Oct 09, 2012, 12:54 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Tom's Waco:

1/5 scale Waco YMF - BEST 2012 (2 min 52 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 01:42 PM

Best 2012

I havent been on this forum for a while, but I did attend the 2012 best fun fly in New Waverly this past Saturday. I was the guy that flew the only scale electric helicopter of the meet which was the Hirobo Lama Sa-315. there is a picture of it with me flying it on this discussion a few pages back. Also I was the one with the biggest plane there at 16 feet which was the ASH-26 modern scale German glider launched with a home built dolly. I was wondering if anyone captured either some pictures or a flight video of this big bird? If so, who ever you are can you please post pictures or even better a flight video ,if you have one.

Many thanks,
Mike
Oct 09, 2012, 05:52 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade47
I havent been on this forum for a while, but I did attend the 2012 best fun fly in New Waverly this past Saturday. I was the guy that flew the only scale electric helicopter of the meet which was the Hirobo Lama Sa-315. there is a picture of it with me flying it on this discussion a few pages back. Also I was the one with the biggest plane there at 16 feet which was the ASH-26 modern scale German glider launched with a home built dolly. I was wondering if anyone captured either some pictures or a flight video of this big bird? If so, who ever you are can you please post pictures or even better a flight video ,if you have one.

Many thanks,
Mike
Typically, there are more criteria for the biggest model at an event like this than which one has the largest wingspan. Otherwise, a large glider would be a shoo in ...

At my meet, I select the biggest electric by taking the wingspan in feet and multiplying by the weight in pounds. That evens the field between very large gliders and very large power models.

I did enjoy seeing your large ASH-26 fly....lovely.
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Oct 09, 2012, 10:30 PM
Terry Dunn
I've started uploading the B-17 video. It isn't done loading just yet but I gotta get in bed. I'm still pooped from the weekend. The link should be up and rolling soon:

B-17s at BEST 2012 (0 min 0 sec)
Oct 09, 2012, 10:59 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_man
I've started uploading the B-17 video. It isn't done loading just yet but I gotta get in bed. I'm still pooped from the weekend. The link should be up and rolling soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEgh-...ature=youtu.be
Thanks for the hard work!. I will second the pooped out thing..I am still pooped as well...
Oct 10, 2012, 06:52 AM
Livin ta fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
No one took a pic of the most beautiful plane there????

Too bad I sold my Orange 71" Slick. Damn that thing was sexy.
I did better and took it home. LOL
Oct 10, 2012, 06:55 AM
Livin ta fly
Anybody know what the total pilot count was?
Oct 10, 2012, 08:02 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkx38
Anybody know what the total pilot count was?
I believe we had 68 registered pilots.
Oct 10, 2012, 08:30 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
Nice job, Lee.....thanks!
Oct 10, 2012, 08:36 AM

Ash-26

IF anyone has pictures or a video of this bird please post them on here. The big powered glider at the meet.
Thanks Mike
Oct 10, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks Thomas B, I dont fly it too often and do try to fly at events such as best
Oct 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
Terry Dunn
Here's a short video of Kirk and Lee flying their Twinstars in the early Sunday gloom.

Twinstars at BEST 2012 (1 min 44 sec)
Oct 10, 2012, 08:32 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_man
Here's a short video of Kirk and Lee flying their Twinstars in the early Sunday gloom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epm2AbCAe3k
Love it! Thanks for taking the video for us.
Oct 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Terry's cool Parallax V2 in action.

Terry's Parallax V2 (2 min 18 sec)
Oct 14, 2012, 07:30 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Video from my Sony HD camcorder and new GoPro Hero2. Enjoy.

BEST 2012 - Electric RC Airshow in New Waverly, Texas (4 min 49 sec)

Quick Reply