May 07, 2012, 09:00 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, that is correct. The transmitter will have all of the same functions that the XDP (and its various PC software) can provide.
Some of the features are not necessarily breath taking, but very close.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2012, 11:34 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
XDP'ing other XPS products is awesome... but having it be a field programmer for things like CastleLink and such will be epic. I'd take these features over a camera to take pics of the model any day...
May 07, 2012, 11:52 AM
--With 1 million model memory, will it have a search function?
May 07, 2012, 12:05 PM
How far are we from having an Android, or similar operating system powering a radio? Android and others have great voice recognition software. Search or even model change could be done by verbal command. Probably add a bit to the cost.
May 07, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse
Actually, there is no search option. I don't expect people to have THAT many models, but perhaps a search function is not a bad idea.
May 07, 2012, 12:27 PM
House of Paine
Is the "model select" feature still going to be there? No need to search for the correct model if the radio just picks the correct one for you Yes, I realize you would still need to manually select a model and perhaps have a search, but that feature is way cool!
May 07, 2012, 01:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42
Is the "model select" feature still going to be there? No need to search for the correct model if the radio just picks the correct one for you Yes, I realize you would still need to manually select a model and perhaps have a search, but that feature is way cool!
ah, that's right! the "you turned on a different plane do you want to change to it?" deal. nice.
May 07, 2012, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Yes, that is still there. That does a search on the MAC address.
May 07, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse
How about the ability to create a folder structure on the sd card to store the models. Could have folders for electric, 3d, heli, glow, bnf, glider, and so on. Also having the models stored alphabetically instead of by position would make it easier to find unlike my 9c
May 07, 2012, 03:11 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Actually, there is no search option. I don't expect people to have THAT many models, but perhaps a search function is not a bad idea.
You have met me, right?

Pat
May 07, 2012, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Yes, Pat. Not even you are going to have a million models... perhaps just 10,000 or so.

There is a directory structure for the SD-media card. I have been fighting with that for weeks. I am just about ready to give up on long filenames.
May 07, 2012, 05:06 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
I reckon that first revision can happily be 8.3
May 07, 2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
hi jim, maybe do an alpha sort after each new addition to the model table
May 07, 2012, 05:21 PM
Thread OP
With limited available memory, doing a sort of files is something that might actually be impossible to do. I would have to write code that reorganized the FAT table after every model that was created. After so many models, there would not be enough memory available to hold the filenames while the data was relocated. A PC side program could do this though.
May 07, 2012, 06:10 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
I somewhat try to group models by type and that helps finding the right one. Right now I have ritewings 1-8, Superflys 9-14, Helis 15-18, flat foamies 18-22, ultra stcks and 3d planes 23-27 and a bunch or random crap 28-36. I am almost ready to get a label maker and just print off the model number of each plane and stick it on them to simplify things.

Quick Reply