Jun 03, 2012, 06:38 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Really? What do you base that upon?

Frankly, if you feel there was some suicidal penchant, he had access to enough painkillers to do so.

He was on prescription medication specifically for a high level of back pain, not for some addiction or desire for suicide.

He was at CostCo, with his girlfriend, shopping.

I currently have a prescription for oxycodone, and at one time, had enough in me to just about stop urination. Do you diagnose me as having a penchant for suicide, or an addiction?
No, he was looking for an altercation, so the cops would kill him because he didn't have it in him to kill himself.

I will not answer for you.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:43 PM
Whirled Peas
Quote:
He was at CostCo, with his girlfriend, shopping.

With a concealed firearm, and while under the influence of a narcotic. And when he was asked to leave after his firearm was exposed he became argumentative instead of leaving the store peacefully. Quite understandable why his family chose to drop the wrongful death lawsuit, really.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:44 PM
D W
D W
I love you man.
Applications can be denied for reasons outlined in the Nevada Revised Statutes. Such reasons include:
o An outstanding warrant of arrest (including Traffic).  
o A felony conviction 
o Judicially declared incompetent or insane. 
o Habitual abuser of drugs or alcohol
o A conviction for a violent crime including a misdemeanor. 
o A conviction for domestic violence or stalking. 
o Currently subject to a restraining order, injunction, or other order of protection involving domestic violence. 
o Currently on parole or probation. 
o A pending entry of a felony conviction or recent suspension of a sentence for a felony. 
o Pending criminal charges 
o False statements on the application.

He should have never allowed to have the CCW permit in the first place. To be taking lethal doses of pain killers is to be a habitual drug abuser.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:50 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
No, he was looking for an altercation, so the cops would kill him because he didn't have it in him to kill himself.
Really? So, shopping was a 'cover story'?

That is quite over-the-top, and not based upon reality.

If he was 'looking for an altercation,' he was quite benign about it, shopping and not starting any altercations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS
I will not answer for you.
Why not? You are comfortable diagnosing Erik.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:51 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
With a concealed firearm, and while under the influence of a narcotic. And when he was asked to leave after his firearm was exposed he became argumentative instead of leaving the store peacefully. Quite understandable why his family chose to drop the wrongful death lawsuit, really.
That had nothing to do with their reasons for dropping the lawsuit. But, if you can rationalize your opinion of him that way, I guess there is no preventing it.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:52 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W
Applications can be denied for reasons outlined in the Nevada Revised Statutes. Such reasons include:
o An outstanding warrant of arrest (including Traffic).  
o A felony conviction 
o Judicially declared incompetent or insane. 
o Habitual abuser of drugs or alcohol
o A conviction for a violent crime including a misdemeanor. 
o A conviction for domestic violence or stalking. 
o Currently subject to a restraining order, injunction, or other order of protection involving domestic violence. 
o Currently on parole or probation. 
o A pending entry of a felony conviction or recent suspension of a sentence for a felony. 
o Pending criminal charges 
o False statements on the application.

He should have never allowed to have the CCW permit in the first place. To be taking lethal doses of pain killers is to be a habitual drug abuser.
That says 'habitual abuser.' Not, prescribed user.

To answer the question I asked above, for me, one pill every 4 hours for 36 hours was enough to shut down my ability to urinate. For someone else, that may barely be enough to make a dent in pain.

Have you seen what dose was considered a 'lethal dose,' or are you simply taking their word for it?
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Really? So, shopping was a 'cover story'?

That is quite over-the-top, and not based upon reality.
Why not? You are comfortable diagnosing Erik.
This is not about you.
Even if it was Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, he still may have been shot by police if he was armed and presented a threat.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:55 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
This is not about you.
What does that matter? How do you know what level was a 'lethal level' for Erik?
Jun 03, 2012, 06:56 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Even if it was Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, he still may have been shot by police if he was armed and presented a threat.
There is the elephant in the room.

Other than a 'heated argument,' he didn't present a threat to anyone. In fact, when he was shot, he was leaving the store with the other customers.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:58 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
What does that matter? How do you know what level was a 'lethal level' for Erik?
Then quit asking us to diagnose your condition... why would you want to set yourself up for fair game?
Jun 03, 2012, 06:59 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
There is the elephant in the room.

Other than a 'heated argument,' he didn't present a threat to anyone. In fact, when he was shot, he was leaving the store with the other customers.
He had a gun, he was a threat.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:00 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Then quit asking us to diagnose your condition... why would you want to set yourself up for fair game?
So, do you know what level he was taking? Do you know if it was the prescribed dosage? Do you know what level was used to claim 'lethal dosage?'

Frankly, if the dosage was that close to 'lethal,' I would NOT expect him to be walking; much less shopping.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:00 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quit baiting him Kenny.
Jun 03, 2012, 07:01 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
He had a gun, he was a threat.
How is having a gun a 'threat?' Cops have guns too. Are they threats?

The simple fact of having a firearm does not make someone a 'threat.' Why would you claim that it does?

Quick Reply