Dec 08, 2009, 04:42 PM
Southern Pride
Quote:
OT, do you know where to get those silicone banana housings?
cheapbatterypacks.com
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2009, 04:59 PM
Suspended Account
Junsi should say a lot of things, but.... (here, read, "connection breakdown").
Dec 08, 2009, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
Junsi should say a lot of things, but.... (here, read, "connection breakdown").

Be nice They are working to resolve the problem with the 208B chargers.

Steve Neu
Dec 08, 2009, 06:22 PM
Spending money helps, right?
He has been noticeably absent of late - hopefully its because they are too busy working on finding the cause and working on a resolution for the connection breakdown issue. In the mean time mine is still powering along nicely (touch wood) charging 3 to 4 batts in parallel at a time without missing a beat. Hope I havent jinxed myself there!!

Hope to hear some good news from you soon Junsi (we notice you keep logging on so I assume you are reading the posts and keep up the good work, Dave.
Dec 08, 2009, 06:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
Be nice They are working to resolve the problem with the 208B chargers.

Steve Neu
I smiled as I said it! That is good news, indeed!
Dec 08, 2009, 08:28 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Worthy of note perhaps: In an attempt to fix the connection breakdown issues I've been having with my 208b, I tried again flashing new firmware (Thx Charles). Unfortunately it still has the errors, but... I was observing more carefully when those errors happened. 4 errors in a row, charging my FP 3s1350 Evolite 2 pack at 1.3A, and they all occurred at exactly 64mAh in to the charge (or 3min). Perhaps there's a link between time/capacity and these errors in the firmware, perhaps not.

I'll experiment more with trying to clear my "log file" and see if that works. I'm wondering if perhaps a there's an issue with the firmware handling new data (ie deleting old) when the memory gets filled up, maybe not? Worth a try IMO.

BTW, thank you Junsi for not wasting too much time fending off the all the identical CB error posts; I for one would rather know you guys are spending time actually coming up with a fix, rather than sending flowers to your "louder" customers.

Cheers,
Kevin
Dec 08, 2009, 08:37 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Nope, sure enough... after clearing my log file, I hooked up a 2s800 and tried balance charging at 0.8A. At exactly 3min:03sec later (39mAh), the CB error struck. I think that we can call this a definite correlation between "3min" and a CB error. To expediate a fix, perhaps those of you who also have CB errors could verify whether or not 3min is the "magic number".

Cheers,
Kevin
Dec 08, 2009, 08:45 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
Nope, sure enough... after clearing my log file, I hooked up a 2s800 and tried balance charging at 0.8A. At exactly 3min:03sec later (39mAh), the CB error struck. I think that we can call this a definite correlation between "3min" and a CB error. To expediate a fix, perhaps those of you who also have CB errors could verify whether or not 3min is the "magic number".

Cheers,
Kevin
How "loud" should we be?

For what it's worth, mine seemed absolutely random: sometimes it happened at the beginning of a charge, and sometimes toward the end.
Last edited by angelfood; Dec 08, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Dec 08, 2009, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
BTW, thank you Junsi for not wasting too much time fending off the all the identical CB error posts; I for one would rather know you guys are spending time actually coming up with a fix, rather than sending flowers to your "louder" customers.

Cheers,
Kevin
In principle I agree with you BUT one message to confirm that a fix is underway would go a long way to keeping the wolves at bay.

It is not as though we would be dragging Junsi away from R&D as his profile confirms he was online today

# Last Activity: Today 02:04 AM

So why not a brief comment - please Junsi?

George
Dec 09, 2009, 02:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
In principle I agree with you BUT one message to confirm that a fix is underway would go a long way to keeping the wolves at bay.

It is not as though we would be dragging Junsi away from R&D as his profile confirms he was online today

# Last Activity: Today 02:04 AM

So why not a brief comment - please Junsi?

George
Hello Sir,

We are sorry for the issue of Connection Breakdown.

Our engineer is still improving the software.
Maybe it will be out in two or three days.
At that time, we will let all you know about it.

Regards,
Junsi
Dec 09, 2009, 04:07 AM
iCharger 106B user
Junsi Glad to wee you again.

Please what is the source for Stve's and A Main charger, are those the same?
Dec 09, 2009, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Sir,

We are sorry for the issue of Connection Breakdown.

Our engineer is still improving the software.
Maybe it will be out in two or three days.
At that time, we will let all you know about it.

Regards,
Junsi
Hi Junsi,
Thank you very much. You have restored faith by a simple communication. I retired as a senior executive in a company exporting around the world and employing over 500 people. I commend you for your approach to your customers. You will win as a result but please keep a regular communication going to ensure success.

It is important for the consumer but more important for you as the supplier.

Good luck.

George
Dec 09, 2009, 05:19 AM
Keep it steady
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
hi junsi,
thank you very much. You have restored faith by a simple communication. I retired as a senior executive in a company exporting around the world and employing over 500 people. I commend you for your approach to your customers. You will win as a result but please keep a regular communication going to ensure success.

It is important for the consumer but more important for you as the supplier.

Good luck.

George
+1 !
Dec 09, 2009, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun View Post
Junsi Glad to wee you again.

Please what is the source for Stve's and A Main charger, are those the same?

None of your business my friend.

Steve Neu
Dec 09, 2009, 11:05 AM
Southern Pride
To add to Steve's comments.

The source would not tell all. They could be manufactured in the same plant and have different quality components,firmware,capabilities etc.

In the past there was and may still be a cloned TP1010C made in the same factory that could even be flashed with the TP firmware. These were less expensive than the TP1010C but from the post I read they gave a lot more problems. Some still think that if two items look the same they must be the same.

Charles

Quick Reply