Feb 26, 2013, 08:03 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
dennis and i decided this would be better with a 70mm fan, hand launch style, about 40" wingspan. this size lends itself better to this type of construction. should be a sweet flyer
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
Thread OP
I know what you mean. I've raised 2 girls and 2 boys. All the hard work, sweat, and tears really pays off in the long run when they grow up to be wonderful adults.

I can try and work the layout so a piece of fiberglass sheet could work.

I've tried printing on foam among other materials. Unfortunately, the color printers for computers are primarily using water base inks which run and don't adhere very well.

Peace, pops.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
yeah he does tend to make me proud .... i'll go and ck out when it gets there . this is a simple plane ,i bet we could just roll a pice of sheet fiberglass to make a duct.too bad they dont make flexable paper ,it would make your building easier.wonder if you could print on some kind of palstic
Feb 27, 2013, 12:28 AM
Classic jets rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
dennis and i decided this would be better with a 70mm fan, hand launch style, about 40" wingspan. this size lends itself better to this type of construction. should be a sweet flyer
thats about the size of that panther i started some 5 or 6 years ago
Feb 27, 2013, 02:34 AM
Thread OP
Sounds good.

D

Quote:
thats about the size of that panther i started some 5 or 6 years ago
Feb 27, 2013, 11:37 AM
Pro Hoarder

Paper

They do make flexable paper...I have some at home for printing out maps..it is so you cant tear the map up when keeping it folded in your back pack..it has a ruff surface to hold ink..I will have to get the name when I get home

Quote:
yeah he does tend to make me proud .... i'll go and ck out when it gets there . this is a simple plane ,i bet we could just roll a pice of sheet fiberglass to make a duct.too bad they dont make flexable paper ,it would make your building easier.wonder if you could print on some kind of palstic
Latest blog entry: In flight
Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, turbonut.

I think I know what it is. It is made out of a polyester weave. The Post Office used to carry it in large white envelopes.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
They do make flexable paper...I have some at home for printing out maps..it is so you cant tear the map up when keeping it folded in your back pack..it has a ruff surface to hold ink..I will have to get the name when I get home
Feb 27, 2013, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
I've taken the input from Brent and others and incorporated it into a slightly smaller air frame for the Fury. The wingspan is now 40" and the fuse is 36". I also show a 70mm Fan unit in the fuse with a 4S1P 2200 mah 4S 35C Lipo pack. The smaller fan unit only slightly impacts the intake duct. We can work around that.

I have to start going over the original paper airplane model design layout from Fiddlersgreen to correct flaws and to increase the scale appearance.

I'm inserting a picture of the new Fury.

Peace,
Dennis
Feb 28, 2013, 02:48 AM
Classic jets rule
you might want to make the batt a little bigger to get longer flight times ,sat 3000 to 3200..
Feb 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
not if we go with a light weight 500w power system. it wont take much power, its going to be a pretty light airframe. i want to be able to hand launch
Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
Claus at Area 52

a bit differen from my hand some month ago.

I am as well working on the T-2 C
Claus
Feb 28, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
clausxpf,

Glad to see you working on this. One question I have for you is: Can you generate conical layouts of the nose in a flat format so they can be cut out?I'm going to be tackling this to get a better form of the nose when I roll form it from flat layouts.

Peace,
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausxpf
I am as well working on the T-2 C
Claus
Feb 28, 2013, 10:02 PM
Classic jets rule
maybe you could just crave a nose ,pick a panel line and do the paer behind the nose.that way you keep that nice looking nose.
Mar 01, 2013, 05:47 AM
Claus at Area 52

pictures

you can see how I got the form.
Mar 01, 2013, 11:18 PM
Thread OP
I'll consider that. By the way are you working on anything right now, AIR SALLY?

Dennis

Quote:
maybe you could just crave a nose ,pick a panel line and do the paer behind the nose.that way you keep that nice looking nose.
Mar 01, 2013, 11:38 PM
Thread OP
Can you layout the elipses in a flat plane for cutting out like the attached picture of the nose of the FJ1?

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausxpf
you can see how I got the form.

Quick Reply