Dec 08, 2012, 03:10 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
thats just it i dont have a file ,i just cut some parts and gave them to Gary .i fixed the oil leak ...and 10 miles later the motor blew up $6,000 down the drain!!!
sucks to be you.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 03:47 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
I feel your pain. Those engine parts get so hot, and even hotter when things aren't completely right that they bend and twist like cooked spaghetti.

Do you know what let go yet??
Dec 09, 2012, 12:38 AM
Sorry air sally. Capt Lee
Dec 09, 2012, 01:39 AM
Classic jets rule
i have not looked into it .....just dont want to go there after a month of getting the parts and machine work done,and building the motor .so i spent the day making Garys F-20 wings and vert,...and built a race track for my Grandson to drive his R/C car on ...i almost took my Tractor to that subyoh well it's only money
Dec 13, 2012, 05:27 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Any updates on the E-retracts?

I'm definitely coming through SoCal in mid-February. The mission will be to hide my wifes Amex so i still have some space in my luggage to hopefully bring a F-20 (and maybe 2) home.
Dec 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
Classic jets rule
yikes i better get on the ball. just about done with garys then i start yours
Dec 15, 2012, 09:40 PM
Gary, Whats the exspected due date of my baby ? F-20 that is?
Dec 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Gary, Whats the exspected due date of my baby ? F-20 that is?
After mine, There are 6 that need to be shipped. (stopped accepting pre orders after that)
After those, there are about 4-5 ahead of you on the (not paid) wait list.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Dec 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz
Any updates on the E-retracts?

I'm definitely coming through SoCal in mid-February. The mission will be to hide my wifes Amex so i still have some space in my luggage to hopefully bring a F-20 (and maybe 2) home.
Sorry J, I missed this one.

Here's what I posted earlier in the SAPAC Viper thread.....

I don't have a timeline yet. So I'm not accepting pre orders.
The Retracts are supposed to be "in testing" at this point. I have photos of the retracts, but I'm not authorized to share them at this point.
I sent and inquiry email regarding the ARF airframe kits, retracts and brakes after my last post. I'll buy some ARF kits in small qtys if possible.
Dec 15, 2012, 11:41 PM
Classic jets rule
man wish i had a set to test ...but i guess im going to be very busy doing F-20 lay ups ....with my day job getting in the way it is going to take about a week just to make all the parts ,maybe it will go faster once i've done a few.having lazer cut parts will speed up wing assembly ,i have a hot box too to cure the vacuum bagged parts faster as my shop is not heated and the vacuum set up need my air compressor to run,im going to get the assembly line rolling during my holidays between Christmas and new years.
Dec 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
man wish i had a set to test ...but i guess im going to be very busy doing F-20 lay ups ....with my day job getting in the way it is going to take about a week just to make all the parts ,maybe it will go faster once i've done a few.having lazer cut parts will speed up wing assembly ,i have a hot box too to cure the vacuum bagged parts faster as my shop is not heated and the vacuum set up need my air compressor to run,im going to get the assembly line rolling during my holidays between Christmas and new years.
I sent you some propietary info regarding the electric retracts. You should be happy with the dimensions. They are not for public release.
The depth is 2.5 mm more than the original pneumatics. This may be a problem.
I don't have any in my hand yet, so i'm not sure if want to consider making more room (if it's even possible) or not. It's out of my hands.
We (you) designed the wing for the original pneumatics.
Dec 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
Yes we want a 200 mph jet.... no weak wings???
Dec 22, 2012, 10:01 PM
Classic jets rule
the wing are not weak there a composite sanwhich of 2 outer layers ,a core material ,then another layer of fiberglass,there is also some C/F cloth added in the landing gear area ,and kevlar hinges. the spar is .254" c/f ,so far the wings have been super strong. planing on flying it at the basin fri or sat before the new year.hope to have garys done by then so i can start on the production run
Dec 23, 2012, 03:01 PM
JUst trying to keep it on the front page.... not 3 pages back..

Quick Reply