Apr 20, 2012, 12:43 PM
nph
nph
Thread OP
Discussion

Where to buy High start rubber

I saw Hyperflight in the UK are selling a small High Start Rubber kit. But I would like to buy it here in the US to reduce freight etc.
Any suggestion on where I can find it?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
The Best.
Hosemonster

http://www.aerofoam.com/products.htm
Apr 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
We use Thera Band. Simply buy the thickness you like best. It readily available and same material as EMC-Vega Megarubber (the best stuff).
Apr 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
-----
Where do you buy Thera Band?
Apr 20, 2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1
Where do you buy Thera Band?
Is is sport equipment. Just use google and by from the most convenient retailer. Very easy to get.
Apr 20, 2012, 10:13 PM
Mark Mech is THE source for high performance histarts. I just got one from him and I am very impressed with the quality of the materials. Worth every penny to have a complete histart show up in the mail.
Apr 21, 2012, 06:43 AM
Dark Side of the Red Merle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls
I'll 2nd, 3rd and 4th Hosemonster! I've had one for over 15 years and still going strong!

Curtis
Apr 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
absolutely! Hosemonster at aerofoam rocks - ill put thier product up against theraband in a life span contest - the aero product is designed with UV inhibitors - leave em both in the sun for a few seasons and compare.
Apr 21, 2012, 09:20 AM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
Is is sport equipment. Just use google and by from the most convenient retailer. Very easy to get.
Thanks Tuomo. I had a look, not that many suppliers to Ireland, and not cheap. But good latex rubber is probably never cheap I guess.
Apr 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
Hosemonster at aerofoam rocks .
That's fine, but I wouldn't like to be asked on the field which make of rubber I'm using !
Apr 21, 2012, 11:34 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Quote:
That's fine, but I wouldn't like to be asked on the field which make of rubber I'm using !
I think that depends who is asking you does it not? I got asked that question at the SWC this year and I guess she liked my answer...see picture
May 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
I used to recommend the Pinnacle Hi-starts from NESailplane, but since they closed, Hosemonster is getting my recommendations.

http://www.aerofoam.com/highstarts-bungees.htm

Hobby-Lobby's rubber has gotten good recommendations in the past as well.
http://search2.hobby-lobby.com/psear...d=2&q=hi-start
May 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
-----
I went with Hosemonster, and I was very happy with the service I got from Mark.
May 15, 2012, 03:58 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
FWIW, we did a pull test on the 3 meter rubber. At 3X stretch we were getting 19 pounds of pull which is plenty to launch anything up to about 4.5 pounds with a solid launch or 6 pounds with an adequate launch. Add a little breeze an they really go up!
May 15, 2012, 04:00 PM
Where did my plane go???
Quote:
I went with Hosemonster, and I was very happy with the service I got from Mark.
That was my finding as well.

I purchased the 4 meter high start kit. I only use half of the 100ft rubber part and 200ft of the 500ft line. It puts my 3.5 Xplorer up higher than I need. I ended up selling the other 50ft of rubber as there was no need for it.

HUGH

Quick Reply