Dec 04, 2012, 11:01 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
That makes sense, also another thing to watch out for is when using telemetry with a NON Date Ready receiver. Some of these and some of the time will cause the TM unit to go into bind mode, it's recommended to remove the signal wire if this is the case.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 12:32 PM
What is the biggest SD card the DX8 will take, does it make any sense to go over 16GB?

Thank you!
Dec 05, 2012, 12:53 PM
DJI Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2
What is the biggest SD card the DX8 will take, does it make any sense to go over 16GB?

Thank you!
The only way you'd fill a 16GB memory card is if you owned Tower Hobbies, Hobby King, and Horizon Hobby and programmed their entire inventories into your radio.
Dec 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
The only way you'd fill a 16GB memory card is if you owned Tower Hobbies, Hobby King, and Horizon Hobby and programmed their entire inventories into your radio.
I don't think that would do it. At about 15k per model file, it would hold over a million models.

Although, if you are going to do telemetry and save the log files, it would make sense to get a big card.
Dec 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Yea, but I do Record all telemetry data every time I fly. Have yet to look and see how big the files are. Might last another 5 years.

KKKKFL
Dec 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:

Thank you!
128M is plenty.

The advantage of the large cards (largest I've used is a 32g card) is that the larger allocation units are easier to keep up with when logging telemetry in a DX8.

Andy
Dec 05, 2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly
Yea, but I do Record all telemetry data every time I fly. Have yet to look and see how big the files are. Might last another 5 years.

KKKKFL
I think it keeps re-writing over the file unless you change the name. It would be nice if the software would increment the file name each time you start a model.
Dec 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
It just adds to the file. When you view it using the STI app all the flights are logged.
Dec 06, 2012, 09:40 AM
All,

I'm going to be doing the 2.06 update and have a couple of questions. When I do the update I should say "yes" to all the converting? Once the update is complete, do I then need to go back and make corrections on the models that were converted? Thanks.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:15 AM
I have a DX8 with the Nimh battery pack which is indicating 5.5V fully charged, is 5.5V the correct fully charged number?

Thank you.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH
All, I'm going to be doing the 2.06 update and have a couple of questions. When I do the update I should say "yes" to all the converting? Once the update is complete, do I then need to go back and make corrections on the models that were converted? Thanks.
If you are coming from 2.05 and made the corrections already you select "NO". if you are coming from an earlier version and or haven't made any corrections manualy then select "YES"
Dec 06, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
I have a DX8 with the Nimh battery pack which is indicating 5.5V fully charged, is 5.5V the correct fully charged number?

Thank you.
How do you know it's fully charged? 5.5V sounds about right considering there is an acceptable tolerance from the manufacturer on the voltage being displayed and the actual batt voltage.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
How do you know it's fully charged? 5.5V sounds about right considering there is an acceptable tolerance from the manufacturer on the voltage being displayed and the actual batt voltage.
After two days of being hooked up to the factory charger for the initial charge I got the 5.5V reading, is this correct or should I be concerned?
Dec 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
If you are coming from 2.05 and made the corrections already you select "NO". if you are coming from an earlier version and or haven't made any corrections manualy then select "YES"
Thanks, I currently have 2.04. One more question, what do you mean when you say "haven't made any corrections manually"? Do you mean servo reversing or sub trim adjustments?
Dec 06, 2012, 10:41 AM
Since you're on 2.04, it's super easy.

Just let it do it automatically all the time.

Andy

Quick Reply