Oct 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
RCHN #150
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis
Nice move Rick! Love to see this when you get it going. I just spent a couple days working on my own 600 project. Like you I am waiting for the black to hit.

Mine started out as an old flybarred Esp. I gutted it, cut my own Cf and dual fiberglass panels withCF reinforcement sheets to support the 3 bearing main. And installed a horde of Bob's brilliant parts from RcTek. Mine is being stretched to run Edge 815s. Belt driven motor to main, Compass 6HV head, Custom wound scorp, And again, not a stock part left on the entire heli. Lol. Stock sucks! Hope to get this up soon. I sat up till 3am two nights ago finally getting started on the project.
I broke down and told my local guy what I had done. When I told him the price, his jaw dropped. And, I do spend a ton of money there - my DX18 for example.

Rick
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 06:59 AM
RCHN #150
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2
Where,where,we want to see!
Maybe push the release date back a month?

Rick
Oct 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
The price of GPS what you know?I understand that appeared in a German shop at 600 euro,which I find huge.
Oct 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
RCHN #150
Thread OP
Quote:
The price of GPS what you know?I understand that appeared in a German shop at 600 euro,which I find huge.
I don't know.

I hope it will be less than this:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...ng-h/overview/

Rick
Oct 22, 2012, 05:02 AM
A man with too many toys

Gps

GPS won’t be cost effective unless you have a large and expensive helicopter. I have heard that it will be somewhere between $600 and $1000 USD. Apparently firmware development cost is very high. If you want a low price you will have to wait for the Chinese clones.

Oct 22, 2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
GPS won’t be cost effective unless you have a large and expensive helicopter. I have heard that it will be somewhere between $600 and $1000 USD. Apparently firmware development cost is very high. If you want a low price you will have to wait for the Chinese clones.

My choppers, considering that is equipped with sk720,easy jumping more than 1200usd,so what it could mean expensive.However it seems that you keep the bear
Oct 22, 2012, 05:08 PM
RCHN #150
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man

I really hope you are wrong. This device could save a beginner a ton in repairs.

Rick
Oct 24, 2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816
I really hope you are wrong. This device could save a beginner a ton in repairs.

Rick
They have said it will cost more than the SK720 does for the GPS. They were not more specific though. So at least $800 for the system.

Considering this is AFAIK the only GPS system capable of working during 3D though... well you get what you pay for.
Oct 24, 2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker
They have said it will cost more than the SK720 does for the GPS. They were not more specific though. So at least $800 for the system.

Considering this is AFAIK the only GPS system capable of working during 3D though... well you get what you pay for.
Almost 800usd would be good for the whole system.
Oct 24, 2012, 04:53 AM
A man with too many toys
More bad news the new 720 black with metal case and improved sensors will be out soon but it will cost $50 to $100 USD more than the old one. Advanced Skookum technology is definitely not cheap.

Skookum really needs to offer a discounted package deal for those who need a 720 with GPS.

Oct 24, 2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
My choppers, considering that is equipped with sk720,easy jumping more than 1200usd,so what it could mean expensive.However it seems that you keep the bear
Takeoff, when I built my 1st batch Outrage 550 of course with a FLYBAR I had 2300.00+ USD in it. The cf kit was 500. Then

The 7HV with good electronics is almost 4K
700's are expensive. Lol
Oct 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp
Takeoff, when I built my 1st batch Outrage 550 of course with a FLYBAR I had 2300.00+ USD in it. The cf kit was 500. Then

The 7HV with good electronics is almost 4K
700's are expensive. Lol
OR550 cost me more than 2000usd, I said approximate average of the 7 heli possessed,anyway at one time you lose count.Now I do not think it's bad to cost less
Oct 25, 2012, 03:40 AM
The Gps would be worth while for me if it had way points, and could be easily setup for a flybarred heli. That way I could set it to cross a field back, and forth for survey pictures. I see the skookum web site lists the new SK720 as GPS ready, wonder what that means.
Oct 25, 2012, 09:45 AM
RCHN #150
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
The Gps would be worth while for me if it had way points, and could be easily setup for a flybarred heli. That way I could set it to cross a field back, and forth for survey pictures. I see the skookum web site lists the new SK720 as GPS ready, wonder what that means.
It's always been "GPS ready." Since the very first version.

Waypoints are difficult because of FAA regulations.

Rick
Oct 25, 2012, 03:00 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816
It's always been "GPS ready." Since the very first version.

Waypoints are difficult because of FAA regulations.

Rick
It’s legal in the US as long as it falls under AMA guidelines. The FAA does not get involved unless it’s used for commercial purposes (AP for hire).

There is more of a problem in Canada so Skookum is reluctant to add that feature since they are a Canadian company.

Roto Rob
If you only want to use it for a flybar helicopter then there are several other solutions that have waypoint navigation at a much lower cost. I have tried the APM2.5 and it works great but it’s not a flybarless controller. http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/...rduCopter?tm=6

The APM works with Airplanes, helicopters (Traditional Heli), and multi rotors (I found that the best for AP). http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/...opter_TradHeli

Quick Reply