Nov 24, 2012, 11:10 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast
No worries! Glad to help

Q1: Speed brakes aren't necessary by any means. It's used to slow down the plane. Basically what it does is move both rudders out or in.

Q2: Yes; I turn it off after I regain control of the plane.

Q3: When the plane is sideways, and I give it rudder to maintain altitude, it doesn't fly as straight as it should. It gives roll input when I just want up and down movement from using the rudders (while sideways). That is coupling.

Q4: When I give left ruder, the leftmost rudder is the outboard rudder and the rightmost rudder is the inboard rudder. When I give right rudder, the rightmost rudder is the outboard rudder and the leftmost rudder is the inboard rudder.

Hope that helps
Ah okay cool thanks! Setting up the plane in my DX7s, I came up with another question. For the stryker, the wing type is elevon and tail type is dual rudder correct?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2012, 11:14 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
Ah okay cool thanks! Setting up the plane in my DX7s, I came up with another question. For the stryker, the wing type is elevon and tail type is dual rudder correct?
Yup! But only select dual rudder if you plan on disconnecting the y-harness in the plane and using speed brakes. Otherwise, just select, "Normal" for tail type.
Nov 24, 2012, 11:26 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Yup! But only select dual rudder if you plan on disconnecting the y-harness in the plane and using speed brakes. Otherwise, just select, "Normal" for tail type.
Ah okay cool thanks! Oh and are mix #12 and #13 necessary for flight?
Nov 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Ah okay cool thanks! Oh and are mix #12 and #13 necessary for flight?
None of the mixes are actually necessary for flight. If you were to do any mix I would recommend, 1, 2, and 5. You can add the others once you are very familiar with the flight caracteristics of the UM stryker.
Nov 24, 2012, 11:42 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
None of the mixes are actually necessary for flight. If you were to do any mix I would recommend, 1, 2, and 5. You can add the others once you are very familiar with the flight caracteristics of the UM stryker.
Ah okay. Yeah I put in mixes 1 and 2, but am not sure what -A- means in mix 5?
Nov 24, 2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Ah okay. Yeah I put in mixes 1 and 2, but am not sure what -A- means in mix 5?
So what I did there is say, when Switch A is activated, a little bit of elevator will be added. For the Dx7s, that translates to:

GER>ELE
Rate: 0% 15%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Switch: Gear 1

So now when you activate the gear switch, up elevator will be added.
Nov 24, 2012, 11:53 PM
If I could recommend 3 more mixes, it would be 3, 4, and 6. Speed brakes just add to the coolness factor and mix 6 just makes the plane fly a little more level when throttle is applied.
Nov 25, 2012, 12:00 AM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
So what I did there is say, when Switch A is activated, a little bit of elevator will be added. For the Dx7s, that translates to:

GER>ELE
Rate: 0% 15%
Switch: Gear 1

So now when you activate the gear switch, up elevator will be added.
Ah okay sweet thanks!

Quote:
If I could recommend 3 more mixes, it would be 3, 4, and 6. Speed brakes just add to the coolness factor and mix 6 just makes the plane fly a little more level when throttle is applied.
Okay cool I'll try out 3 and 4. About mix 6; I'm unsure how to do that in the DX7s. Would you have any idea on how to do that in the DX7s?
Nov 25, 2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Okay cool I'll try out 3 and 4. About mix 6; I'm unsure how to do that in the DX7s. Would you have any idea on how to do that in the DX7s?
Yeah! Here you go:

THR>RAL
Rate: 0% -6%
Switch: On
Nov 25, 2012, 12:28 AM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Yeah! Here you go:

THR>RAL
Rate: 0% -6%
Switch: On
Cool thanks! Really appreciate all of the settings you gave me. Should make the stryker enjoyable.
Nov 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Cool thanks! Really appreciate all of the settings you gave me. Should make the stryker enjoyable.
Definitely! Flies like a dream. Oh and by the way, I set my travel settings to 70% for FLP and RRU in the servo setup menu.
Nov 25, 2012, 03:01 AM
UMX 3S OG
looks like I have a little learning to do for my DX6i when I get my Stryker next week...
Nov 25, 2012, 04:18 AM
Have fun
Electric, i would save and note all of big east's mixes, but fly the plane first. Get normal with the plane, learn how to do boomerangs.
Add big easts modifications when you want another dimension. You will not get bored, speed brakes are more a cool thing than practical, the stryker q is one of the most uniquely aerobatic planes you find ever.
-harriers
-elevators
-tic tocs
-inverted elevator
-falling leaf
-inverted boomerang
-upright boomerange
-cobra manuever
and more providing your imagination is up to the task. Fly the plane and know the plane first, if youre not completely sure of a lot of things the mixes may inadverdently affect flight, will drastically increase the steep learning curve of how to max your fun with this plane.
The only reason i havent done Big Easts's mixing is that i have a lowly dx6i, but ive mastered this plane.
Just enjoy the plane for now.

Also beware of how to launch it, this is not correctly written in the manuals, the manual states to throw without throttle, and by the time you get your hand back on the elevator give throttle and up elevator.
This only works for some pilots, for other it ends up with replacement fuselages.
People like Real Gambler and myself have the method of holding it by the LE, where the LE extension meets the main wing, point the nose 30-60 degrees up, full throttle and just let go or toss forward.
The other method is similar to the method in the manual, but with throttle.
And no one(to my knowledge) has had the prop eat their hand.
Nov 25, 2012, 07:09 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Totally agree with Airpower. Fly the Stryker first! I still fly it without any mixes today! Well, I did set up the airbrakes, used them for about 3 batteries, as a novelty item, and now, I don't even remember which switch I used! You can stop it on a dime with a Cobra, which is faster than airbrakes and I do all my landings with elevators, so no need to bleed some speed.
Nov 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
Totally agree with Airpower. Fly the Stryker first! I still fly it without any mixes today! Well, I did set up the airbrakes, used them for about 3 batteries, as a novelty item, and now, I don't even remember which switch I used! You can stop it on a dime with a Cobra, which is faster than airbrakes and I do all my landings with elevators, so no need to bleed some speed.
Yeah I agree with all of you. Get very familiar with the plane, have fun with it, and when you feel like it try out another mix or two! I did this setup to show the capability of the dx18 and to help some people have more fun with their stryker!

Quick Reply