Jun 23, 2011, 01:15 PM
Future Pilot
Hmm don't know about hand cannons. I think even BB guns aren't allowed. Very strict here.

Of course police have guns, but we don't need to protect ourselves from the police lol

Bad guys, well sure they do, but there's nothing we can do. No guns or weapons of self defense allowed without special permits/authorization.

Here's ours:

to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks Ridge, yea, I've always said any of my RCG friends are welcome to come fly here, heck we could even shoot some skeets.

Mac,
That SIG is awesome, they make some very nice guns, I really want a .357sig. But pistol and rifle rounds have really went up here. It cost me over $40 for a box of .357 mag. Shotgun shells are pretty cheap tho.

Speaking of tasers, My hardcore USMC pops has a stun gun. He thinks its funny to sneak up behind ya and zap ya. Knocked me down twice hurts like hell too...
Jun 23, 2011, 01:28 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post

Of course police have guns, but we don't need to protect ourselves from the police lol

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tyranny

That's terrible you can't even have a BB gun!!

How about a Bow and Arrow can you have those?

I never realized that the gun laws in Canada were so strict...is there ever any shootings between bad guys in the streets...any home invasions...car jackings?

Ridgewalker
Jun 23, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
Speaking of tasers, My hardcore USMC pops has a stun gun. He thinks its funny to sneak up behind ya and zap ya. Knocked me down twice hurts like hell too...
HA,HA,HA,ha,ha,ha!!!!

That's funny...long as you not the one getting zapped!!!..

Ridgewalker
Jun 23, 2011, 01:57 PM
Future Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tyranny

That's terrible you can't even have a BB gun!!

How about a Bow and Arrow can you have those?

I never realized that the gun laws in Canada were so strict...is there ever any shootings between bad guys in the streets...any home invasions...car jackings?

Ridgewalker
LOL I don't know about the bow and arrow. Haven't seen too many robin hood's running around - except maybe on Halloween.

Ya they are strict, and there are shootings as well all the crimes you mentioned. Perhaps not as many as other places, but there definitely are crimes.
Jun 23, 2011, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
I was just reading this..http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/#prohibited

Looks like some airguns are alright long as the long as the muzzle velocity doesn't exceed 500 fps.

After reading that link i see you can have a gun...just got some rules to follow....i was thinking you couldn't have a gun at all!!..lol

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Jun 23, 2011, 02:15 PM
Future Pilot
Hmm, that interesting. We have always been told that they are strictly not allowed, but of course there are rules as you stated. Otherwise what would you say about toy guns lol! Or even water guns!

Oh well whatever!

---

I'm in EST too. Check this out http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEhelp/TimeZone.html
Jun 23, 2011, 02:17 PM
Future Pilot
Ridge, thought you may find this interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmw9kucS3tw

It blew me away!

I'd love to get some guys together and do something like this!
Jun 23, 2011, 02:36 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
Sweet video Astro.

And I have to agree with Ridge, not having a gun around to protect myself or the family would be too wierd for me. I have mine 2 steps away. I wish we didnt need to have guns to protect ourselves but sadly we do.

At least every other night there is at least one shooting in Baltimore. Im about 40 minuts north of downtown. Also, there are two bad towns about 15 minutes each way from me. Not to long ago there were some car burnings at night. Right in the driveway.

Im sure they ended up driving a long way to that tracking beacon to find it lol.
Jun 23, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Have seen that one before but it is a cool video !!

Thanks for the link about the time.

Wanted to know because of this...http://spaceweather.com/

Have you guys seen the video un-boxing of the new Sbach 342 from ChuckTseeker...if not here it is...

E-Flite UMX Sbach 342 Un-Boxing-Review (14 min 32 sec)

After i get comfortable with the T-28 i may get one!

Ridgewalker
Jun 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJOsik View Post
And I have to agree with Ridge, not having a gun around to protect myself or the family would be too wierd for me. I have mine 2 steps away. I wish we didnt need to have guns to protect ourselves but sadly we do.
+1. I would at least have the biggest meanest bb gun I could find and a rambo knife lol

I stay locked and loaded. I take no chances when it comes to the safety of my family. You know when china invades to recoup all the money we owe them, they are just going to march on up to Canada too. hahaha
Jun 23, 2011, 03:50 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Astro!
My LHS guy showed me this.
Incredible!

Strange Object Found On Mars! (4 min 24 sec)
Jun 23, 2011, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Astro!
My LHS guy showed me this.
Incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuCaPyKUyVE
Is this a joke?

Not from you Mac...but from "them"..or "they"...the govm't.

I don't know....but i went to see for myself..copy/paste the location and sure enough it's there...question is ...is it real?

Don't know for sure but iirc i remember reading it would take 2 years to get from here to there.

Wouldn't surprise me if we had some secret something going on there!..lol

Don't "they" have some secret plane that can go 4000 mph..."X" something or other.

Ridgewalker
Jun 23, 2011, 04:46 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Is this a joke?

Not from you Mac...but from "them"..or "they"...the govm't.

I don't know....but i went to see for myself..copy/paste the location and sure enough it's there...question is ...is it real?

Don't know for sure but iirc i remember reading it would take 2 years to get from here to there.

Wouldn't surprise me if we had some secret something going on there!..lol

Don't "they" have some secret plane that can go 4000 mph..."X" something or other.

Ridgewalker
My LHS guy had it on his computer and zoomed-in on it. Then he had some kind of fancy-schmancy measuring device where he drew two points on the map and his PC popped-up the dimensions: that "thing" is well-over 600 feet long!

That means it's gotta be about 80 ft wide or so.

That's a BIG object. Looks like it's tubular. A space station outpost?
Jun 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
+1. I would at least have the biggest meanest bb gun I could find and a rambo knife lol

I stay locked and loaded. I take no chances when it comes to the safety of my family. You know when china invades to recoup all the money we owe them, they are just going to march on up to Canada too. hahaha
Florida observes the Castle Doctrine. If they enter your property, you can shoot 'em down.
Believe it or not, I was told NOT to shoot them in the back or you'd be charged with manslaughter because it means they were exiting. I was also told that you should try to shoot them INSIDE your house, so the blood spatters will prove he/she was already "invading" when you fired.

Too many armed house invaders down here -- now you can shoot at will if you see them or hear them coming in.

I could do it, but I would feel awful - no matter how "bad" the intruder was.

Quick Reply