Jan 25, 2013, 02:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

NoFlyZone

I come to RcGroups to learn. Some members really stand out as being helpful.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 02:14 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Errrm, what?

NoFlyZone (Chuck) was one of the worst trolls this site has ever seen. He was permanently banned awhile back for some very good reasons. He might have seemed like a smart, helpful old soul, but the guy barely had his toes in the RC hobby and often had no clue what he was talking (preaching?) about.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Jan 25, 2013, 02:33 AM
Thread OP
when do you say haha April fools?
Jan 25, 2013, 03:01 AM
His account suspension should speak for itself. You don't get banned for being nice.
Jan 25, 2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop
when do you say haha April fools?
At the beginning of April ?
Jan 25, 2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
His account suspension should speak for itself. You don't get banned for being nice.
I'm with Wopachop on this one. You're way off base. NFZ was a good soul, and an asset to this community.
Jan 25, 2013, 10:59 AM
Retardedly intelligent
Dude was a massive troll (atleast to the AMA) He absolutely despised anyone who'd try to back the AMA up. He did occasionally post useful info about 80% of the time, other times he'd give out iffy advice. He also loved playing word games when confronted and causing quite a stir with the moderators/complaint section of RCG.

have a look at his last posts for your self...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sear...38434351&pp=25
Jan 25, 2013, 02:04 PM
F&T, your link don't work.

Rafe, talk to Frank (Murocflyer) about how much of a "good soul" he was. People who only ever saw the kindly-old-modeler side would get that impression, sure, but only because they never accidentally stepped on his toes or said something he didn't like. He might have contributed positively to the community in some (small) ways, but his constant under-the-table harassment of other longstanding members, his tendency to act like he knew everything when he really, REALLY didn't, and his capacity ruin threads arguing points to the death rather than admitting he was wrong far outweighed any positive aspects of his presence here.

RCG has been a much better place for a number of us after his ban, and he didn't offer any particular expertise that couldn't be had in greater amounts and better understanding from a number of others (Frank, Jaz, Mark, Steve, Ray, Larry, Phil, Don et al).
Jan 25, 2013, 02:10 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Odd, it was working an 2 hours ago, anyway I just clicked on his name and searched recent posts.
Jan 25, 2013, 02:36 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape
Odd, it was working an 2 hours ago, anyway I just clicked on his name and searched recent posts.
Searches expire fairly quickly......
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Jan 25, 2013, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Well shoot. Coming from a new guys point of view i really learned a lot from him. He would reply to personal messages when i ask extremely simple questions that seemed confusing at the time.
Last night was doing a search. While reading the thread i saw his name and thought OH YEAH...where has that guy been? Then saw the suspended status. Its none of my business but my first reaction was this sucks RcG must be overreacting. I will continue to think of him as a good dude. But i never read and experienced any of the bad.
Jan 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
F&T, your link don't work.

Rafe, talk to Frank (Murocflyer) about how much of a "good soul" he was.
So NFZ didn't care for Frank, yes I could see that. Frank pisses me off sometimes too. I dunno why NFZ was kicked off the board, but I miss the guy. I learned a lot from him, and from Flying Beagle, who was his friend as well, and also saddened by his departure.

As to NFZ spouting off about things he didn't know -- well again, I never noticed that. Matter of fact there were occasions when I'd pose a question and he'd respond with, "I just don't know."

But it's seriously rude and nasty to speak ill of someone who's been kicked off a public forum. They've got no chance to defend themselves. Just let it be.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:26 PM
Foam flogger
I'd take NFZ over Muro any day of the week.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
I dunno why NFZ was kicked off the board
I do, and that's the critical difference here. What's done is done, though. The how and the why of it don't need to be dredged up again. I apologize for pushing this thread in this direction and I'll step away now out of courtesy, but I firmly stand by my earlier statements.

Have a good day, guys.
Jan 26, 2013, 02:31 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
I've been on RCG for a long time now, maybe not as long as some, but i have seen many folks come and go. Sometimes folks quit RCG on their own, sometimes they go out like a blue light bulb and sometimes that are forced to quit. The mods do the best they can for keeping the peace, although there are some that have been banned that I thought should not have been. But that's not my say so I'll leave it at that.

I think what did NFZ in is when he lied about being a life member of the AMA. Not sure why anyone would lie about a thing like that, but things seemed to go downhill from there with the mods for him at that point. I suspect no one likes to be lied to so the owner and the mods must have took notice. I don't think it was more that 30 days after that he said that than he was banned from RCG. I'm sure that was just many things that added up to him being banned. I do recall that he was banned for being a troll and there was also a lengthy thread about it at the time.

Edit to add: Here is that thread. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=noflyzon and another one that came in that search: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=noflyzon

I guess the morale of this story is, one should be honest with each other here on this forum (or any other forum for that matter) and try to treat everyone with respect. I know that is hard to do, but the golden rule should be practiced as much as possible for everyone's sake.

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Jan 26, 2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Added links

Quick Reply