Jan 04, 2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmar
I got an email saying they got the shipment in and will be out in the next 3 days. Ordered grey camo originally and took advantage of free shipping offer they had. Pnp for $320 shipped is not that bad.
Really? I have been watching their site for a week and they still say they are backorderd...I just went through the checkout and it says backordered as well.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray
Really? I have been watching their site for a week and they still say they are backorderd...I just went through the checkout and it says backordered as well.
Right now, site add says ships in 1 to 3 days unless it's fake just to draw more buyers into buying game. It did happen before. I did use my paypal and CC funds so I won't let them fool me after let's say 01/15
Jan 04, 2012, 11:29 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Banana hobby posts 2x50a esc's on there website, but my box says 2x55a esc's. Lets hope they ain't cheating ppl.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Jan 04, 2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmar
Right now, site add says ships in 1 to 3 days unless it's fake just to draw more buyers into buying game. It did happen before. I did use my paypal and CC funds so I won't let them fool me after let's say 01/15
It changes when you check out...it then says late January shipping. Did you get a tracking number on your order already?
Jan 05, 2012, 08:44 AM
Lt Col, USAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray
It changes when you check out...it then says late January shipping. Did you get a tracking number on your order already?
I may be missing something but I don't see "late January" anywhere. It still says "early January" which would be in line with an arrival to their warehouse next week.

You're saying they've pushed it back further already? It wouldn't surprise me, I just haven't heard that yet.
Jan 05, 2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
I may be missing something but I don't see "late January" anywhere. It still says "early January" which would be in line with an arrival to their warehouse next week.

You're saying they've pushed it back further already? It wouldn't surprise me, I just haven't heard that yet.
no my mistake...you are correct. Though it appears you are still purchasing something out of stock or on backorder.
Jan 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
Banana hobby posts 2x50a esc's on there website, but my box says 2x55a esc's. Lets hope they ain't cheating ppl.
I'm going with my own ESCs but this is a concerning observation. The 3D systems are already hot and if they don't have separate BEC's to drive 11 servos, or even if they do, red lining the ESC/3000kv motor all the time at 50amps could be a problem for some. As you know, these ESC's don't just cut out, they keep burning up on ppl.
Lets hope its a typo.
Jan 05, 2012, 11:39 AM
Agreed Max that's why I go with my own esc's. Vendors usually put the minimum esc's in. If it isn't a typo 5a x 2 my not seem like a lot to some, but add in wire awg, length, & battery mah...no bueño. I'd say if you are gonna use these esc's think about adding a separate bec.
Jan 05, 2012, 01:26 PM
https://youtube.com/RC4ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
Small thing; it looks like you turned the centre channel vent around to exhaust rather than take air in.
I think it could be designed to work exactly that way. I mean, if you reverse the direction of the vents, it will create a lot of undesireable drag. By aerodynamic principles, the sheer air circulating above the vents will be sucking hot air out of the inside.

I guess maybe the air come inside the plane through these holes next to the gear door and go through the battery bay cooling it and then keeps flowing further back to exit through the ESCs vents. If you make the air enter the plane through this place you might be stoping the cool air flow instead of easying its way. Or maybe the ESC will be cooled better but won't have air circulating inside the battery bay.

Can anyone tell where are leading the conducts underneath those vents?

BTW, you are starting to scare the hell out of me with all that wire loss of power and need to upgrade ESCs talk.
Jan 05, 2012, 01:52 PM
I assumed the vents also pointed forward to draw in air rather than to exhaust air the same way Max pointed out. Now that you point out the intakes behind the nose wheel it would seem that the esc vent is ment to exhaust air rather then direct air, if those ducts lead directly into the esc bay or via battery bay to esc bay. That'll be one of the 1st things I check when I get home. Or maybe NS can confirm this since my plane isn't with me. I don't recall what direction the manual showed them facing but I'm positive it does. Both are credible arguments.
Last edited by v8truckin; Jan 05, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Jan 05, 2012, 02:05 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
OK. Here's my take. We have two RC-Castle version model meaning the drive systems were not in. So we have yet to see how a PnP is fully assembled.

V8s was actually installed in the reverse on his so either the factory is still trying to figure out which way to install it or one of them turned it around.

The fins curve out and have nothing inside meaning they are not set to catch air from the inside and funnel it out. But they can be designed to allow air out while allowing the passing outside slip stream air to be less turbulent.

Thing is I'm not sure where the ESC's are intended to go. NS declared the vent area the ESC access vent but this is likely not the case. The SU-34 like similar have the ESC in the channel nearer the motors. Like with the SU-34 it had a open area at the front of the channel to allow air to flow back to the ESC's mounted in the back. I'm guessing the same was setup here and that the SU-35 vent is actually made to capture air from outside in the slip stream, into the channel over the ESC's and then sucked over the motor wires into the duct. The Channel is slightly open to the duct so air is being pulled from the 6 slots over the batteries, down the channel and into the duct. This would max the belly vent just another way to pull more air into the channel. Not a great design so just like Jason's comment I'll be looking to get the ESC's exposed in the ducts.
Jan 05, 2012, 03:37 PM
Throttle Bender
BH updated my order to "will ship in 2 or 3 days". No tracking number yet.
Jan 05, 2012, 04:48 PM

ESC thoughts

Hi there,

just a little guess here: I think that the 50A ESCs will be too weak or at least risky. Why?
  • The fans in the Su-35 will likely be the same as in the SebArt MiG-29 3D (counter-rotating Freewing 70mm fans).
  • In the SebArt, with the blue-coloured 4S outrunners, they draw 120-130A, per motor 60-65A. I measured 120A plus myself, using 45C batteries.
  • If the Su-35 really has 3kgs of thrust, than she'll need at least 20% more power than the SebArt, which is specified at 2,5kg thrust (and the SebArt has a lot more cheater holes).
  • That means that the Su-35 will probably pull a current of (120A to 130A) / 6S * 4S * 120% = 96-104A. For that, two 50A ESCs will be a close call.

Cheers,
Henrik
Jan 05, 2012, 05:13 PM
Throttle Bender
25 volts x 100 amps is 2500 watts. I can only wish that the stock setup was that powerful. That would be fun.
Jan 05, 2012, 05:25 PM
Wonder what the stock motors are rated @ amp wise?

Quick Reply