but you had not throttled down fully, so when the power came on again, it would not start the motors, because you had not powered down fully, as most wouldn't in this situation. I read somewhere on this thread that "if you have some throttle applied when you power up, the FC, as a safety feature, disables the throttle".

Rob
That's what I have said the FC rebooted, and all the motors stopped.
So when you add new devices to the system, it's recommend to fly it not high and not far at least use up one battery. do some fast up or down too make the current changed lot in momentary.
Jun 24, 2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsalem
Yes all motors stopped mid-air.
I was using a separate battery for FPV and Video transmitter was on one of the arms...very far from FC etc. So that was not the case.
i had flown FPV 5.8Ghz many times before but in short intervals of 2 to 3 minutes at 2-3 meter height...

when FC can reboot...what are the causes??

can you please confirm if Xaircraft is also using Futaba 10C and 14 Ch 2.4 Ghz gear... ?? if yes did you experience this at your end.

thanks
We are using FUTABA 10C and 2.4G 14CH Receiver(R6014FS), always good
the FC will reboot automatic caused by the power momentary loss. As you said, you used a separated battery for FPV. It's strange, but i am sure there's a power loss in the air.
There're four 4pin cable connecting ESC and FC, it's hard that all of them get loosened in a same time. but worthy to have a check.
Last edited by Jingchen; Jun 24, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553
I weight my y6 today with battery and props without camera and camera mount, its comes down to 2,4kg

I need some help on my y6 the front right botum motor prop is not tracking 100% , i have put brand new prop on and its exacly the same, what can i do to correct it. Only possible cuise i think it can be is that the motor shaft is bent.
As soon as i trottle up half pitch it track fine. Prop is tighten
Did you mean the prop are not leveled when it spins? or lower speed than others when throttle up?
Jun 25, 2011, 02:36 AM
Suspended Account
Is the 1.32 firmware being released today ?
Jun 25, 2011, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee
Is the 1.32 firmware being released today ?
Ho-ho-ho ! Where did you get this sensation info ???
Jun 25, 2011, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantean
Hi Nick, thanks loads for this, It's exactly what I needed to see! by the way, what landing gear / camera mount is that, looks mega sturdy, really nice!

Im wondering wether I should build a hex or go for the X8 like yours now!

Daniel
:O)
the hexa is cheaper i love how it flies but i want to build the x8 requires motor mount modifying which I do not think I can do.

thanks for the pictures Nick what setting did you have to change for the ahrs since it is higher.
Jun 25, 2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master
i have the same gap on my hexa it is fine a little noisier but still flys great
Hi Glen. Thanks....What motor layout settings did you use for the Hexa...as per the wiki? +style (by Jeff)

or X style (by RCVertt) https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4553

I see that Jeff used the following for driving the motors: A4 ESC used for motors 2,3,5&6 and X450 ESC for motors 1&4

By the way, these Hexa plates designed by Josh and made by Graham are great.

Any info will help

Rob
Jun 25, 2011, 04:13 AM
i used the one by jeff wiki and did not change the settings but i will double check.

Quick Reply