May 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Thread OP
Discussion

Flite Test Thread

Hey guys i'm new to Rc planes and what has really helped me get into the swing of things is this Show. Its a show on youtube with two presenters ( One of which made the Bixler rc plane called Josh Bixler) which updates frequently doing reviews of all type of Rc planes, batteries and stuff. (they're sponsored by hobby king BTW) Really this is just to see how many people watch the showbecause it really helps. Here's the link to it because it really is worth checking out http://flitetest.com/
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
( One of which made the Bixler rc plane called Josh Bixler)
Incorrect.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
May 26, 2012, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Oh he didn't make the Bixler
May 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
I make metal smaller.
Nope. I like the show though, they have fun and do some cool stuff. It's been around for a while.
May 26, 2012, 11:48 AM
No. HobbyKing's foam factory copied a popular, well-proven design that's been around for years and just slapped his name on it. Josh Bixler did not design, invent, innovate, or develop the plane.

I won't comment on Flite Test.
May 26, 2012, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
No. HobbyKing's foam factory copied a popular, well-proven design that's been around for years and just slapped his name on it. Josh Bixler did not design, invent, innovate, or develop the plane.

Bad day i see
May 26, 2012, 08:28 PM
Closed Account
Quote:

I've watched some of them, and they aren't bad at all. It's actually good because there are not really many entertaining/informative RC videos around. They try stuff like lifting a concrete block, cobble together a plane from 3 or 4 other planes. I don't know if there is anything else like it in a series that gets new episodes regularly.
May 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
I've only seen a couple episodes that cover things which specifically interest me, and there were some small details that just bugged me. If I were to actually say what I think of them it would probably be an unfair opinion since I don't have enough to go on. I can see why a lot of people like them, though, and I like the fact that they're helpful for so many folks. They're just not my cup of tea
May 26, 2012, 09:33 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
I've only seen a couple episodes that cover things which specifically interest me, and there were some small details that just bugged me. If I were to actually say what I think of them it would probably be an unfair opinion since I don't have enough to go on. I can see why a lot of people like them, though, and I like the fact that they're helpful for so many folks. They're just not my cup of tea
If anything, it get people thinking and hopefully experimenting. It's not my thing either, but it's as close the Mythbusters for RC (or some entertaining/informative show) as we'll probably get.

I also don't mind it is supported by HK, it's not a secret, there's an icon on the lower right for part of the video. People will probably be happy with the part recommendations. I've used a lot of HK parts, and they are much better than the electronics you get from the lowest tier RTF parkflyer vendors.

Quick Reply