Nov 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hi there,
When I switch the altitute hold on my bumble bee, it keep climing. Any suggestion?
Thanks,
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2012, 11:17 AM

bumblebee clicking sound in the moter or esc

bumblebee clicking sound in the moter or esc,I put diffrent moters on and no more clicking sound wow the ones that came with the bumblebee must be trash
Nov 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
TallguysRC
Clicking motors UGH! bad windings on cheap motors is a killer. Im lucking I have a stock BB and all I have done is balanced the stock props and it seems to fly great.
Nov 18, 2012, 07:23 AM
I have had three stock props break just spinning up the motors. I haven't even flown it yet. Has anyone found a replacement prop that works well. Thanks.
Nov 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
My stock BB flies fine after dozens of flights!
Nov 18, 2012, 11:13 AM

bumblebee junk props broke

bumblebee junk props broke are there any good replacements ,check thows bullet connecters there loose as well ,that might of been why my stock moters where clicking put some emax moters on it http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMAX-Multi-c...item20cb71bfd6
Nov 22, 2012, 06:14 AM

HK Bumble Bee Motors & Turnigy 30A ESC

Hi guys,

The four motors in my BB all spin up at different rates when i advance the throttle slowly.

When I back off to idle again only one stop two stop after a few seconds and one keep turning. (have to stop it by hand.

I have done the following:
1. set the endpoints of each motor and ESC individually using radio and TX
2. I am using a MultiWii Pro Mini controller and subsequently also uses the software option to set the endpoints.

Should I:
-try to change the combinations ESC vs motor and calibrate motors individually again?
- new motors
-new ESC's
new motors and ESC's

Any usefull ideas welcome!https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/imag...es/popcorn.gif
new motors& esc
Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 PM

New Bumblebee 450

I just picked up a Bumblebee 450 kit off of amazon from a Dealectreme4u. The promo indicated all I needed was a battery, receiver and transmitter to complete the kit and go flying.

Unfortunately I found that I needed a way to connect the 4 ESC's to the battery as well as a way to mount my KK flight board since the holes don't line up and there wasn't any nylon hardware. The kit also came with a less then detailed manual.

Does anyone have some suggestions as to how the KK board is mounted?
Dec 05, 2012, 11:26 PM

Need some help

Hello all. I just purchased a Bumblebee Quad and found that my kit did not come with the flight controller program CD . Is there someone here that can make me a copy or sell me theirs or let me use it for a day to set up my quad. Thank you so much John McLean
Dec 05, 2012, 11:50 PM
TallguysRC
I just got the New GoPro Hero3 Black Edition here is one of the first videos
from my BumbleBee Quad filmed at 1080p 60fps in narrow mode to remove the fish eye look
amazing video.

youtube version
Raw 1080p Video GoPro Hero3 Black Edition (5 min 11 sec)

Vimeo version
GoPro Hero3 Black Edition 1080P 60fps (4 min 24 sec)
Dec 13, 2012, 09:13 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Hi, I'm thinking of getting the bumblebee dome cover and rigging it to my tricopter. How does the cover attach to the frame? could someone shot a few pictures of the underside of the cover and post them. I like the Vader look. Thanks for your help and insight.
H
Dec 14, 2012, 12:52 AM
TallguysRC
Looking for Bumblebee parts start shopping at HeliHobby.com they have Bumblebee parts and accessories for sale and ship fast in the USA.
Jan 16, 2013, 08:03 PM
Hey All. New to the forum. Just pulled the trigger on the bumblebee. I was looking at the dji phantom but I really wanted something that could lift a camcorder with image stabilization. I'm somewhat new to multirotors but not to RC. I've been a AMA member since 1998. I used to fly my 1/4 piper cub with floats off the Hudson river here in NY. I've been practicing with the $35 Syma X1 quad from Amazon (which is a blast and indestructible!) so I have all the basics pretty well under control and I'm getting good at high speeds and with flips and rolls. Not that I'll be flying the bumble like that.
I own a video production business so I'm planning on using this to get some good shots. I can't be bothered with correcting jello and there is just too much barrel distortion on gopros. Not to mention the horrible video compression. Like I said I like the features of the DJI Phantom but not the limited payload, so I decided to put them into the Bumblebee. I know the hobbylord FC is a Naza OEM but I didn't want to wait for GPS and gimbal update (if it ever comes) so here is my build, everything is new. I had about $450 in Amazon gift cards to burn.
Let me know what you think.

