This thread is privately moderated by Moparbob, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 17, 2012, 11:54 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Old School
Thread OP
Wanted

Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted

Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted
BNF or PNP
Bob, 310-400-9158
Hermosa Beach, CA
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2012, 12:02 AM
Trader Rating: 33
Team Twisted!
A new one is the way to go i doubt anyone wants to let this little thing go lol. It's a great flyer and you wont be dissapointed. Just get it with the power combo and orange rx. Don't forget landing gear if you want that it is not included
Mar 18, 2012, 01:24 AM
Old School
Thread OP
Agreed. I'm only hoping for a reply and expect the price to be dear.
Will build if have to, but I suck at building.
Bob
Mar 18, 2012, 01:38 AM
Trader Rating: 36
Just a bored guy
So you would rather pay shipping for a 36"x36"x10" box to have a used plane that's already built. It would cost way more than just buying it new and assembling it yourself. If you can't assemble this plane, well your place is rtf and arf planes.

This only has 9 main pieces:
- 2 wings
- horizontal fuse
- horizontal stab
- upper vertical fuse
- rudder/vertical stab
- 2 fuse stiffeners
Mar 18, 2012, 06:26 AM
Trader Rating: 72
AMA 1034020
Not trying to jack your thread moparbob.
Hone1er, what's the run time on the crack yak with the TH power setup and TH 2's lipo?
Thanks Atch
Mar 18, 2012, 07:00 AM
Team Twisted!
4-6 minutes depending on prop size and throttle control
Mar 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
Trader Rating: 19
**Balsa Mulisha**
Bob, I see you're still looking for nirvana in 32" foam I took your advice and went to Dockwieler, it was fun. I might continue with lessons.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
Team Twisted!
These twisted hobbys planes are suuuper easy to build and you can always check the build thread and go step by step. The hinging is pre done there are slots so everything slides together perfect and no CF trussing to put together. You'll look like a pro at building with one of these. And if you get stuck someone in the Crack yak thread will gladly answer any question you may have fairly quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparbob
Agreed. I'm only hoping for a reply and expect the price to be dear.
Will build if have to, but I suck at building.
Bob
Mar 18, 2012, 11:40 AM
Just a bored guy
Anyone from any of the Crack Series thread will be able to help you as they all have the same method of construction.
Mar 18, 2012, 12:15 PM
Old School
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongstuff05
Bob, I see you're still looking for nirvana in 32" foam I took your advice and went to Dockwieler, it was fun. I might continue with lessons.
Yep. I am having a ball with the 3DHS Extra EPP. It flys great, but I am looking for the next step. The TH CY has a cult following, so it unlikely to find anyone willing to sell, let alone ship. However, I can hope. Will build if have to.

Say hi to Greg at Dockweiler. I may be able to resume hang gliding this summer, but meanwhile health and time issues get in the way. If unable to resume hangliding, will be peddling a like-new 170 Falcon 3, knee-strap harness with chute, helmet, and radio. A perfect first glider.

Regards,
Bob
Mar 18, 2012, 12:33 PM
Trader Rating: 19
**Balsa Mulisha**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparbob
Yep. I am having a ball with the 3DHS Extra EPP. It flys great, but I am looking for the next step. The TH CY has a cult following, so it unlikely to find anyone willing to sell, let alone ship. However, I can hope. Will build if have to.

Say hi to Greg at Dockweiler. I may be able to resume hang gliding this summer, but meanwhile health and time issues get in the way. If unable to resume hangliding, will be peddling a like-new 170 Falcon 3, knee-strap harness with chute, helmet, and radio. A perfect first glider.

Regards,
Bob
I hope you get past the health issues soon and back in the air. If I continue, I would like to find a like new 195 Falcon 3. Best of luck, Randy
Mar 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
Old School
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
So you would rather pay shipping for a 36"x36"x10" box to have a used plane that's already built. It would cost way more than just buying it new and assembling it yourself. If you can't assemble this plane, well your place is rtf and arf planes.

This only has 9 main pieces:
- 2 wings
- horizontal fuse
- horizontal stab
- upper vertical fuse
- rudder/vertical stab
- 2 fuse stiffeners
Yes, I would rather pay shipping to have a plane that's already built and maybe "my place is rtf and arf". The BNF Eflite Extra UMX is pretty good. However, I did recently find and purchase a great used LPU BNF 3DHS Extra EPP, for less than total retail cost of the parts, and believe that this used setup is superior to any retail RTF/ARF. Maybe I will also luck out my search for a used TH CY. In reading through the discussion, I did see one used TH CY sale. I have no problem paying for a good used product and shipping. LPU would be better. I estimate that retail cost for all parts is about $250. Anyone interested in selling a used Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak for $250?

I will build if I have to. The discussion is very helpful and participants are very willing to share. Some claim that the build can be done in 3-6 hours. But, I figure it would take me about 10-12 hours. Let's see: My time (to me) is worth about $100/hr. (At my age, time is precious). Anyway: 12hr x $100 = $1200 in labor. $1200 + $250 parts = $1450. And, the result would probably be inferior to a used plane by an experienced builder. So, again, I have no problem paying for a good used product, LPU or shipped. (But, not $1450).

Perhaps my post is not as "lol" outrageous as it seems. Time and results will tell.

Respectfully,
Bob
Mar 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
Just a bored guy
Oh I'm sorry. I really didn't mean any disrespect.

Woah the plane is not worth $250. My first Extra Slick got robbed. I just ordered another one early this morning for $154 shipped. I should have it on Wednesday. Brad (Twisted) performs sorcery when it comes to shipping. If you are willing to wait that long, I'll post my build right here in this thread just for you.

I've already put one together. I'm sure I can get a second one done in about 3hrs.

If you still choose not to build one yourself, I will gladly build one for you. Our school PO ships for insanely low prices through UPS. I'll get a quote for that as soon as possible.

Kevon
Mar 18, 2012, 01:47 PM
Old School
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongstuff05
I hope you get past the health issues soon and back in the air. If I continue, I would like to find a like new 195 Falcon 3. Best of luck, Randy
Randy,

Greg De Wolf and Joe Greblo can get you a great deal on a new or like new 195 Falcon. And, now that I think it through, my Falcon 3 is a 195. The 170 seemed to be the best choice from my early research. Greg and Joe knew better, and recommended the 195. My 195 is one of the "Dubai" hang gliders, purchased new by Joe for a film shoot, but never used. I have about 5 flights from Kagle Mountain in Sylmar. The Dubai glliders are all white, and some have a falcon/feather paint job as seen on the Windsports or SHGA web site. Mine is plain white. If I am unable to continue, I will be selling/consigning back to Joe. In any event, I think it's best to purchase through Windsports, considering: inspection and certification, support, goodwill, and trade-up value.

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,
Bob

Quick Reply