Nov 15, 2012, 02:33 PM
I got it! $62 shipped from US! Anyone know if you can cut out V2 canopies to fit the Pro? I got a bunch of V2s.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
This is cheap and in the states to get you a pro. http://www.valuehobby.com/helicopter...ue-tube-1.html
I had never heard of them before, but after looking around I see this which looks very interesting:

http://www.valuehobby.com/helicopter...rless-arf.html

It's out of stock, but claims they will have it tomorrow.

I also had been looking at getting the FBL HK-450. But I've always read the Tarot are better quality clones.

I've been following this thread as I want to build my own 450 clone. I'm getting bored of my 4 channel helis. However I'd like to build something that can do good 3D. Most build recommendations here seem to be more for sport flying. What components make a big difference between sport flying and 'Alan Szabo Jr' style 3D flying. Some posts say skip the clones and get an actual Align.

Or should I just get enough to so basic 3D and then change out certain electronic parts later?

Thanks - Max
Nov 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat
I got it! $62 shipped from US! Anyone know if you can cut out V2 canopies to fit the Pro? I got a bunch of V2s.
I'm using a V2 canopy on my Pro at the moment - I just tuck the front edge of the canopy under the front canopy retainer, rather than into it, and it seems to work ok, though it helps to have a bit of foam on the inside of the canopy to bear against the battery pack.
Nov 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan
I picked up a TT tail from HK and it didnt sit right . The gears barely meshed , but still worked .
I took off all was well , then the tail was acting weird . Brought it down and then it happened , it stopped moving all together and with a weird sound . Took the tail assembly apart and found that the shaft barely going into the gear. Good thing I didn't strip anything .
The fix was to grind some of the tube stop off so it slid the tube into the block more. After that it was a nice tight fit and the gears meshed perfectly . Now i have another problem , since i moved the tube in more , now i need to adjust the tail from spinning
Nov 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
My servos from the V2 should fit the Pro right? I know I ask to many questions
Nov 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro
Is the V2 convertible to Pro?
No, but you can convert to FBL easily enough. If you have a V2 that flies great then I think it makes more sense to just upgrade that to FBL than to start over with a whole new kit that might not turn out as well as the machine you have now.
Nov 15, 2012, 08:48 PM

The eye of the beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
No, but you can convert to FBL easily enough.

Never really seen the attraction of the Pro, it's just uglier, harder to work on and costs more in a crash because of the torque tube.
but the belt pro, on the other hand - durable tail, along with the super strong main frames of the Pro. As for ugly - what could be uglier than a big lump of a tail servo at the front of a tail boom? The Pro is certainly a bit more awkward to work on, but not hard - and you get used to taking the cyclic servos out in a lump with the bearing blocks. I like it's simplicity - you could hardly build a heli with less parts, especially if it's FBL. The V1 Pro canopy isn't particularly inspired, but there are more elegant, more pointy variants available. I guess it's just a case of horses for courses.
Nov 15, 2012, 09:13 PM
the pro is not bad once you realize you need to take half the frame off to work on. Once you know that tho it's much easier to fix because taking half the frame off is 100x easier than removing half the sport.
Nov 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
but the belt pro, on the other hand - durable tail, along with the super strong main frames of the Pro. As for ugly - what could be uglier than a big lump of a tail servo at the front of a tail boom? The Pro is certainly a bit more awkward to work on, but not hard - and you get used to taking the cyclic servos out in a lump with the bearing blocks. I like it's simplicity - you could hardly build a heli with less parts, especially if it's FBL. The V1 Pro canopy isn't particularly inspired, but there are more elegant, more pointy variants available. I guess it's just a case of horses for courses.
each to their own, this is so true.
Nov 15, 2012, 09:40 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
No, but you can convert to FBL easily enough. If you have a V2 that flies great then I think it makes more sense to just upgrade that to FBL than to start over with a whole new kit that might not turn out as well as the machine you have now.
no need to be embarrased by your point of view AS, you have the right to say your opinion about the pro, some will agree like myself and some wont. That's just the way it is
Nov 15, 2012, 10:32 PM
Also it's hard to be a critic if you have not owned both.
Nov 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Use the flybar young Padawan
I will go with fly what your use to . I have both also and after going to the pro all Ican say is it flys more stable in the air . there is proof of this too . the head on the flybar cage and blade grips have more mass , meaning more centrifugal force making it more stable.
this is why on flybarless blade grips on most helis are a lot bigger than the standard blade grips . this will make it easier to convert to flybarless too.
the SEv2 i found to be more agile for 3D . When i was learning to fly i wish i had the Pro , even a not so good setup it will still fly well .
i must have around 6 pro's and 7 SEv2 , about 4 of each still in the box waiting to be built . Since getting the bigger birds , these mostly sit and wait for a turn in the air
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Nov 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
I don't remember where I read it but the reason I'm switching to Pro is it has better aerobatics? I just read it somewhere.
Nov 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
The Pro was designed to be simple, with single piece main frames, but also to centralise mass as much as possible - hence the tail servo is tucked between the frames at the rear, rather than being mounted further out along the boom. The cyclic servos all use the same length links, which results in a purer linkage geometry, minimising unwanted interactions. The head uses slightly longer grips, giving a small increase in rotor diameter, and the mainshaft and swash were designed to give -13 to +13 pitch range. The tail rotor to main rotor gear ratio is reduced, when compared with earlier models, since the Pro is optimised for higher HS, anything up to 3500 or so.
Nov 16, 2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks again 2Doggs!

Quick Reply