Sep 18, 2014, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

RMRC Anaconda - arrived Unboxing and build thread

Anaconda arrived in Florida USA.

It was double boxed in excellent boxes. All parts are absolutely perfect. ITS HUGE. The fuse is almost as long as the X-UAV Talon and with the tail booms its about 1.75 times as long as the Talon.

My time was limited so I took some quick informal photos with a meter stick next to it for some scale. Sorry for the quality not being the best. There will be many more unboxing's photos and vids coming I'm sure but here it is in Country (USA) and delivered in perfect condition and the quality is superb....Thanks to RMRC for a great kit!!!

I wont be building this for a bit until a couple current projects are completed but feel free to load unboxings, videos and build compilations here.

If this thread would be better off linked elsewhere let me know. Didn't see a Anaconda build or unboxing thread yet.

The User manual is Here but under construction according to RMRC
Last edited by Nucc10; Sep 18, 2014 at 05:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2014, 04:35 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
You got the kit version. did it come with the servo extensions for the wings and such?
mine should be here tomorrow.
Sep 18, 2014, 05:08 PM
I put together the ARF version last night, missing one thing but I received an email today saying that a few kits were missing items and will be taken care of....so they beat me to it before I could contact them. +1 on customer care for Ready Made.

Looks like a great product, cant wait to get it in the air.
Sep 18, 2014, 05:09 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Eagle0812, did it come with the servo extensions?
Sep 18, 2014, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
It has some extensions and some Y cables. The booms are also plug n play with jacks on one end and female connectors on the other = no exposed wires and very clean. The servo extensions to the boom plug ins are pre soldered and installed in my kit also which is more built than the manual shows. As far as servo extensions from the main wings those are not included w the kit.

Note I also received a proactive email from RMRC to inventory my parts which I will be doing tonight. You can cross ref it looks like from the manual linked Here

Im looking good so far nothing major that I see but will inventory everything piece by piece tonight.

Here is the email you will probably recieve:

Thank you for purchasing one of our new RMRC Anacondas. We have found some possible issues with a few of the kits and we would like to make you aware of them. Please check the following upon receipt of your Anaconda:

1. Verify you received both left and right tail sections and not two of one side.
2. Make sure the headphone plugs are installed & glued properly to the tail booms so they don’t easily push or pull out in with pressure.
3. Confirm that all control rods and hardware were included.

If you notice any problems with your kit or if you find any missing components, please reply to this support ticket we have opened for you with details so we can resolve this for you as soon as possible. Our goal is to provide the highest quality products and we want you to know that if an issue does arise, we will make it right as quickly as possible. We were not aware of these issues initially, but now are double checking every single unit that ships to prevent these problems in the future.

If you wish to provide additional comments or information regarding this issue, please don't open a new ticket. You can update or view this ticket's progress online here: xxxx
Sep 18, 2014, 06:42 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I did receive it. so what size extensions do I need to get for the wings etc. this way I can get them on order.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Open for suggestions here. This is where the servo wires connect to the boom plug. The wires are basic servo wire without any plugs, heat shrink or support at the solder joints. The foam covers get glued over these permanently and become unnaccessable. After multiple landings with these solder connections being unsupported and bouncing around, if one becomes unsoldered or jarred loose there goes rudder and elevator on one side of the V-tail. Any suggestions to beef this important connection up? Make note of this when you receive your order and have a look. Would a bead of hot glue strengthen this area? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-
Last edited by Nucc10; Sep 18, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:12 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
get some liquid electrical tape that stuff works wonders, and will cover the bare wire. It will also help prevent some movement.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Distance from Servo to center of fuse where the wire drops into the fuse is about 27 inches. So I would assume its that length minus your stock servo wire length that comes off the servo and then you will need to add the length from where it drops into the fuse to wherever you need to plug in depending on setup and location. The Y cables included are 9 inches as well so that gets you to the wing or close to it again depending on your set up and how much slack you like to have left over.
To be honest there's so much room I dont know what Im putting where yet so my extension length might vary once I get going. I'd wait to see this beast TC3 and then make that decision once you figure a bit more about your desired layout. You could put water in this thing and a diving board and use it as a swimming pool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
I did receive it. so what size extensions do I need to get for the wings etc. this way I can get them on order.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:16 PM
Thread OP
Ahhhh of course...dont over think it. Sounds good. I'd def consider checking that area out. 3 servo wires and Chinese bead of solder left naked on both sides to control the entire tail could weaken over time IMO so I'll prob do that for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
get some liquid electrical tape that stuff works wonders, and will cover the bare wire. It will also help prevent some movement.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:09 PM
Looks good so far :-)

Lou
Sep 19, 2014, 10:18 AM
Very cool...I just ordered a kit!

Which servos/motor are you going to opt for? I think I'm going to put together a HK order.
Last edited by MRGTX; Sep 19, 2014 at 10:26 AM.
Sep 19, 2014, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Which servos/motor are you going to opt for? I think I'm going to put together a HK order.
RMRC suggests the following:

Servos: 3x 30g and 2x 17g Metal Gear Digital

To give you an idea compared to the ARF's wing and nose wheel servo... Top is a Corona DS939HV from HK. Left of the embedded servo is a Futaba S3004. Bottom is a HiTec HS-5087MH. I know I've seen the embedded servo somewhere but can't put my finger on it.

In the tail the HiTec HS-5087 is a match in size.
Sep 19, 2014, 03:36 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Well the post office failed to deliver my plane today. it said on the web that it was to be delivered today. Sucks but it is what it is.
Sep 19, 2014, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Scott, I'll just copy that or at least get the equivalent or better from my local shop. So who's decided on a specific motor yet? Only looking to load about 10,000mah into this bird. Does anybody have a suggestion for a Scorpion or Cobra motor or a really good quality motor. I'd like to make this my Mercedes Benz and am willing to step up for quality throughout. Who makes the best motors these days for a platform like this if Im willing to drop the extra coin. Thanks-

Quick Reply