Oct 02, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How's banana hobby?

Hey guys, I apologize if this is the wrong spot, mods please move if it needs to be.

Just curious what some of your experience is with them. I've heard some bad about them but I just bought a plane from them, all I've received was order confirmation, nothing else. I order a few days ago, and haven't heard anything about whether they have shipped yet. Yet I ordered a Tx from tower Sunday and its already at my house lol
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2012, 09:20 AM
Well, that' s the difference. With Banana Hobby you are getting low prices and pretty much bad to no customer service; same goes for NitroPlanes. Tower Hobbies is a division of Hobbico, the largest mail-order hobby supplier in the world; they are followed closely by Horizon Hobby. You need to give Banana Hobby at least 2 weeks before you start complaining though. They are known to be slow. For example, I ordered a battery from NitroPlanes (Hobbypartz.com) and it took two weeks to make it to my house. Supposedly these two companies, NP and BH are in the Los Angeles area. I live just north of San Diego, and it took two weeks to get a simple battery. What does that tell you?
Oct 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Thread OP
Wow, I've ordered batteries from Hobbypartz for my car an knew they took awhile. Didn't know nitro an them were related. Well I know I'm just being ansy, I was just curious if this is "normal"
Oct 02, 2012, 11:18 AM
Yes, same company. It is normal since a lot of times they have to wait to get the stuff from China. BH and NP always show a lot of stuff as being "Out of Stock" and they keep these things on their Web catalog. As a rule, I don't order from them very often and never order complete models.
Oct 02, 2012, 11:36 AM
characters welcome!
Check the Banana Hobby forum and come to your own conclusions: https://www.rcgroups.com/banana-hobby-560/

mw
Oct 02, 2012, 11:44 AM
AMA 994002
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69
Well, that' s the difference. With Banana Hobby you are getting low prices and pretty much bad to no customer service; same goes for NitroPlanes. Tower Hobbies is a division of Hobbico, the largest mail-order hobby supplier in the world; they are followed closely by Horizon Hobby. You need to give Banana Hobby at least 2 weeks before you start complaining though. They are known to be slow. For example, I ordered a battery from NitroPlanes (Hobbypartz.com) and it took two weeks to make it to my house. Supposedly these two companies, NP and BH are in the Los Angeles area. I live just north of San Diego, and it took two weeks to get a simple battery. What does that tell you?
I dunno, I sent a "get-well" card to a friend in Texas, got there in 2 days from Rhode Island where I live, but I send something to Providence, which is 45 miles away takes a week or MORE! Customer "Service" for both outfits is a joke, although I've not had any trouble with Banana Hobby yet. Jeez I got my batteries from Nitroplanes in a week...6 days actually to R.I. Also ordered parts for one of my Helicopters from Xheli, and they're to be delivered today...I ordered them on 09/28...
Oct 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
I have ordered 3 times from GrandRC and there in Sunnyvale, CA . 1 time it was at my door in 2 days, the other 2 time I had it in 3 days and I live in Florida. I guess it's who you order from
Oct 02, 2012, 03:09 PM
Well, a card is different from a package a plane comes in, and certainly there is a difference between the USPS and UPS. If you will notice, there is no provision to send planes and large items from BH or NP via USPS, except outside the continental US. That's what gets me, they charge $15.00 to ship a package from the LA area to my house in North San Diego County. I can ship a 3 pound package to the Chicago area for $15.00. That's one of the main reasons I don't order from those two sights.
Oct 02, 2012, 03:26 PM
I ordered from them once. I got an A 10 and when I got it the housing for the motors and escs had been glued in place at the factory. No wonder it was marked down $100. Their solution was for me to cut through the glue with a razor blade to separate the pieces. You can't cut through glue. It cost me $40 for shipping so I decided that instead of paying to have it shipped back I would keep it and make new nacelles for it (which I have never gotten around to doing). So far, it was just $200 pissed away.
Oct 02, 2012, 05:02 PM
Low prices are always tempting! But its all come down to "you get what you pay for". In my case, i bought several techone planes from Epphobby and their customer sevice was top notch. Bought a Yak54, plane arrived with defective wing. A replacement wing was on the way, a day after a quick email and a picture attached to show the problem.
Now that NP has the exclusive distribution right for Techone plane in the US, i will never buy from them. Yes, prices are much lower but at cost! Techone kits now comes with lower quality motor compared to when other US dealers used to carry them and its kind of "hit or miss" with NP and BH. When something is wrong with your order, good luck!!!
Last edited by am534615; Oct 02, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Oct 02, 2012, 05:35 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
I may be in the Twilight Zone.... I ordered a FMS Pitts from BH yesterday the 1st, this morning I received an e-mail tracking # from UPS stating that my plane had shipped along with a couple spots it hit and that it will be at my door Oct. 5th by noon. BH told me 3-5 days to my house ...Dave/ZZEE
Oct 02, 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee
I may be in the Twilight Zone.... I ordered a FMS Pitts from BH yesterday the 1st, this morning I received an e-mail tracking # from UPS stating that my plane had shipped along with a couple spots it hit and that it will be at my door Oct. 5th by noon. BH told me 3-5 days to my house ...Dave/ZZEE
Yes i ordered my first plane from them,a super sky surfer, i had it on my door step in four days ! I was amazed.
Oct 02, 2012, 08:11 PM
Thread OP
yeah i just got a confirmation itll be here on the 8th...i leave for hawaii on the 7th... SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT
Oct 03, 2012, 09:25 AM
I wonder if it all has to do with manufacturer packaging. I ordered a 1400mm f6f from them. Fms packages their products very well and I didn't have a scratch on mine. I was leery of ordering from them. It turned out ok.
Oct 03, 2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirish617
yeah i just got a confirmation itll be here on the 8th...i leave for hawaii on the 7th... SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT
I would call the carrier and have them leave it at a neighbors or somewhere inconspicuous. I have had a drop shipment from UPS stolen from my doorstep.

Quick Reply