Feb 28, 2013, 02:28 PM
More Combat Please!
FPVMODELS,

If I make an order today for your YUN-1 pre-order, how soon until they will be shipped?
I'm ready to buy, I just need to know how far out your ship date is.

Also, your first video has serious horizon tilt problems, but the pitch looks fantastic. That suggests to me that the tilt is just a matter of tuning (hopefully).
Are you going to have any more videos up between now and March 4th that prove you have got the horizon tilt issue fixed?

Regards,

Todd
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2013, 03:05 PM
Hey fpvmodels, what is your excuse for not making another demo video by now? Chinese New Year is over. It wouldn't take you more than an hour to do. Everyone is beginning to lose confidence in you if they havnt lost it already. I see you had time to make a video about you gigantic octo for sale which surely will not make you as much money as a revolutionary gimbal will. The only conclusion I can come up with is that your gimbal is of very low quality and you cannot fix the issues from your last video. Is this correct? I'd love for you to prove me wrong. You guys are really blowing it right now. You had the potential to have a huge success with this product and all you had to do was show some basic customer support to show us that you're not just another Chinese scam artist.
Feb 28, 2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I've received my refund from FPV model.
Feb 28, 2013, 03:32 PM
Pants first, then shoes
You are assuming an awful lot based on the fact there hasnt been another video made.
Would hate to see you on a jury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by importon
Hey fpvmodels, what is your excuse for not making another demo video by now? Chinese New Year is over. It wouldn't take you more than an hour to do. Everyone is beginning to lose confidence in you if they havnt lost it already. I see you had time to make a video about you gigantic octo for sale which surely will not make you as much money as a revolutionary gimbal will. The only conclusion I can come up with is that your gimbal is of very low quality and you cannot fix the issues from your last video. Is this correct? I'd love for you to prove me wrong. You guys are really blowing it right now. You had the potential to have a huge success with this product and all you had to do was show some basic customer support to show us that you're not just another Chinese scam artist.
Feb 28, 2013, 05:01 PM
SkyHi Aerial
Ya, the video didn't look like a poorly made gimbal. It looked like poor settings put into the Alexmos controller. My guess is some guys are going to get some beta versions soon and will post some videos (I hope).
Feb 28, 2013, 06:04 PM
I just notice that FPV model is live on the chines RC 5imx main forums.
So it seems they are a very legit company.

click here 5imx
Feb 28, 2013, 06:45 PM
video of yun 1 from Chinese tester i think. pulled from 5imx

http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...MjQyNjA0/v.swf

http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...MjgzOTQw/v.swf

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTAzMjY0Nzk2.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTEyMzA0ODg4.html

check this link out GH2 baby
job done its coming
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA5Nzk3NjI4.html
Last edited by hexa; Feb 28, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
Feb 28, 2013, 06:58 PM
Really nice! Can't wait to get it. Hopefully soon!
Feb 28, 2013, 07:02 PM
AMA 697691 / FAA 13675
hexa,

Thanks for the video links! I would never have thought to have looked on those sites so that is a great job!
Mar 01, 2013, 04:04 AM
ohh dude that is so frreaking cool... I think I might invest in a nice Hex for this GH2 or nex5 gimbal ... hurry uuuup hahah
Mar 01, 2013, 06:16 AM
I've had some e-mail correspondence with Max at FPV and following an "interesting" exchange, we seem to be on a good footing. They have said that they want me to beta test one of the gimbals of which I would be most happy to do and offer them very genuine and honest feedback so I am currently awaiting contact from them to confirm when that will arrive. As an aside, my 30 day Paypal protection expires tomorrow and I have taken a personal decision not to raise a query based on the contact from FPV. I hope my faith and trust is well placed and have no reason to suggest otherwise at the moment.
Thanks also for posting the other videos, it sure does look good.
Mar 01, 2013, 07:56 AM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
The BETA Units are supposed to ship out next week. It will be not be a completely finished unit. Something about the controller case and packaging......

I'm curious, as to how many people are supposed to receive the "BETA" Units....?
Mar 01, 2013, 08:03 AM
No idea, but FPV appear very confident they have it ready (short of the components you mentioned i.e. controller box and final packaging) so the beta might just be a final check/sign-off measure I guess??
Mar 01, 2013, 08:17 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001
The BETA Units are supposed to ship out next week. It will be not be a completely finished unit. Something about the controller case and packaging......

I'm curious, as to how many people are supposed to receive the "BETA" Units....?
right here
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mar 01, 2013, 12:43 PM
More Combat Please!
I caved and placed an order. Dang that March 4th deadline! Haha.

Can't wait to give it a whirl. Maidened the Y6 yesterday that it's going on. Flies great, now it just needs a sweeeeeeet gimbal.

As soon as I get mine, I'll be customizing it to hold two Hero3's without cases as a 3D gimbal platform. The weight of two Hero3's without cases is about the same as a hero3 in it's case, or roughly 175 grams. I figure if I add 25 grams in extension material, it should be within the tolerances of the motor's 200 gram capability. Just a matter of getting the balance right.

I've been filming in 3D with my current x650 gimbal over the past month, and it's super cool, albiet time consuming in the editing and management of two data streams. But the X650 gimbal sucks big time. It's almost not even worth using. I'm lucky if 20% of the footage is usable. These DDG gimbals are gonna change the entire industry... right in time for our lovely lawmakers to make it illegal to own or fly them.

I sure hope I get a few months of good fly time with it before I'll be labeled a criminal for taking nice aerial videos of nature.
USA is becoming the worlds newest communist country!

Man I wish I was on the beta. Sucks having the skills and not the tools. I keep telling myself to just be patient, it'll all work out and I'll probably get a better product, but I'm incredibly anxious with these new laws looming on the horizon.

Quick Reply