May 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah I wasn't clear. The tension at center is not exactly the same. I would expect them to have to be the same to be able to hold the rudder at center or else one side wins. But...that would happen no matter what direction you delfected. Like if the left side was tighter, then no matter how you flexed the surface, it would always favor that side. This favors the side that was last flexed. Granted, it's not a huge difference, but it's not something that happens on a push pull.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2012, 09:49 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
maiden today, what a sweet flying plane, just does exaclty what you ask of it. I could not be happier with it and I didn't even use the SFG's yet.
Congrat's Sheldon. I think I need another. Been without one for a year now.
They are great flying planes!

Cory
May 07, 2012, 08:30 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!

Got three flights last night on the 57 SC. Flew the Xoar 15x7 first and two with the Xoar 14x7. Going back to the 15 with a throttle curve. Too touchy without one on this motor, lots of torque. Really Barks!

Merged the clips from all three into one vid with soundtracs.

3DHS 57 EXTRA 330 SC - Walls! (6 min 15 sec)
May 07, 2012, 08:57 PM
Parkzone junkie
My 57 SC flies nothing like that, It is just not that responsive. Even on high rates set to 3dhs manual deflections I can not get the violent response unless I have speed entering. In the video I see slow flight into explosive yaw and tumbling.
My setup is:
Hacker A40-12S, Hacker X-70 amp ESC, Thunderpower 3900mAh 25C 4S pack, APC 15x8 prop, hitec 225s all around, CG set fingertips to the middle of wing tube.
Of note I could never get the motor to respond quickly. After MANY calls to aero-model(Hacker USA) I've got the ESC settings motor acceleration to low and it still has a VERY noticeable delay in static runs. At any setting above low the motor "cluncks" loses power then pulses a few times then jumps to full power.

-Brian
May 07, 2012, 09:15 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
My 57 SC flies nothing like that, It is just not that responsive. Even on high rates set to 3dhs manual deflections I can not get the violent response unless I have speed entering. In the video I see slow flight into explosive yaw and tumbling.
My setup is:
Hacker A40-12S, Hacker X-70 amp ESC, Thunderpower 3900mAh 25C 4S pack, APC 15x8 prop, hitec 225s all around, CG set fingertips to the middle of wing tube.
Of note I could never get the motor to respond quickly. After MANY calls to aero-model(Hacker USA) I've got the ESC settings motor acceleration to low and it still has a VERY noticeable delay in static runs. At any setting above low the motor "cluncks" loses power then pulses a few times then jumps to full power.

-Brian
Two Words.............

MOTROLFLY POWER!!!!

And I run an ICE 100 Lite.

Only running 4S 4000 20C Zippys too! Low timing, about a 5 on throttle sensitivity on the ICE. Around 1200 Watts on a Xoar 15x7 or Xoar 14x7.
May 07, 2012, 09:29 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Though I do like Hacker ESCs, they do not accelerate as fast as Castle ESCs...As Heritage said...try an ICE 100...

Also....While the Hacker A40-12S is a nice motor, for better power A Motrolfly DM4315-714 will definitely give you more power!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
May 07, 2012, 09:35 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Forgot to mention I'm running a Motrolfly 3625-709Kv Custom Wind.

If I were to replace it I would go with the 3620-750 or 709Kv Custom.
May 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer

Got three flights last night on the 57 SC. Flew the Xoar 15x7 first and two with the Xoar 14x7. Going back to the 15 with a throttle curve. Too touchy without one on this motor, lots of torque. Really Barks!

Merged the clips from all three into one vid with soundtracs.

http://vimeo.com/41741475
Heritage...what are your stick inputs for those tumbles at 3:02-10? any throttle?

Thanks!
May 07, 2012, 10:20 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Forgot to mention I'm running a Motrolfly 3625-709Kv Custom Wind.

If I were to replace it I would go with the 3620-750 or 709Kv Custom.
What kind of flight times you getting? I am seriously getting gas flight times out of the 3900s! I flew for 8 min of mixed acro/precision and when I plugged the battery in to charge it took 2600mAh. That is like 65% At that rate I could have flown a couple more min.

I'd love to try an ICE 100 on the plane but the only large ESC I have is the Hacker that is on the plane now. And I'm not in a financial position to spend another $100+ just to track down a problem. Bottom line it should work correctly the way it is and it just plain doesn't.

-Brian
May 07, 2012, 11:21 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
Motrolfy 3620-480kv on 6s with ICE 75 on a 15x8 and i have that kind of control if not a little more. this plane with just pain unleash if i give it any kind of power with any surface deflected.
May 08, 2012, 08:30 AM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
What kind of flight times you getting? I am seriously getting gas flight times out of the 3900s! I flew for 8 min of mixed acro/precision and when I plugged the battery in to charge it took 2600mAh. That is like 65% At that rate I could have flown a couple more min.

I'd love to try an ICE 100 on the plane but the only large ESC I have is the Hacker that is on the plane now. And I'm not in a financial position to spend another $100+ just to track down a problem. Bottom line it should work correctly the way it is and it just plain doesn't.

-Brian
I think my timer is on 5 minutes. I hammer on the throttle from time to time and the Verticals and any KE spinning would suck them down to 3.69/cell. That is one of my two year old packs.

If I flew just smoother big sky stuff, would go about 6.5 min. I quit risking anything past 5. I only fly 4 minute timers on the 48 sizes. Gives a buffer so you can hammer more.
May 08, 2012, 08:58 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome!
Heritage...what are your stick inputs for those tumbles at 3:02-10? any throttle?

Thanks!
Ok here's the main tumble I thought looked really cool. Flying inbound to myself at a pretty good clip. Then the Inputs were of an upright PopTop, which cut throttle abruptly as the rudder and elevator come in with aileron. Always trying to protect my 3625 magnets, so I get off the power on the violent stuff, plus they rotate faster with more revs.

In Slo Mo.....

Horizontal PopTop Tumble (0 min 14 sec)
May 08, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
I got to re-maiden my 57 today and get 6 flights on it! I love this plane! In my fleet it is only second to my 71. does everything well and almost feels like cheating when i can do rollers all day long 3 feet off the deck, even on the maiden. KE spins are amazing and make every other plane i have look like they are in slow motion. Once again i have my 57 back and life is good again. if you don't have one i highly suggest getting one next chance you get.
May 09, 2012, 12:27 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I have a red one....they fly the best!!!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
May 09, 2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Ok here's the main tumble I thought looked really cool. Flying inbound to myself at a pretty good clip. Then the Inputs were of an upright PopTop, which cut throttle abruptly as the rudder and elevator come in with aileron. Always trying to protect my 3625 magnets, so I get off the power on the violent stuff, plus they rotate faster with more revs.

In Slo Mo.....

http://vimeo.com/41816687

Above and beyond...but thanks!

Quick Reply