May 26, 2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos
1st question : did you do the RC safety wizrard ?
if no, do it.
If yes, when asked for level flight, did you give cruise throttle of left throttle to zero ?

I did that mistake once.
Hello - thanks for the response

Yes - I did do the rc wizard and also set the cruise throttle at the same time

When the RTH function was started, the throttle went to the required setting -- it was just the sharp right turn that was the problem

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2012, 02:48 AM
The way of being is doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg
Did you precisely balance the prop using a magnetic balancer? The prop, of course, is the main source of vibration. There is some vibration caused by turbulence but usually very little. Also, try varying your throttle setting. The vibration at different RPM's can be dramatically different.
Best,
Steven
The two blades of my folding prop have exactly the same weight on the balance. So are balanced. In all RPM low or high the vibration in flight are at full scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos
1st question : did you do the RC safety wizrard ?
if no, do it.
If yes, when asked for level flight, did you give cruise throttle of left throttle to zero ?

I did that mistake once.
Yes i do the RC wizard. For Level Flight I give cruise throttle.

I think the problem is caused by RVOSD contact with other elements inside Zephyr bay. I think this amplifies the vibrations. Do not believe ?
May 27, 2012, 03:54 AM
Why dont you hold down the plane, give it full throttle and put your finger onto the RVOSD unit and feel for vibrations?
May 27, 2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
Why dont you hold down the plane, give it full throttle and put your finger onto the RVOSD unit and feel for vibrations?
On the ground vibrations are a little less at low values but at full throttle they always reach full scale.
May 27, 2012, 08:00 AM
Sirach 6:7-16
I think the problem is caused by RVOSD contact with other elements inside Zephyr bay. I think this amplifies the vibrations. Do not believe ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is possible you are at a point in the Zephyr cavity that's at resonance, thus actually amplifying the vibration amplitude. You can try moving to a different location, try a different dampening material or some have had luck with weighing down or compressing the RVOSD. Hope you sort it out soon.
May 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
I think there are/were 2 questions going on at the same time here
I was asking about the problem with my RVOSD always wanting to go right and up everytime I engage RTH

Anything I might be able to do?
May 28, 2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg
I think the problem is caused by RVOSD contact with other elements inside Zephyr bay. I think this amplifies the vibrations. Do not believe ?

Yes, it is possible you are at a point in the Zephyr cavity that's at resonance, thus actually amplifying the vibration amplitude. You can try moving to a different location, try a different dampening material or some have had luck with weighing down or compressing the RVOSD. Hope you sort it out soon.
I think the video below can tell more than 1000 words.

You can see three Level Flight test, one vibration test in flight and one on the ground.

Sorry for quality.. I uploaded the video in the shortest possible time..

http://vimeo.com/42940473
May 28, 2012, 03:59 AM
Your AHI is not well calibrated. Set properly neutral AHI procedure on the ground with motor off.
May 28, 2012, 05:17 AM
On a holiday?
Wow, I've seen the vibration graphs so maxed out (0:50).
May 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL
Your AHI is not well calibrated. Set properly neutral AHI procedure on the ground with motor off.
I set AHI neutral first time on the ground and second time in air but nothing change in Level Flight...

Do you saw the vibrations ? ... they are a lot. I think this is the problem.

Though I set neutral AHI with high vibration I suppose that AHI drift right or left..
May 28, 2012, 08:18 AM
Set cruise and glide throttle to idle and set again neutral AHI on the ground with motor off.
Remember to save configuration.
Then, try again the level flight mode at high altitude. Now you can eliminate (or not) the vibration variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV
I set AHI neutral first time on the ground and second time in air but nothing change in Level Flight...

Do you saw the vibrations ? ... they are a lot. I think this is the problem.

Though I set neutral AHI with high vibration I suppose that AHI drift right or left..
May 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL
Set cruise and glide throttle to idle and set again neutral AHI on the ground with motor off.
Remember to save configuration.
Then, try again the level flight mode at high altitude. Now you can eliminate (or not) the vibration variable.
I just try to set neutral AHI on the ground with motor off but when I go in flight.. however with controlled flight or autopilot... the AHI drift left or right.

You can see in the video..
May 28, 2012, 01:24 PM
Sirach 6:7-16
[QUOTE=IMEIV;21733555]I just try to set neutral AHI on the ground with motor off but when I go in flight.. however with controlled flight or autopilot... the AHI drift left or right.

Is there anyway the RVOSD could be shifting position once in flight? Your vibration is quite high on X and Z axis. You can concentrate there. El Cheapo would have to weigh in on your vib levels being capable of over driving the rest of the electronics.
May 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
The Flying Circus
If the vibrations are upsetting the IMU, when the motor is stopped the AHI settles down by itself after a short time. Have you tried getting up some altitude and letting the plane glide for a minute or 2? The AHI should correct itself if the vibes are the cause of the problem.
May 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=CN I Dawg;21734566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV
I just try to set neutral AHI on the ground with motor off but when I go in flight.. however with controlled flight or autopilot... the AHI drift left or right.

Is there anyway the RVOSD could be shifting position once in flight? Your vibration is quite high on X and Z axis. You can concentrate there. El Cheapo would have to weigh in on your vib levels being capable of over driving the rest of the electronics.
You mean that RVOSD it's not fixed properly inside the plane and it moves once in flight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
If the vibrations are upsetting the IMU, when the motor is stopped the AHI settles down by itself after a short time. Have you tried getting up some altitude and letting the plane glide for a minute or 2? The AHI should correct itself if the vibes are the cause of the problem.
No but I will try. thanks for the advice

Quick Reply