Jan 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
In the air! Not the dirt!

Clearview model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stregax
Does anyone here have experience with the Clearview rc-simulator ? Which plane would be most like the DHC-2 Beaver and/or be a good one for practise ?

( I bought the E Sky Tx-simulator but the FMS program that is included did not work with Windows 7 so I tried out and bought the Clearview that works well and seems realistic)

The AT-6 feels quite handy to fly and it has a good visible colour scheme

/ Hans
I use Clearview also. Here is one that seems pretty good. You may have this model already but I will attach anyway. If not, let me know what you think.
Just right click on the Zip icon and choose "save target as" then you can download the zipped file to your hard drive.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{}
I believe it's 1:9.6
The model has a 59.5" wingspan and the full scale plane has a 48' wingspan
many thanks
Jan 30, 2013, 05:35 PM
That's a funny word
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleBrad
I had to use full elevator-up trim to fly level with the floats... actually I ran out of trim and had to adjust the linkage for more...Anyone else have this problem?
I went from wheels to floats and don;t recall having to do any trim to the elevator.

Now I DO have lots of trouble with my ailerons and rudder. I'm the one who thought I had a warped wing because of the aileron trim required. I thought I would try to warp the wings back without using heat , and was able to remove 50 clicks of aileron trim (in the right direction)

My beaver still flies terribly and has to be my worst flying plane. I pulled a real boner with it too when flying down-wind and in poor visibility. I lost orientation big time during a left turn around. I don't even know what happened or how I recovered , but it sure scared me. I really thought it was going to fly away and I had such a hard time seeing it. I'm hoping it was just high winds and high turbulence that day because it flew so bad.

My next flight will be with my first radio mix ever of a very slight amount of rudder mixed in with aileron. I hope that will get rid of some of the bad habit. If not this plane is going on the bench for an expert to diag for me. What surprised me the most was how this plane disappears into a thin sliver during it's bad left turnarounds.

I need practise practise.
Jan 30, 2013, 07:20 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
gulio, sorry to hear your troubles. High wind and poor visibility would give most of us trouble. Before using mixes, you have to go out on a perfect calm day and get it all set up (trimmed). My surfaces are very close to centered by eye. I can fly mine in wind but I don't enjoy it. When its calm, it flies awesome. Get a perfect day before you try anything drastic.
Jan 30, 2013, 07:30 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
A bit of photoshop magic for my desktop picture , me beside my Beaver
Jan 30, 2013, 07:49 PM
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
Paul, I think your about due for a dose of good flying weather! However, you are pretty darn creative with photo shop! Looks good ~ Robin

Still waiting for news... If I don't find something healthier to eat, I'm going to be to fat to fly by the time the Beaver gets here!
Jan 30, 2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60
Paul, I think your about due for a dose of good flying weather! However, you are pretty darn creative with photo shop! Looks good ~ Robin

Still waiting for news... If I don't find something healthier to eat, I'm going to be to fat to fly by the time the Beaver gets here!
Yes I'm due for shure.
This evening I had just a small window to fly and took out my Heli on floats in the soft snow.
BEcause of the very mild temp today the snow was way too soft for the Beaver on skis .
I'm itching to fly the Beaver again
Jan 30, 2013, 08:32 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Thanks everyone for the tips, and no offense taken..

Paul, I love the picture!!

I'll look over the flying surfaces when I get a chance and see if anything looks off, and also check the engine mount/thrust line.
Jan 30, 2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleBrad
Thanks everyone for the tips, and no offense taken..

Paul, I love the picture!!

I'll look over the flying surfaces when I get a chance and see if anything looks off, and also check the engine mount/thrust line.
Thanks, just having fun
Yes the motor mount trust line could also do it.
I do have a strange feeling that the ailerons are up slightly giving the wing a spoiler effect.
Jan 30, 2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Neat pic.

Jim
Jan 30, 2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan
Neat pic.

Jim
If only it was the real deal
Jan 30, 2013, 10:09 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Quote:
Thanks, just having fun
Yes the motor mount trust line could also do it.
I do have a strange feeling that the ailerons are up slightly giving the wing a spoiler effect.
I just checked the ailerons and they are even with the wingtips. Not too concerned at this point, next time I fly it I'll see how it does.
Jan 31, 2013, 12:34 AM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60
Hi all, I playing catch up - this thread moves fast at times!

I copied the Edo logo from the manual if anyone wants to clean it up and use it!

Best regards all ~ Robin
Hi Robin:

I thought the "another version" of the EDO logo looked more original than some I've seen .. one for example has the fairly modern winged fish with a Kenmore Air Beaver super-imposed on it .. obviously, that one isn't very original. The one you scanned was black and white from a manual of some sort. I have no idea what the colors may have been at that time, IF there were any, but most of the ones I've seen were blue. I did my best at re-creating that logo, and it's mosty blue. I can re-do the colors to anyones choice pretty easily now that the artwork is done . Thought the red, white and blue were appropriate, as the floats were made here in New York, USA.

Russ
Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 AM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
Quote:
Paul:

GREAT PhotoShop creation ..!

You could fool anyone with that one !!

Russ

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jan 31, 2013, 01:33 AM
MaineFlyer
Quote:
Paul, a GREAT photo! You are the master!!

Joe

Quick Reply