Apr 21, 2012, 12:15 PM

Help!!!!

I have been using a 10S charger for 2 or 3 years now and no problems. Today I got my NEW 10XP and MPA.

Questions:
1) What Preset do you use, or what do you change one to?

2) I have it charging I think but all I see are readings for CH1. Is this correct?

By the way I do have the usb hookup and software.

Hitech
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2012, 10:12 AM
Southern Pride
1 Depends on the battery being charged.
2 Display depends if Preset is set for a Single Lui battery or two in series is selected. Series Display here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=33

Charles
Apr 22, 2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
1 Depends on the battery being charged.
2 Display depends if Preset is set for a Single Lui battery or two in series is selected. Series Display here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=33

Charles

The questions I am asking pertain to using FMA's MPA. Are the Display pictures done using an MPA? I understand using the 10XP by itself it is using th 10XP with an MPA I am not familiar with.

Thanks for your reply though.
Apr 22, 2012, 11:40 AM
Southern Pride
Quote:
Are the Display pictures done using an MPA?
No they are not as I beta tested this charger and posted those long before they developed the MPA.

MPA places the LiPolys in parallel and thus the charger's display will be of a single X cells battery.

I have no idea of the number of cells in your LiPolys, their mAh capacity or whaat C rate you desire to charge them at or what charge rate they are capable of.

A great thread on parallel charging.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=parallel

Charles
Apr 22, 2012, 12:58 PM
I figured out my second question but I need to know if I make the preset I use like the Default Preset 1 (Single Chanel one pack of 1s - 10s) or do I set it to Dual Channel??
Apr 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech1
I figured out my second question but I need to know if I make the preset I use like the Default Preset 1 (Single Chanel one pack of 1s - 10s) or do I set it to Dual Channel??
Dual channel is used if you are charging two different packs, 5s or below, one each connected its own channel. As Charles said, the MPA puts all packs in parallel. This means the charger would only see 1 battery regardless of how many are actually connected to the MPA. So the preset for use with one MPA is to single.
Apr 22, 2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99
Dual channel is used if you are charging two different packs, 5s or below, one each connected its own channel. As Charles said, the MPA puts all packs in parallel. This means the charger would only see 1 battery regardless of how many are actually connected to the MPA. So the preset for use with one MPA is to single.
Thanks for that answer it is what I needed to know!!!
Apr 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
OK, I ran into another anomaly besides the 'low' storage voltage settings.

I just received my new varialbe 10-24V power supply. When I start a 5A charge on my 10S packs at 24V input to the 10XP, I get a message that says 'Power supply less than 24.4 volts'. The charge starts and continues fine but the warning message is clearly wrong. I tried gradually lowering the voltage (power supply has variable voltage output) and even down at 20V, the warning message still appears when I start a charge.

Thanks
Don
Apr 30, 2012, 11:26 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonA
OK, I ran into another anomaly besides the 'low' storage voltage settings.

I just received my new varialbe 10-24V power supply. When I start a 5A charge on my 10S packs at 24V input to the 10XP, I get a message that says 'Power supply less than 24.4 volts'. The charge starts and continues fine but the warning message is clearly wrong. I tried gradually lowering the voltage (power supply has variable voltage output) and even down at 20V, the warning message still appears when I start a charge.

Thanks
Don
Hi:

This warning is correct because the 10XP thinks you have 2 12v Pb batteries connected in series as your input supply. It's letting you know that the "batteries" it thinks are powering the unit are below 50% state of charge. Are you running the Charge Control Software? If so, you may disable this warning as follows:

1) Fire up the CCS and get it connected to the 10XP.
2) Click the Supply tab
3) Remove the check in the checkbox for "Warn 50% DOD"

Or you can simply ignore this message.

Tim Marks
May 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks Tim, I am using CCS and will disable the warning, I never power the 10XP with pb batteries.

Don
Jun 04, 2012, 07:13 AM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
Guys, looks like they made a copy of the 10xp

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Charger.html
Jun 04, 2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty

In the discussion an HK admin claims it is a re-brand rather than a clone. I'm seeing it being $30 USD cheaper, but if it doesn't come with FMA support and warranty service it's just not worth it.
Jun 07, 2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty

Where? I can't seem to find it... I can only see the 10s
Jun 07, 2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
Where? I can't seem to find it... I can only see the 10s
It doesn't appear to be offered at the moment.
HobbyKing Daily - Turnigy 10s 600w Charger (2 min 26 sec)
Jun 11, 2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732
It doesn't appear to be offered at the moment.
It is available again. However, note that it is listed as 400W and 10A so it isn't exactly the same as a CellPro 10XP. The manual has been posted as well which corroborates the change in spec.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21826

Quick Reply