-Bumblebee 550 Kit (from Amazon, Motors and ESCs only) $229

-Turnigy 9X without Module $58
(from Hobbyking. US warehouse didn't have the 9XR or 9X w/Module in stock)

-Corona 2.4GHz Module & Rx (from Hobbyking US) $38

-Naza-M (from Ebay) $230

-Naza GPS Module (from Amazon) $169

- 4 x Turnigy AE-20A Brushless ESC
(I wanted the 25A Plush but Hobbyking US didnt have them in stock and I saw a youtube video that said the hobbylord ESC won't work with Naza...which I found interesting.) $9 each, $36 total

- 4 x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3s 35~70 (from Hobbyking) $42 each $84 total

- Tenergy TB6-B Balancing Charger (from Amazon) $40

- 3 x Positive Props 2pcs (from Alpress/alibaba.com, everyone else seems to be out of stock. HongKong Post Air Parcel Delivery Time 15-26 days)

- 3 x Negative Props 2pcs $22 plus $16 shipping. 12 props $38 total

- 2 x 2mm Gold bullet connectors 20pcs (from Hobbyking) $2 each $4 total

- 4mm Gold bullet connectors 20pcs (from Hobbyking) $3

- M3 Flat Nylon Washers 100pcs (from Amazon) $2

- Hot 12in1 Flight Sim Cable/USB Dongle (from Amazon) $7

- Medium Strength Thread Lock $4 (from Amazon)

- Extreme accuracy Prop/Rotor balancer (from hobbyking) $16

- Turnigy R/C LED Lighting System (from Hobbyking) $8

- Turnigy High Intensity R/C LED Flexible Strip-White 1mtr (from Hobbyking) $6

I think that about covers it. The total shipping charge from Hobbyking was about $22 UPS Ground. I am an Amazon prime member so I got most of the stuff from there shipped for free. The total shipping charge for Amazon was about $15.

Also, if you hang out on a Hobbyking product page for a few minutes a window will pop up offering you the product at a discount. A very effective sales tactic. So I saved a few bucks there. Maybe $15 or $20. The prices above are the orginal prices. Hobbyking didn't itemize the product cost so I do know the exact discounts I received.

So about $1000 total for a RTF Bumble kit with Naza GPS and some extras. Minus $450 in Amazon gift cards. $550 out of pocket. Not too bad and a much better platform for aerial video. When I upgrade to a Hex I can take the Naza and radio system with me.

Things for me to keep in mind for the build:
-The motor mount bolt issue. Which I should be able to correct with the nylon washers.
-Properly calibrate Naza and ESUs, which I'll probably need some help with.
-Camera mount. Maybe gimbal.

Please let me know if there is anything I missing. And I'll have 4 Bumblebee/hobbylord ESCs for sale next week if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Jan 16, 2013, 09:29 PM
TallguysRC
Looks good. strange the Hobby lord Esc's as you know don't work with the naza I found out that myself before I read it online also. Im playing with the naza on another quad to get it all dialed in then I might upgrade my Bumble bee also, as I want to gimble setup for a 2 axis camera setup that I saw at the AMA show this year. keep us posted.
Jan 16, 2013, 11:04 PM
Do you have a link for the gimbal you're referring to? I looked at the gimbal for the bumblebee but it doesn't correct for roll. It's a single pitch axis :/

Quick Reply