Jul 03, 2012, 04:38 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
Thread OP
Boys, boys, boys, we are not debating whether HK sell to shops here, I was only posting my findings because I have (possibly wrongly) assumed that a UK Warehouse is imminent (after all why add these shipping methods if they cannot be used from any of their other warehouses)...As a UK resident I am pretty stoked to be getting a HK Warehouse which can ship kits/planes etc. quickly. I understand, like all the other warehouses, that not all products will be available - but im happy with that!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2012, 07:41 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
I've just been over on the HK forum and was checking there when the UK warehouse might open and i found this,not sure if anyone else has posted it but here you go.

Originally posted by HobbyKing_Admin

Hi guys.
The UK warehouse should open within a few short weeks.
I will be over there for the opening before heading to 3D Masters.

We delayed the opening because we wanted to ensure we had enough stock and variety.

Just quietly, the UK warehouse is going to kick some serious ar5e!

Anthony.

The 3D Masters 2012 will be held in Venlo. Holland on the 13-15 July so we are a lot closer than i thought it might be.
Jul 06, 2012, 11:35 AM
Lucky! I wish they would open up another U.S. warehouse, on the otherside of the coast a bit closer to me Anyone heading to the 3d masters?
Jul 09, 2012, 07:06 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying
Lucky! I wish they would open up another U.S. warehouse, on the otherside of the coast a bit closer to me Anyone heading to the 3d masters?
Ask them they just might help you out and open another one a bit closer to you,what about next door or is that to close.

Anyway the UK warehouse has gone live today and i just had to order something didn't i,i went for the Durafly SE5a and the postage options was bang on IMO,i got the choice of 48H or a 24H and i went for the 24 hour option at around the £11 mark but for you who don't want to pay the full price you can go for the 48H one at around £7 i think it was,not 100% sure on that so you will have to wait and see when you make your orders.
Jul 09, 2012, 07:33 AM
who put that tree there
its finally opened..
just had a look a few nice planes,but no lipos as yet..
Jul 09, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz
Ask them they just might help you out and open another one a bit closer to you,what about next door or is that to close.

Anyway the UK warehouse has gone live today and i just had to order something didn't i,i went for the Durafly SE5a and the postage options was bang on IMO,i got the choice of 48H or a 24H and i went for the 24 hour option at around the £11 mark but for you who don't want to pay the full price you can go for the 48H one at around £7 i think it was,not 100% sure on that so you will have to wait and see when you make your orders.
Glad to see your warehouse is shipping at the very reasonable rates our U.S. warehouse is. I shipped a huge package the other day and its due to arrive any minute now ( yaay ) and was under $18 so right around £12.
Jul 09, 2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44
its finally opened..
just had a look a few nice planes,but no lipos as yet..
Yes, I've been waiting for them to open so that I could order some.

I've been eagerly waiting but now, a pretty poor show from HK. There should have been a whole lot more in stock. Not a single accessory, for example. No receivers, batteries, cables, fittings, etc.
Jul 09, 2012, 12:21 PM
who put that tree there
hopefully over the next week should see some stock, i hope so anyway.
defo a bit of a poor show no accesseries,lipos,motors.etc etc...
Jul 09, 2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44
hopefully over the next week should see some stock, i hope so anyway.
defo a bit of a poor show no accesseries,lipos,motors.etc etc...
Scott did recently say in the HK Lancaster thread 'a bit suprised (sic) ourselves at it opening today, most of the stock has not been entered into the system yet! ' so hopefully there will be more on there soon.
Last edited by netdudeuk; Jul 09, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Jul 09, 2012, 01:13 PM
Suspended Account
will the UK warehouse ship to the rest of the european Countries that DE WH can't
Jul 09, 2012, 01:14 PM
Suspended Account
ok neither UK or DE warehouse will ship to Cyprus.. how stupid is that?
Jul 09, 2012, 03:32 PM
This is awesome news for us - bad bad news for hobby shops.

Bixler ARF for £44 posted. Equivalent sky surfer over here is well over double that.
Jul 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
who put that tree there
......just checked that out,BARGAIN with motor and servos installed..
Jul 09, 2012, 09:12 PM
The bixler is freaking amazing. I also LOVE the axn clouds fly they have (if you cant tell by the name ) The U.S. warehouse cant keep these planes in stock!
Jul 10, 2012, 04:11 AM
Confused? Who, me?
The UK warehouse is, for me, a welcome appearance and since it's actually appeared about two months earlier than I was expecting I'm not bothered about the presently limited stock. I'm worried that it's not going to be particularly good news for GiantShark who I think offer the best online service and value going (including a range of HK/Turnigy products) although at the moment HKUK have the planes and GS have the accessories. It will be interesting to see if HKUK match the UK standard we are all coming to expect (and reliably demonstrated by GS) of same day despatch. And some other UK hobby shops are certainly going to feel the breeze. Under £50 delivered to my door for a PNP EPO EDF such as https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html is going to burn a lot of people's ears. That may not turn out to be as good as it looks right now - be careful what you wish for. It'll be interesting to see whether the low pricing is matched by HK's less than perfect customer service and product back-up. I for one would certainly pay a little more for the security of good product backup that HKUK's existing UK based competitors (generally) offer.

Quick Reply