This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 26, 2013, 11:40 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude
The old way is still working for me.
I can click all day on the images in the posts and I won't get a larger image!

Buddy
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 11:43 PM
David Vels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
That's what I asked 3 posts before yours.
glad I'm not the only one
What I've done in the past is click on the post number at the top, right of the individual post taking you to a single post URL. I then save that to a folder in my browser favourites.

David
Feb 26, 2013, 11:45 PM
David Vels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Roos

Buddy
That's a tough break. It's working great for me.
Feb 26, 2013, 11:46 PM
RCG -Minus Member
What web browser are you using?
Latest blog entry: Nall in the Fall '21
Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 PM
David Vels
Something I think would be great is a "like" button ... or something similar for each post.
More often than not, I'll go to "My RCGroups" and have a lot of replies to threads that say, "I agree" or "+1" or "great idea". Give the reader the opportunity to acknowledge the post without having to reply to a post and clog the thread.

David
Last edited by Larrikin; Feb 27, 2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: wrong word
Feb 27, 2013, 04:23 AM
Senile Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Roos

Buddy
Don't click directly on the image. Instead click within the box surrounding the image. The image will then enlarge.
Feb 27, 2013, 10:01 AM
RCG -Minus Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin
Something I think would be great is a "like" button ... or something similar for each post.
More often than not, I'll go to "My RCGroups" and have a lot of replies to threads that say, "I agree" or "+1" or "great idea". Give the reader to opportunity to acknowledge the post without having to reply to a post and clog the thread.

David
I agree.

Not a reputation system though. That would get out of hand on a site this large.
Latest blog entry: Nall in the Fall '21
Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 PM

Can't log in from ANY mobile device!?

The log in fields that "pop up" on this new look, when I am trying to log in from a tablet or smartphone, "disappear" after I tap on the name field and the onscreen keyboard opens to type. This happens with 5 different browsers across both an Android tablet and smartphone. I had to use my PC, which is now the only device I have which can log into this website, to post this comment. Please fix whatever you did to make logging in from mobile devices no longer work.
Feb 27, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mascot
Thread OP
Gonnacrash -
Quote:
In the past we could check up and find the folks that were
"dinged", can we no longer view those ?
Yes. This is found on the rules page in the "Types of Appeals" section.

Buddy Roos -
Quote:
With the old version, I could just click on an image to get a larger image. It appears that now I have to click on View All Images, find the image I want to enlarge, click on it to bring it up and then click on it again to get a larger image of the original photo. It's so much trouble that I have given up on trying to view larger images.
You should be able to click any image, it will then show up in our lightbox. If you want it even larger just click the image again.

JoeR -
Quote:
Is there anyway to save or bookmark within RCG specific posts I'd like to be able to refer back to later? Thanks
The best way to do this now is to go to thread tools and subscribe to the thread. Another option is to bookmark it in your browser.

Larrikin -
Quote:
Something I think would be great is a "like" button
"Like!" - This has been brought up to our techs. I don't think any conclusions have been made on this.

Zoander -
Quote:
The log in fields that "pop up" on this new look, when I am trying to log in from a tablet or smartphone, "disappear" after I tap on the name field and the onscreen keyboard opens to type. This happens with 5 different browsers across both an Android tablet and smartphone. I had to use my PC, which is now the only device I have which can log into this website, to post this comment. Please fix whatever you did to make logging in from mobile devices no longer work.
I just tested this (which is hard with my giant fingers) and found the same thing to be true with Google but not with Safari. That being said I will be notifying the techs about this issue. Thanks!
Update - The techs are aware of the Android issue and are working on it.
Feb 27, 2013, 03:59 PM
Airplane crasher
Terry I find it interesting that you will respond to positive issues but when someone wants to retain the page as they are used to you refuse to adress the issue. Someone wanting a like button?? That brings you right to being just like facebook or any other web site. I came here because the forum lay-out was pleasing over other forums. The ease of finding a post and the general look and layout. Now we are forced with a facebook style update to our page layout that frankly is not appealing at all. The bandwidth must be massive for these "Improvements" versus the style of just a year ago. It is a disappointment to many when they are forced to accept this.
You already had a great forum that people were comfortable navigating through. You have increased the frusteration factor where it used to be a pleasurable way to waste an afternoon surfing through the posts. Now it has become more of a pain.
Feb 27, 2013, 04:12 PM
Mascot
Thread OP
CapMike
I'm sorry you don't like the new changes. I visit our Facebook page everyday and to me, RCG is not very similar. Our goal is always to try to improve the user experience, but we realize we can't make everyone happy. If you have suggestions on ways to make the site work better, I would be happy to pass those along. If we are successful, maybe you could make your avatar "Happy!"
Feb 27, 2013, 04:20 PM
Zen in the art of foam
Ditto with Buddy Roos:
With the old version, I could just click on an image to get a larger image. It appears that now I have to click on View All Images, find the image I want to enlarge, click on it to bring it up and then click on it again to get a larger image of the original photo. It's so much trouble that I have given up on trying to view larger images.
Feb 27, 2013, 04:25 PM
Zen in the art of foam
By Terry: "You should be able to click any image, it will then show up in our lightbox. If you want it even larger just click the image again."
Before one click was enough to get a larger image. So we're improving by making more clicks required?
Feb 27, 2013, 04:30 PM
Airplane crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
CapMike
I'm sorry you don't like the new changes. I visit our Facebook page everyday and to me, RCG is not very similar. Our goal is always to try to improve the user experience, but we realize we can't make everyone happy. If you have suggestions on ways to make the site work better, I would be happy to pass those along. If we are successful, maybe you could make your avatar "Happy!"
Restore the functionality of the previous version. Prior to the updates you made this week. The ability to go to the topics, airplane, electric forum and see hot threads, the for sale section, and so forth. Many liked this old style I realize you removed the video host feature and that was fine. These other changes are not so good looking
Feb 27, 2013, 04:30 PM
Mascot
Thread OP
djacob7
I will be sure to pass along your feelings about this.

CapMike
I will make them aware of your suggestions as well!

Quick Reply