May 12, 2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik
110% agree...

I have never had a more understanding and pleasant time than dealing with ADC.
I've also been very satisfied with the service Rob has provided me with the three 3DHS planes I have bought from him. When I reported that one of the aileron control rods on my 71" Slick had a messed up thread (it would strip any ball link I tried to thread on it), Rob sent out another right away.

Unfortunately I can't say that the support I have had from 3DHS itself have been very good. I was all set to buy a 89" Slick, but I had a few questions as it would have been my first 50cc sized electric. No response to my email, and it wasn't the first time my questions were ignored. I still bought a Slick, the 71", but I ordered from Rob. The plane, of course, is great.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2011, 07:17 PM
No one has more fun than me
3DHS customer service is the best. Something was wrong there maybe with the technology. AMEX is the only other company, along with EF, that have been in the same customer service league with Ben.
May 12, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm
I've also been very satisfied with the service Rob has provided me with the three 3DHS planes I have bought from him. When I reported that one of the aileron control rods on my 71" Slick had a messed up thread (it would strip any ball link I tried to thread on it), Rob sent out another right away.

Unfortunately I can't say that the support I have had from 3DHS itself have been very good. I was all set to buy a 89" Slick, but I had a few questions as it would have been my first 50cc sized electric. No response to my email, and it wasn't the first time my questions were ignored. I still bought a Slick, the 71", but I ordered from Rob. The plane, of course, is great.
you can imagine how many emails 3DHS must get per day, saying that though I always find the best place to ask questions about a model is a forum like this one, granted the hobby shop guys designed the plane but with the amount of communication going back and forth it must be a nightmare to keep track, I get 200-300 mails a day so can understand if they might have missed you mail.

I'm sure it wasn't on purpose
May 12, 2011, 07:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
I had issues with my email provider blocking my email from 3dhs and a few other people. Once I got that taken care of he has answered all mine. Heck he even answeres my call

The weirdest thing is that Ben and Rob (at ADC) know me and have talked with me alot and they STILL answer the phone when I call. Crazy I cant even get my wife to do that
May 12, 2011, 07:40 PM
doh!
That's part of the problem with email - no guarantee of service. No confirmation of delivery on either end. I've done a bit of corporate mail server administration over the years, and you would be surprised how often emails fail to get delivered for various reasons.
Last edited by ryan_m; May 12, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
May 12, 2011, 07:46 PM
OOPS
LOL@Losi.
Are they here yet?
May 12, 2011, 10:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm

...there's a couple of CRMs in the system, both were replied to. The 89" Slick message Ben replied to in under 10 minutes total elapsed time and in which he answered six questions in his response. Maybe the replies got caught up somewhere in your inbox, there would have been CC's of the CRM messages emailed to the address supplied. We've since gone back to basic emails rather than CRMs just due to easier volume management, but it's hard to question the effort and devotion put into quality customer service, IMHO.
May 12, 2011, 10:37 PM
^^^ Agree a 100%. I've had great support from Ben and his team.
May 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
I've had a few emails go missing, but that's the nature of emails and a rapidly expanding business. A PM or phone call is the way to go if you need something ASAP. Either way the service from 3DHS (and ADC) is always top notch.
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
May 12, 2011, 10:44 PM
In my 23 years of flying, I have never waited on a plane before. I went thru about 20 planes and this is the first one that I'm going to wait on. There is nothing on the market that can come close. It is the right size, weight and stability/reactivity that this plane has. Smaller planes are twitch factor, bigger planes fly like thru molasses. I have 50cc gas yak and a 5lb .40 size elec. stick on 6s/11x5.5 apc prop. That stick is gone in three seconds on full power. So this slick plane will fit right in between those two planes and be my throw in the back of car and go fly the heck out of plane. It will take place of my yak for aerobatics and that is saying a lot.
May 12, 2011, 11:28 PM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
We answer every answerable email that comes to our info@3dhobbyshop.com address.

Some people try to use the sales@ address, but that is a noreply address only for outgoing notices.

I have to do this every few months when someone posts (never pm's to find out why, just posts) "they never answered my email" and sure enough, we find it in the system and figure out that either the recipient's email system declined it, or it went to their spam filter which they do not check, or they simply overlooked it. w/e

I'm on here every day, and I'm not hard to find. Our phone stays busy a lot of the time, that's one reason I'm on here as often as I am. As available as I make myself, after 6 years and 21,000 posts, I think I'm easy enough to find. If you disagree, fine, w/e.

--------

59's will begin shipping out tomorrow. Build videos are posted earlier in this thread and on the 59" product page. The .pdf file of the build manual will be posted over the weekend for the people who are near Texas who will begin receiving planes early in the week. The build is very straighforward and if you've assembled a 3DHS plane before you can pretty much do it with your eyes closed. The only thing which is different is the canopy hatch. This plane has an extra-long canopy hatch design to allow you to run a lighter lipo pack farther forward. It's like our 71" Slick, and like that plane will take a bit more time and care to make sure the hatch is seated perfectly. That's about all there is to know.
May 12, 2011, 11:31 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
FREAKING awesome Ben. Cant wait!!!
May 12, 2011, 11:36 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
May 12, 2011, 11:40 PM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
Quote:
...there's a couple of CRMs in the system, both were replied to. The 89" Slick message Ben replied to in under 10 minutes total elapsed time and in which he answered six questions in his response. Maybe the replies got caught up somewhere in your inbox...
Must have been a solar flare.
May 12, 2011, 11:44 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Must have been a solar flare.
A solar flare messed up a gate trip on a rerun of Stargate SG1 yesterday

Quick Reply