Oct 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
Regarding the Tx, it would be better to transmit using two antennas at right angle. The antenna on the Rx that has the best signal may still be far from parallel with the active Tx antenna, if the other Rx antenna is pointing at/away from the Tx or is shadowed by engine etc.

Fred
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2012, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Just having any amount of spacial diversity helps - but keep in mind that our models are always moving, so we always have spacial diversity just from that. Diversity helps more with stationary objects than moving objects.
Oct 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade thrasher
Are there any more pictures of the Tx that I missed in the last 2 years of threads?
XPS = vaporware

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=579
Oct 26, 2012, 07:12 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
The alternative I have found is to find a radio that fills my needs, A9 at least for now, and buy the new one should it ever hit the street. What I want is the nano Rx's. The Tx as I see it is just a different operating system. Get the OS you like best and cool it til the Tx shows up. But.... keep the dialog coming because I need a laugh from time to time. You guys came come with some really funny stuff.
Oct 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX
Funny thing is that is the same thing said about the XtremeLink radio system too. After producing the world's first full range 2.4GHz module system for R/C, everyone was a believer.

It just takes time to produce a reliable product. We could have released the transmitter already, with a bunch of little issues that resulted in loss of aircraft and/or human life, but that is not how do things.
Oct 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Funny thing is that is the same thing said about the XtremeLink radio system too. After producing the world's first full range 2.4GHz module system for R/C, everyone was a believer.

It just takes time to produce a reliable product. We could have released the transmitter already, with a bunch of little issues that resulted in loss of aircraft and/or human life, but that is not how do things.
would be terrible to loose a model plane, as to the other there are over 6 billion of them and counting, so...
Oct 29, 2012, 06:43 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Yeah, I have to agree with the masses. Ive lost countless planes on my Futabas and DX's, just so happens Im at a turning point where I have to make a big investment and change everything over because Im tired of charging and hauling two Tx's to the field.

Money goes too................. looks like DX18, its actually available.

Too bad I will have to hold off on some other projects to afford one. Just cant wait on hoop dreams. I'm not getting any younger.
Oct 30, 2012, 10:39 AM

Switch to XPS

Hi all,

Im like everyone else here. Waiting for the new transmitter or just the new receivers to be released. I fly a JR 9303 with the XPS module in it. I have been flying this set up for about 5 years. The module and 8 channel receiver are an older version, 2.?. I keep saying that I will send all my XPS in for the upgrade but haven't gotten around to it. Several other flyers, at my field, are flying XPS in Futaba, jAirtronics, and JR radios. We have never had any plane losses due to loss of control since XPS started showing up at the field. We all run 5 cell battery packs and use better quality after market switch harnesses. Was hoping for the new receivers to be released soon.

Dave B.
Nov 01, 2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I have to agree with the masses. Ive lost countless planes on my Futabas and DX's, just so happens Im at a turning point where I have to make a big investment and change everything over because Im tired of charging and hauling two Tx's to the field.

Too bad I will have to hold off on some other projects to afford one. Just cant wait on hoop dreams. I'm not getting any younger.
Did you actually read what you posted ???

You have lost countless planes with DX's and yet you are going to buy a DX18, all because you don't want to charge and carry 2 x TX's to the field

Buy 2 x LIFE packs for your TX's - it's better to carry an extra TX to the field, than your pride and joy home in a paper bag

YES, I am looking forward to the new TX, and YES I am frustrated by the delays, but I clearly love my toys more than you do as I certainly would not risk them using equipment that has failed you previously.

Remember, add the cost of the crashes to the cost of the DX18
Nov 04, 2012, 09:13 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Quote:

I thought charging batteries was life as we know it in modeling.
Nov 04, 2012, 09:31 AM
OpenTX University Staff
Just out of curiosity Jim, how do you plan to make the announcement of the new radio, once you are ready?
Nov 04, 2012, 03:33 PM
Garland
I think he intends to announce it to a empty room by that time
Nov 05, 2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia
I think he intends to announce it to a empty room by that time
Me and my buddy Ulf will be in the room waiting....
Nov 05, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro
Just out of curiosity Jim, how do you plan to make the announcement of the new radio, once you are ready?
It will be made on our website, and there will be reviews in all of the R/C magazines.

There are always new modelers coming into the hobby, so there will always be a revolving door for that room.
Nov 05, 2012, 01:52 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestark
Did you actually read what you posted ???

You have lost countless planes with DX's and yet you are going to buy a DX18, all because you don't want to charge and carry 2 x TX's to the field

Buy 2 x LIFE packs for your TX's - it's better to carry an extra TX to the field, than your pride and joy home in a paper bag

YES, I am looking forward to the new TX, and YES I am frustrated by the delays, but I clearly love my toys more than you do as I certainly would not risk them using equipment that has failed you previously.

Remember, add the cost of the crashes to the cost of the DX18

I actually meant loosing the planes was no fault of my transmitters just my lack of skill and or eye sight. Ill admit I have been known to get disoriented and end up making poor snap decisions.

Quick Reply