Mar 30, 2012, 04:31 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbritton
What do you guys think of a 1112/1Y 6.7:1? Was thinking 4S on Icelite 150

3500kv, 1000+ watts, 225 grams with gear box, 29mm front
Won't be bad, but if you don't already have the motor and are looking around for options, this might be worth a closer look. This is a 1115/1Y with a Kontronik KPG25 5.2:1 gearbox. Will suit the X better than the 1112/6.7. ICElite will be more than adequate either way.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2012, 06:33 PM
200mph +
Ice lite 150 is pretty big isnt it?

I know I'm out of space with my p125 and thats a tiny controller.
Mar 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic
Ice lite 150 is pretty big isnt it?

I know I'm out of space with my p125 and thats a tiny controller.
P125 is tiny but not light. Compact I would say... Please punch my face if you ever have the chance, but the 30dollar 200A HK esc is hard to ignore.......
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Mar 30, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Mar 31, 2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Daniel, you should get far more amps.... 108 is way off,,, If castle logger shows wrong it only shows more amps then what it is,, So I dont think you setup draws more then 108 Amps..

I dont know nothing about ARC motors.... if that was a MEGA motor, then something must be wrong if you think its not fast

How was the throw ?
I always have a friend to throw the plane for me. I tried to throw it on my own on 4s. I will not be doing that again! The plane travels a very long distanse before you can get the hand down to the radio.
But when you can stand back a few meters and all hands on the radio I have always get problem free starts.

Humm, I am thinking that I am abit more of a F5D style pilot.
I am feeling that both me and the plane can go faster. Hehe, I like the feeling that I am right on the edge on what i can controll
Mar 31, 2012, 09:45 PM
200mph +
X2 flys better than the the first

Two good flights today, flying amazing!
Quite a bit faster than the first, since I went straight to 5s.

Bungee/Catapult launched both time, madian was a little dodgy can it was trimmed down quite hard, and I was stupid and had 100x too much aileron throw. Nice knifeedge and I was away

Once trimmed though, it was beautiful at all speeds, tracking dead straight.

Very very happy my friend!

Thanks again Yuri.
Mar 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Thanx for posting .
Makes my rainy day brighter.
Wonder when we'll have some summer too
Yuri.
Apr 01, 2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
Won't be bad, but if you don't already have the motor and are looking around for options, this might be worth a closer look. This is a 1115/1Y with a Kontronik KPG25 5.2:1 gearbox. Will suit the X better than the 1112/6.7. ICElite will be more than adequate either way.
This is similar to what I use. I have neu 1115 2d with kpg27 5.2 and 5s in x plane on 16x17s. It is PERFECT setup with ice light 100.

If anyone wants ice lite 150, I think you have to wait a while longer... (hope I am wrong about this!)
Apr 03, 2012, 09:52 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Thread OP
X2 slowly, very slowly, coming together.

Larger carbon cooling hole in the wing, and the wing harness exiting much further aft, its behind the dragspar. Hopefully doesnt interfere with the pack as much as the previous setup
Apr 03, 2012, 10:29 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Really nice work
Cooling is all ways better.BUT-
more cells You going to use less batteries temperature to expect .
It is simple ,-You using batteries for shorter burst times,plane accelerates faster,You doing more laps without another motor run and batteries stay cool.
Unless You are ready for crazy stuff to perform with one more cell,then........You'll need a cooling hole
Yuri.
Apr 03, 2012, 11:03 PM
Thread OP
This wing needs to go on the "other" X fuse too.. I have no idea what'll be in it.. but itll be hot
Apr 03, 2012, 11:21 PM
With these hot setups, is everyone using bungees for launching, or is anyone just throwing it?
Is there a great difference in torque compared to an F5B like an Avionic pushing 5-6KW?
Are y'all running throttle on a switch or is anyone using an actual throttle?
Apr 03, 2012, 11:23 PM
200mph +
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice
With these hot setups, is everyone using bungees for launching, or is anyone just throwing it?
Is there a great difference in torque compared to an F5B like an Avionic pushing 5-6KW?
Are y'all running throttle on a switch or is anyone using an actual throttle?
Dunno if its the short wing, my bad throwing, or what, but the torque on these things is insane for me. Throttle on a switch.

I don't dare throw mine. Catapult only for me.
Apr 03, 2012, 11:26 PM
200mph +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic
Dunno if its the short wing, my bad throwing, or what, but the torque on these things is insane for me. Throttle on a switch.

I don't dare throw mine. Catapult only for me.
Relevant picture

LOL @ the scared looking person letting it go for me.
Apr 03, 2012, 11:31 PM
Thread OP
Hahaha, looks like hes about to be launched with the X

I hand launched my X once... and only once, ended in tears. Some seem to be able to do it, not me Bungee is the way, Tx in one hand, X on the bungee in the other, easy.
Apr 04, 2012, 12:10 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
For me ,throwing is part of the fun and bungee is nothing but spare equipment hassle.
Also ,in my experience ,it's more risky, if somebody is launching for me and timing goes bad.
Don.
There is a great compromise to START flying with one cell less or /and/ smaller 14,5x14 prop.
Yuri

Quick Reply