Jan 25, 2010, 11:53 PM
Stinger!
Try here Alex!!! http://h1072147.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...sp?prod=DUB118
Jan 26, 2010, 12:19 AM
Thread OP
once again thanks a bunch radialarm
Jan 26, 2010, 03:17 AM
Prop Buster Extraordinaire
ah, I see you were talking about different things. sorry. I do like those robarts hinge points though. Amazingly easy to use. No need to get your cuts parallel to the hinge line like regular hinges.
Jan 26, 2010, 09:45 AM
I didn't get to work on my model as much as I wanted to but I did notice the wing does not sit well on the fuse. There is about a 1/4 inch gap between the wing and the fuse on both side of the airplane. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

radialarm, where did you get the matching Silver paint? I sanded the rough edges along the leading edge and those weird bubbly circles.
Jan 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
Stinger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86
I didn't get to work on my model as much as I wanted to but I did notice the wing does not sit well on the fuse. There is about a 1/4 inch gap between the wing and the fuse on both side of the airplane. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

radialarm, where did you get the matching Silver paint? I sanded the rough edges along the leading edge and those weird bubbly circles.
My wing fits nice. Try to see what's holding it off the fuselage.
I picked up the silver craft paint at Walmart!!! FolkArt brand, #662 Metallic Silver Sterling 2oz. bottle! Don't use any of the lightweight spackle, because it doesn't cover with the same texture as the rest of the plane!
Jan 26, 2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radialarm
My wing fits nice. Try to see what's holding it off the fuselage.
I picked up the silver craft paint at Walmart!!! FolkArt brand, #662 Metallic Silver Sterling 2oz. bottle! Don't use any of the lightweight spackle, because it doesn't cover with the same texture as the rest of the plane!
Maybe the wing is bowed from tip to tip or maybe the wing locking brace is set too high, I'll check it when I get home.

Thanks for the spackling tip and the info on the paint.
Jan 27, 2010, 09:46 AM
Stinger!
Hey guys' I put a thread in the parkflyer forum about my SS, to make y'all envious!!! lol
Jan 27, 2010, 11:17 AM
I saw your other thread, are you still looking for landing gear? I got the Millennium RC Slow Stick X-Gear and the 2 1/2 inch sport wheels for mine. A big improvement especially if you have AP gear on it like I do.

http://www.millenniumrc.com/Slow%20Stick%20X.html
Jan 28, 2010, 12:17 AM
Stinger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86
I saw your other thread, are you still looking for landing gear? I got the Millennium RC Slow Stick X-Gear and the 2 1/2 inch sport wheels for mine. A big improvement especially if you have AP gear on it like I do.

http://www.millenniumrc.com/Slow%20Stick%20X.html
I saw those, they look pretty good!!! Maybe in a week or so!

Alex, has that dang plane shown up yet???
Jan 28, 2010, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
haha not yet i think tomorrow its in the same province so the post office just needs to drop it off
Jan 28, 2010, 12:59 PM
Stinger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoneski
haha not yet i think tomorrow its in the same province so the post office just needs to drop it off
I guess Canada and China have the slowest shipping in the world!!! Hobby King sent my order International airmail, but it must be on a hang glider as long as it's taking to get here!!!
Jan 28, 2010, 03:34 PM
Prop Buster Extraordinaire
The reason I tend to avoid HK is just that - it takes about 3 weeks to actually get your package. I still use them but if I need it before I get old, I use Headsup or hobbypartz.
Jan 28, 2010, 05:16 PM
Thread OP
i just got my motor combo servos, and battery from HK
Jan 28, 2010, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
this is what i got TowerPro BM2409-12T / 25A BEC/ 9x4, TG9e 9g / 1.5kg / 0.10sec, Turnigy 1500mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack

Quick Reply