Aug 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207
search your computer for KKmulticopterflashtool.cmd if your windows create a shortcut to it and put it on your desktop and double click it. If your on a Mac your on your own until a Macker answers you. You have the lates Java on your machine? Make sure that you have the cable installed correctly on the KK2
I use avrdude on linux with usbasp.

I just run

avrdude -c usbasp -p m324pa -U flash:w:<fullpath to kk2.hex>
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
The order of channels for PPM SUM varies from vendor to vendor, you have to adjust to suit your product.

Here are some popular combinations taken from the MultiWii source:

Select the right line depending on your radio brand. Feel free to modify the order in your PPM order is different */
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Graupner/Spektrum
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others
That's exactly what the CPPM settings menu do, define which channel is what.
The problem is just a swap of labels here, so for my Robbe I have to select channel 3 for yaw and channel 4 for throttle in order to get the correct result.

Fred
Aug 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
That's exactly what the CPPM settings menu do, define which channel is what.
The problem is just a swap of labels here, so for my Robbe I have to select channel 3 for yaw and channel 4 for throttle in order to get the correct result.

Fred
The KK2 CPPM default order is Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Throttle, AUX. If your channel order is different then you will have to change those settings. The default order is arbitrary, It's expected that you will need to change it. I don't even know what the channel order is for my Turnigy 9x I will simply do it by experimentation.
Aug 16, 2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
I don't even know what the channel order is for my Turnigy 9x I will simply do it by experimentation.
Then I see why this is not a problem for you. For us who know that throttle is channel 3, it feels strange to suddenly have to select channel 4 behind the throttle label.
Aug 16, 2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
Then I see why this is not a problem for you. For us who know that throttle is channel 3, it feels strange to suddenly have to select channel 4 behind the throttle label.
If you look at this DSM2 orange photo, a very common receiver, you can see that the Throttle is the first channel after the bind plug, so it points out there is no standard for this kind of thing, one is as good as another.

Aug 16, 2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON
Well ive got the drivers installed but cant get the KK2.2 installed,any idea's please,Marty.
Did you follow this?

Flashing the KK2: How to update your firmware (4 min 51 sec)

NB.: Rolf, put this video on the first page.
Last edited by pinguin; Aug 16, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Aug 16, 2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris...
Yes did all of above pinguin the board is installed in a micro bambucopter
and connected too...
Check the solder of ESC pin 3 on the board. Maybe you need to resolder the pin.

BTW: nice transparent frame.
Aug 16, 2012, 02:20 AM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin
Check the solder of ESC pin 3 on the board. Maybe you need to resolder the pin.

BTW: nice transparent frame.
Will check later thanks pinguin and bambu quad frame is excellent i have a few Bambu's and awesome.I hit a road inverted WOT trying to roll to fast and low any other frame would of been smashed to pieces! but the bambus are polycarbonate.
http://www.bambucopter.com/crab-20-a...25-quadcopter/
Aug 16, 2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
If you look at this DSM2 orange photo, a very common receiver, you can see that the Throttle is the first channel after the bind plug, so it points out there is no standard for this kind of thing, one is as good as another.
That is true Spektrum stuff uses that protocol, the other one is JR I believe.

Most if not all others use the standard AETR, I say standard as that is what the majority of radios have used since I started 40 plus years ago.

That also happens to be the same as all the Flight Control boards I have seen (normal Rx connections).
Aug 16, 2012, 09:13 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan
I'll test my voltage later on and share my findings. I'm sure there's something wrong with the connection or the wire I soldered. The original firmware doesn't show the voltage on the Safe Screen. Thanks guys.
Tested the 12v pin and its working fine. I think i had the pins backward connected to the power distributor board.

But i think i did burn an ESC testing the amps it pulls.
Aug 16, 2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch
Just testing 1.2 on my HT-450 frame. Flash went fine but default PI is wobbly as all hell. V1 was rock solid, no wobble at all.

Can someone post what the old default settings were for me to try please.

Here's an idea for kaptainkuk; at the moment you can only use the aux channel to switch one function. When i watch the reciever test and operate a 3 pos switch off is low, mid is neither off nor on and high is on.

Why not allow mid to arm and high to switch on level. Even without a 3 pos switch (dx6i etc) you can use mixing to allow 2 switches to set low mid high on one channel.
Go to factory default menu to restore to default setting.
Or you mean the v1 setting? I don't think you want to use that if your ESC is not flashed by SimonK fw.
Aug 16, 2012, 10:04 AM
So finally have all of the bugs worked out. Great board! I quick question to ease my mind here...i have my board suspended to prevent vibration on it and i have unflashed escs from rctimer. And im up to 130p 90i with no issues and scared to keep going..haha.. any way.. whether my p is at 50 or 130. Stick scaling at 70 and it is very stable at all slow operations even during straight lift and fast decels.. but if i do quick roll or pitch motion. I get a very small wobble once i stop giving input that is perpendicular to the motion i move.. only for a split second. I am in x configuration and figure that it is just the other axis stabilizing. Or.....is it the unflashed escs not being to respond fast enough. This motion is not destructive or unstable.. i just want to hear from other x pilots.. this is only in fast aggressive motions not during smooth autolevel motion that i would use for video. Do others have this slight wobble..?
Aug 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
That's normal in my experience. Simonk firmware will likely lessen it a bit, but if it isn't broken, don't fix it!
Aug 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah i am debating on if its worth flashing my escs.. seems like a good evening of work that may only be a marginal increase in my situation.
Aug 16, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06
Yeah i am debating on if its worth flashing my escs.. seems like a good evening of work that may only be a marginal increase in my situation.
I don't know about rctimers, but I was running skywalfers 20 amps ESCs on my DJI and never had issues. They were rock solid reliable. I then replaced them with F20 HK simonized ESCs. The improvement was marginal, as you put it. Hardly noticeable in my case. The only difference is I was able to run higher P gain. That said, the F-20 are el cheapos at about 7 bucks each and I had one quit on me in mid air. Picked up the quad and the darn thing spooled up fine again. Tech 69 had the same thing happen to him with the same F-20 simonized ESCs. I have not flown that quad since as I know this is bound to happen again. It flies fine now, but the question is when is an ESC going to quit in flight again? I'm not chancing it. I am going back to better quality and more reliable non flashed ESCs. Works for me just fine. No... works better.

Best,
Chris

Quick Reply