Jun 15, 2011, 01:57 PM
Klique does the Zeph use its own I mean yours specially design top secret airfoil design or does it use one of the standard airfoils...Just curious...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
I have seen issues with every series of spectrum and dsm.

I wouldnt fly it if you gave it to me for free.
I love my xps and how do you beat a 29.00 rx that you can fly full range in just about anything???

XPS will have their new tx coming out soon also,I like the hitec too ,but it has not ben around long enough for me to feel warm and fuzzy about, plus their rx's are not as cheap.

XPS makes a modual for the hitec that works with telemetry .
I saw Trams Demon at seff sign off and go into the crowd on DSM.

No Radio systems are perfect , but jr and spectrum would not exist in my lineup.

These are my opinions after seeing and hearing the tons of issues when I am flying all over the states.
Anyone who wants to get rid of their spektrum or Jr DSM rx I would gladly take it off their hands
Four years and thousands of flights on 20 diffrent planes never a lock out or problem with Spektrum. Over 200 flights on my TL50 with AR6200 never even one glitch.
Jun 15, 2011, 06:16 PM
Mum is the word!
Untill you go fly where there is more than 10 other radios on the same gear.
Jun 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
hmph!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Hooper
Anyone who wants to get rid of their spektrum or Jr DSM rx I would gladly take it off their hands
Four years and thousands of flights on 20 diffrent planes never a lock out or problem with Spektrum. Over 200 flights on my TL50 with AR6200 never even one glitch.
lol- some guys have all the luck.
Jun 15, 2011, 07:21 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
I'm not ready to bail just yet but one more lockout and I am done. I had one a year ago on a cheap foamie but it was with one of the ten dollar hobby king rx's so I can't say for sure it was a spektrum issue. That time it relinked and I landed the plane safely.
Jun 15, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mum is the word!
Yes one more rite into a crowd,lol
Or your head,lol
Last edited by klique; Jun 15, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
Jun 15, 2011, 07:47 PM
hmph!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance
I'm not ready to bail just yet but one more lockout and I am done. I had one a year ago on a cheap foamie but it was with one of the ten dollar hobby king rx's so I can't say for sure it was a spektrum issue. That time it relinked and I landed the plane safely.
That sounds like brown out. I've seen plenty of those to. This is turning into another tx debate thread so I'll shut it now.
Jun 15, 2011, 08:26 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Untill you go fly where there is more than 10 other radios on the same gear.
That won't be happening anytime soon. I live and fly in a small hick town.
I think you big city dudes have some strange interference with all that hustle and bustle going on.

Traffic Time Lapse Downtown LA, DC (0 min 48 sec)
Jun 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
resU deretsigeR
CK sold me on the XPS and i have never looked back on anything ove 2lbs and over 40 mph.... The xps just works right and that is in a hitec tx with xps module...

Im happy and have had not real issues (1 my fault) picked a dead rx pack
Jun 16, 2011, 05:52 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
the worrying thing is spektrum openly admit DSM2 will fail when around too much other DSM2. so now they have DSMX... thanks for nothing spektrum. the point of going to 2.4 is supposed to be its bulletproof! not, "oh people fly at their club!? oh noe! lockout!"

luckily i fly solo. so i dont need to bin my DX7. and having to use AR7000's means 100 bucks for every rx
Jun 16, 2011, 08:21 AM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85
the worrying thing is spektrum openly admit DSM2 will fail when around too much other DSM2. so now they have DSMX... thanks for nothing spektrum. the point of going to 2.4 is supposed to be its bulletproof! not, "oh people fly at their club!? oh noe! lockout!"

luckily i fly solo. so i dont need to bin my DX7. and having to use AR7000's means 100 bucks for every rx
Nothings bulletproof! not even a bulletproof vest.
Jun 16, 2011, 08:57 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.b. Hooper
nothings bulletproof! Not even a bulletproof vest.
blasphemy
Jun 16, 2011, 09:45 AM
hmph!
Every thread is becoming a transmitter rant thread. I need a "yawn" smiley.
Jun 16, 2011, 01:43 PM
brosius85,

At Joe Nall 2010 about 70 identical Park Zone T28 2.4 GHz planes went up at same time to demonstrate that there will be no issues....and to see who would be the last one in the air.

I'm not worried about being around too many other DSM2 transmitters.

Lots of head on crashes...watch them drop one at a time.

100 R/C T28 flying Joe Nall (7 min 20 sec)

Gryphon
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Jun 16, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
Jun 16, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mum is the word!
I was there at that t 28 event and saw a few that just signed off and kept flying, one had went over by the lake and crashed .

I talked to the guy who crashed by the lake and he said it just signed off, he said he was glad it was foam.

Ask Tram what its like when it signs out over 120 mph ,his did and went into the spectators.

Ck

Quick Reply