I made my reservation today. Thanks guys
makes 3 from the white north.

Cheers
T
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2010, 09:59 PM
Slope addict User

What plane to bring ?

So because it's my first time down to the event can I ask what plane to bring.

Here is the list I wanted to take with me:

Nemesis
Vector 3
Zaggy
Hades ( F3B version)

and I have some with a motor infront that I can certainly use on a slope

Capuccino
Volcano

I can also bring my good old spirit 2m... if they're is no wind.

What do you think, any advice ?

tks
Thierry
Jul 26, 2010, 09:07 AM
Thierry

just bring them all ( maybe the Zagi only as a transport cushion). Conditions can be variable based on my previous 4 attendances.

Cheers
Thomas
Jul 29, 2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiju000
So because it's my first time down to the event can I ask what plane to bring.

Here is the list I wanted to take with me:

Nemesis
Vector 3
Zaggy
Hades ( F3B version)

and I have some with a motor infront that I can certainly use on a slope

Capuccino
Volcano

I can also bring my good old spirit 2m... if they're is no wind.

What do you think, any advice ?

tks
Thierry
Thierry,
Don't discount the Zaggi. There are many of us who will be flying foam aircraft in addition to other types. See you there!
Fred
Jul 29, 2010, 03:57 PM
You'll need to check with the management as far as the Zagi goes. In years past they didn't allow them. For some of us, this is the only sight where we can fly our really big stuff and not worry about getting hit by one, thereby wrecking a multi-thousand $ sailplane.

You will need to bring something for every condition from dead calm to 40mph if we are lucky. Hope to see you there. George
Jul 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
Slope addict User
Thats fine for me regarding the Zaggy. I put the wing in the back of the truck and if I can not fly it it would have take the trip with us that's it

Well light wind.... mmm I have nothing in my list for that conditions, worst case I can try to thermal my electric Volcano.

See you there guys.

Thierry
Jul 29, 2010, 06:10 PM
"Will Slope For Food"
What is the story on not being able to fly a chevron wing at Soar Utah or other style foamie? I plan on bringing an arsenal of planes to the event from Foam PSS to 3 meter crunchy stuff and everything in between.

Shouldn't this thread be a sticky??

Steve
Jul 29, 2010, 06:43 PM
Slope addict User
come on guys I was just asking.

I don't want to have a war of any kind.

Thierry
Jul 29, 2010, 08:54 PM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
Thread OP
Bring everything you got. There will be a chance when like aircraft can get there time in.

The event coordinators will be switching it up to create the best experience for everyone based on the conditions we are dealt.

-Spencer-
Jul 30, 2010, 03:05 PM
Dean
Whats on the menu for friday and saturday evening meal on the mountain? Someone said sirloin, filet mignon, austrailian rock lobster tail and king crab. Not bad for $13 and $15!!!
Aug 04, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Friday evening will be Hot dogs/burgers meal and for the banquet dinner we are still waiting for the final quotes but it looks like it may be Hawaiian BBQ. Atleast that is my hope (ribs, chicken, steak, and all the sides).

-Spencer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR
Whats on the menu for friday and saturday evening meal on the mountain? Someone said sirloin, filet mignon, austrailian rock lobster tail and king crab. Not bad for $13 and $15!!!
Aug 04, 2010, 02:20 PM
Thread OP

IMSF Club Members Register for SU ASAP

Just a reminder that we need everyone in the IMSF club to go to www.soarutah.org and register their information. If you are planning to fly or help out then you must complete this ASAP.

Just put that you are a IMSF member in the notes.

PM or email me if you have any questions.

-Spencer-
Aug 09, 2010, 12:13 PM
Thread OP

Yard Work and Prep for Soar Utah

Since the winds were going to blow South all weekend long I decided to take the camper out there and try to do some Yard work in between flights (Bobby and Dan did the real work). South winds were awesome! We are finally starting to see those dominant South winds blowing all day long. Afternoon thermals were bringing ear to ear smiles with fully ballasted planes racing, diving and half piping.

The riding lawn mower broke down so all we could do was edging but there was plenty of it. The landing areas and flying areas are starting to look pretty good. They will all be freshly mowed and smoothed out so all those big planes can land without getting scratched.

We will have a nice trail along the lip of the hill so guys can walk from East to West end without kicking through any tall weeds.

There will also be area roped off as pits areas, with walkways to prevent planes being stepped on.

The large Tent near the parking area will be an added bonus to this years event. There should be plenty of shade for everyone to hang out and have a view of the hill.

-Spencer-
Last edited by deputybuzz; Aug 09, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
Aug 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
Thread OP

Banquet Dinner Menu

We just confirmed the Dinner for Saturday night banquet dinner and raffle. It will be Hawaiian BBQ with Teriyaki Chicken, Kalua Pork, Rice and Green Salad.

The dinner will be held in the Soar Utah Tent at Point of the Mountain. In case of bad weather there is an alternate location reserved which is much closer the slope then the Falcon Park location from years past.
Aug 15, 2010, 08:57 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
I'm sure looking forward to Soar Utah 2010

Guess I should get a plane or 2 ready.

Nick

Quick Reply