Jul 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
Eugene

My new Radiolink T7F TX & R7EH RX

Hi all,

I got my new tx today Radiolink T7F TX & R7EH RX for my Titan 450 pro It's a long story but I finaly got what I wanted and some bonus items as well.

I found this on ebay and I paid for it and waited for it to get here, but when it arived it was the wrong one it was a Radiolink T6EAP-E

So I contacted the seller and he said to send it back to him and as it was his fault he would pay for the shipping of AUD$31.00 and he would send me out the proper one so I said ok.

Now when it arrived it was the wrong one again it was the Radiolink T6EHP-E

So I did the same as above exept he told me to keep this one and he would just resend me the one I wanted so I said ok

Guess what he sent me yet another T6EHP-E, by this time it was just to much so he said due to the cost of me sending back the TX's he decided to cancel the order and refunded me the cost of the TX and the cost of the shippng of AUD$31.00 told me to keep the TX's and then gave me a link to AliExpress to buy it from there so I did and I also had enough money to replace my JTL-0904A simulator TX as well and still have change.

So I ended up with
2 Radiolink T6EPH-E
1 Radiolink T7F
1 JTL-0904A
for the cost of around AUD$100.00

I must have a gift to turn a bad luck senario into an amazing good luck senario
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
motivated flyer

VERY off topic

I've found this

2.4Ghz 450V2 RTF glass fiber frame helicopter with 6-CH remote control mode 2

beauty during browsing forum for just 80 USD.

As my birthday is coming, and 9116 parts are sailing through the ocean, I just started wondering to buy a present for myself.

What do you think of this cheap helicopter ? -6ch, brushless motor, headlock gyro, no flybar, just light paddles...

Tempting?

Your opinions are welcome
Jul 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cranky old fart
If the 9116 is the extent of your experience you would find that heli extremely difficult to fly. That type of heli is very difficult to repair and setup and easy to wreck. You don't even have to crash; just tip over with the blades turning is enough for hours of repairs. Just an FYI, the price of flybar helis is getting quite cheap because many manufacturers are dumping them. Flybarless helis are far less complex, much more durable and easy to fix. A flybarless heli with a good control system is quite stable with very predictable handling.
Last edited by Balr14; Jul 12, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Jul 12, 2012, 03:13 PM
Crash and learn
I bought one of those from LeadersHobby. because I wanted to buy the FS-CT6B transmitter anyway. Also was curious about the electronics - receiver, brushless ESC, battery, etc.

Never out of the box, just lifted one of the blades to see how sharp it was. Someday will try to fly it when I am in the right mood.

The FS-CT6B works fine with my V911's, so maybe would work with DH9116 also.

Others have said that it flies as an RTF (everything included except battery charger), though the plastic will break in any crash, and plan buying improved replacement parts.
---

FS-CT6B = $27
Devo8s = $200
Last edited by Ribble; Jul 12, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Jul 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
motivated flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
If the 9116 is the extent of your experience you would find that heli extremely difficult to fly. That type of heli is very difficult to repair and setup and easy to wreck. You don't even have to crash; just tip over with the blades turning is enough for hours of repairs. Just an FYI, the price of flybar helis is getting quite cheap because many manufacturers are dumping them. Flybarless helis are far less complex, much more durable and easy to fix. A flybarless heli with a good control system is quite stable with very predictable handling.
Thanks for you honest words Bal14, you're right, my experience is low, but with 9116 I was rather fighting mechanical damage, than my knowledge how to fly.

OK, lets forget this heli, do you have some good proposal of flybarless helis, that are affordable and easy to repair?
Jul 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
motivated flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble
I bought one of those from LeadersHobby. because I wanted to buy the FS-CT6B transmitter anyway. Also was curious about the electronics - receiver, brushless ESC, battery, etc.

Others have said that it flies as an RTF (everything included except battery charger), though the plastic will break in any crash, and plan buying improved replacement parts.
That's pretty the same Bal14 said, so I've have to give it up... Although price is nice...
Jul 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cranky old fart
Those low-priced RTF helis should be called "Ready to Crash". They have not been set up and you will often find loose fasteners. They typically have problem areas and weak points you should be able to recognize. These clones are OK for somebody who has experience with CP helis, because they will know what to look for and how to set up a heli. For instance, bad main gears, bad one-way bearings, faulty tail sliders are common flaws with cheap clones that somebody with experience would recognize in a minute; but that would take you many hours. For a beginner or somebody with no experience with CP helis, they are usually very frustrating and expensive. They are hard to get online help with because they are not familiar brand names and use generic parts and electronics.

Most flybarless helis are pretty easy to repair. It's hard to say what would be good for you. Cost and availability vary widely, depending on where you live.
Last edited by Balr14; Jul 12, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Jul 12, 2012, 04:19 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruszomir
I've found this

2.4Ghz 450V2 RTF glass fiber frame helicopter with 6-CH remote control mode 2

beauty during browsing forum for just 80 USD.

