Jan 14, 2013, 11:42 PM
Good question, I'm still here :-)
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2013, 08:28 AM
AMA 869451 / FAA 13675
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
Hi PapaJeff, Still working out the details, sorry can't give any precise details just yet..
Mark
Happy New Year, Mark! I think that an update on the "Pro" might get this
thread back on track. With the Multi-copter guys, there is still a need for
a FC that can equal the NAZA with GPS at a realistic price, In addition,
a gimbal stabilization controller with an easy method to change values,
would be well received.
Jan 16, 2013, 06:15 AM
Hi Papajeff, happy new year to you too. still working on the pro, will let you know when I have a better visibility of completion. Will also post some progress vids when I can. For the BL-3GRC gyro part we again have stock now (in US there has anyway always been stock on Amazon.com). Some magazine reviews in the pipeline, I'll pass on the details when I have them.

Mark
Jan 16, 2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Hi Papajeff, happy new year to you too. still working on the pro, will let you know when I have a better visibility of completion. Will also post some progress vids when I can. For the BL-3GRC gyro part we again have stock now (in US there has anyway always been stock on Amazon.com). Some magazine reviews in the pipeline, I'll pass on the details when I have them.

Mark
Please disregard this
Jan 17, 2013, 06:35 AM
AMA 869451 / FAA 13675
Quote:

Mark
Thanks for the update and I'll be looking foreward to your introduction of the
Pro.
Jan 31, 2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:

Mark
Mark
where to buy in Europe ?
Feb 01, 2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
Mark
where to buy in Europe ?
Hi jaccies, currently we're still discussing about distributors for EU, but you can anyway buy direct from our website. Please see here
Feb 01, 2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Hi jaccies, currently we're still discussing about distributors for EU, but you can anyway buy direct from our website. Please see here
thanks, i live in the Netherlands, i ordered one today , please USD25 Declared value on package , thanks
Feb 03, 2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
thanks, i live in the Netherlands, i ordered one today , please USD25 Declared value on package , thanks
Thanks for the order, will sort it..

Mark
Feb 13, 2013, 10:29 PM
For the BL-3GRC ICE-MAN gyro we're thinking of adding the following additional features: I'm interested to know if these would be useful to people:
1) Balance of twin prop engines (primarily for take off), ie to counter any yaw movements with differential throttle, to help out the rudder for these aircraft.
2) Ability to change the control range on output channels individually (ie for large scale planes where two servos are used, but located in different positions). This can be done today but only with one channel. See here
3) Support for tri-copter multi-rotors.
Any further suggestions would be appreciated if you have any ideas.
Mark
Feb 14, 2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
For the BL-3GRC ICE-MAN gyro we're thinking of adding the following additional features: I'm interested to know if these would be useful to people:
1) Balance of twin prop engines (primarily for take off), ie to counter any yaw movements with differential throttle, to help out the rudder for these aircraft.
2) Ability to change the control range on output channels individually (ie for large scale planes where two servos are used, but located in different positions). This can be done today but only with one channel. See here
3) Support for tri-copter multi-rotors.
Any further suggestions would be appreciated if you have any ideas.
Mark
1) Excellent. I use now throttle differential with my twin engine Catalina, rudder channel acting as master. It helps but take-off is still a tricky business. I have been thinking of gyro controlled differential, but but... This would be very useful.
2) Excellent. With just tx controlled systems servo travel setting is easy, but adding a flight controller between is causing a lot of trouble. Even mechanically.

Suggestion: Waterproof casing -option. I have a lot of water planes, and there is water all over no matter what. Permanent waterproofing is easy but keeping the possibility to access the pots etc. is not.
Edit: this waterproofing applies winter time flying too. Now it is winter in the northern hemisphere, perfectly fine weather for flying but snow gets all over.
Last edited by FinnCat; Feb 14, 2013 at 04:33 AM. Reason: just added more text
Feb 14, 2013, 05:18 AM
Hi Finncat, thanks for your comments and suggestion. Interesting idea about waterproofing, but I'm not so sure how big the market would be for it. With the ICE-MAN gyro you can anyway just set an input to act as a real time gain control so this can be controlled via the pot on the RC Tx. So the permanent waterproofing may be the better option.
Mark
Feb 14, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Hi Finncat, thanks for your comments and suggestion. Interesting idea about waterproofing, but I'm not so sure how big the market would be for it. With the ICE-MAN gyro you can anyway just set an input to act as a real time gain control so this can be controlled via the pot on the RC Tx. So the permanent waterproofing may be the better option.
Mark
What about such arrangement that gains could be adjusted alternatively not by pots but from the program? Then all the settings could be done via USB or otherwise remotely (Bluetooth -> cell phone app!? ).
Getting rid of the need to access the pots in the plane would also give much more freedom to select the mounting place - big advantage for many plane builders I guess.

/Ari
Feb 14, 2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnCat
What about such arrangement that gains could be adjusted alternatively not by pots but from the program? Then all the settings could be done via USB or otherwise remotely (Bluetooth -> cell phone app!? ).
Getting rid of the need to access the pots in the plane would also give much more freedom to select the mounting place - big advantage for many plane builders I guess.

/Ari
Hi Ari, this is already in place (via USB). You can see it here on the professional 1 page..
here
Regarding wi-fi, the BL-3GRC has a UART interface too, so a builder could connect a commercially available RF communications unit and then via a whole host of commands (already in place) access and modify many parameters of the gyro remotely.
Last edited by IceManPro; Feb 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Feb 15, 2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Hi Ari, this is already in place (via USB). You can see it here on the professional 1 page..
here
Regarding wi-fi, the BL-3GRC has a UART interface too, so a builder could connect a commercially available RF communications unit and then via a whole host of commands (already in place) access and modify many parameters of the gyro remotely.
OK, sorry, I thought that the pots are always part of the equation. I'll go back to my cave and study more. When you see white smoke coming out of the chimney, a new pop...sorry plane with Ice-Man Gyro has born. If it's grey smoke I need a new unit.
/Ari

Quick Reply