As my birthday is coming, and 9116 parts are sailing through the ocean, I just started wondering to buy a present for myself.

What do you think of this cheap helicopter ? -6ch, brushless motor, headlock gyro, no flybar, just light paddles...

Tempting?

Your opinions are welcome
I bought a similar one from leader, only the next step up with metal head components. The basic unit is acceptable, but the radio is Sh*t.
I swapped out the RX for a devo 7ch so I could use my Devo8s.
The setup on these is poor, so you have to start from scratch.
Once setup, it flys pretty good for a very low cost CP. Not much lost if you break it.
Jul 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
Steve

Tail motor upgrade

Anyone know of a better tail motor than stock? The second one has gone out, I'd like to find a better one.
Thanks
Steve
Jul 13, 2012, 02:12 AM
Closed Account
Stick with the oem motors as they are cheap and don't buy one, buy a few for spares, as you'll need them, unless you wish to mod the heli, then you have a few options. You could use a Nine Eagles Kestrel 500sx motor (you'll have to unsolder the NE wire and plug and use the plug and wire from the double horse motor, or if you really want a challenge, try a Xtreme 180 Pro motor, they have more torque but need a higher rotor head speed to work best, and they have replaceable brushes. They cost about twice as much as an oem 180 motor. Only issue is you may burn out the pcb because of the additional amps they draw. I have one in my kestrel, and it goes ok, but the kestrel has adjustable tail proportion gain on the rx, and a direct drive tail, which can handle the extra torque the Xtreme 180 Pro motor puts out.

The kestrel still flies like a fully loaded school bus though...
Jul 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
Leland

9116 w/ Video...Noob

I am new to the forum as of today. I am still in the learning process and currently own two 9116's. I graduated from a 3 channel to a 4 channel about a month ago and will some day go FPV with a 6 channel. I strapped a cheap eBay camera to my 9116 this morning and put it up. My current setup is original except for a 900mah Mystery battery from Hong Kong.

Thanks to all of those who have made the learning process so much easier on these forums!

Here is the video from the maiden flight with a camera.

Double Horse 9116 W/ Video (Vermont) (4 min 35 sec)
Jul 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Too windy today!!!

I have pretty much gutted my Litehawk Aero for spares on my 9116, and put the outer chassis plates, body posts, and canopy on it. I also swapped out the servo horns with some Futaba spares I had. You can see the new changes in the photos below.

I was tired of the same old factory paint scheme, and by accident, painted up my own. I tried cleaning the canopy with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol, and it stripped the paint off it! So, I did something to fix it up with some leftover paint and stickers from my rc cars.

I changed out the o-rings for Tamiya's hard black o-ring bushings, and they hold the foam feet on the skids much better than before.

Lastly, while I was using a string of paper clips to hang and spray the canopy, I had an idea and made a cheap and free blade holder to keep them out of the way and for transporting it. I simply bent the paper clip into a wire coat hanger shape, and retain it with a small elastic. The hook end is bent to snap on and off the tail boom nice & easy. Cool, eh?

Enjoy!

Thanks for looking!
Jul 13, 2012, 06:42 PM
Closed Account
Wow !!! that looks so cool. I love the job you did on the canopy.

Well done.
Jul 14, 2012, 02:53 AM
Eugene
Well what can I say!! you should go into business doing retro fits.
Jul 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!

Throttle problem

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....
I've bought 3x9116 B-Stock (customer returns) marked as defect for spare parts supply. 30 bucks, cheap enough.

1 came in mint condition, no flaws just rebind and fly (The Good)
1 as expected - beyond repair but still many useable parts (servos, motors, etc) it looks like the first buyer had it flown FF in a wall at the first flight and destroyed canopy, main frame, PCP and battery..... (The Ugly)

The last one is completely mint - obviously never flown because of a little prob.

Without any stick-action the throttle alternates between chosen RPM to max and back. Its no prob with the RX, I've tested 4 different ones, and as you can see in the vid - no changes in the display bar.

00000 4 (0 min 35 sec)

Don't laugh too loud if you watch me get my fingers in the rotor......

Any suggestions? Anyone with a cheap solution by hand, otherwise this beauty will be cannibalised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce
How did you like the 9958's with the standard flybar against the mSR flybar? I like the mSR flybar better for quicker cyclic response.
Hi Mick!
Yes, much quicker response with the MSR-Flybar, but it causes a slight TBE on my modded 9958. (Yet)

But there are a few parts waiting in the box:
CNC-aluminum-washplate
modded rotor blades with 2mm steel ball-joints ( to fit for the MSR bones)
MSR pushrod heads
Carbon main shaft

I think I get it done tomorrow - I'll give feedback here.
Mike

(BTW - I think I'll need a ticket to OZ soon - my wife opened the delivered box with the three helis while I was off to work...... Hmm if You buy 7 Helis within a month... I'm knee-deep in trouble.....)

Quick Reply